MATCH: vs Brentford (A) League Cup 21/09/2021

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possibly the worst performance I've ever seen from an Oldham side, and fuck me there's been some bad ones. Absolutely no heart or willing, players constantly being outmuscled, barely two passes put together, against Brentfords B team. The players have fully thrown in the towel now, Saturday is gonna be poisonous. Fuck off Abdallah

Just on way back and it was woeful.

You can't just blame Curle though. 

Brentfords pace and power were a different league even their 2nd team.

We are a poor squad when all fit, never mind when we can't even field a full bench in the cup at a Prem League side. We also looked knackered from the off and have no options to change anything at the moment.

Fans were great throughout apart from a few knobs fighting with stewards.

The only way out is

Addullah out- end of.🤡

21 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We are a poor squad when all fit, never mind when we can't even field a full bench in the cup at a Prem League side. We also looked knackered from the off and have no options to change anything at the moment.

The only way out is

Addullah out- end of.🤡

How did the 3 kids play?

20 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He must be a broken man now though Monty, AL makes and breaks them with no feelings.

Exactly. No point us sticking the boot in, then doing it again to his replacement after a few weeks. Utterly pointless and ill aimed waste of time and energy.

3 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

We were mildly better in the 2 d half and they should be given a chance. Brentford were just so much better than us though and coming on at 5  0 not ideal

Free hit for them really l suppose. l once came on at HT 9-0 down away at top of the league, picked up a quick yellow card and bagged in a 9-1 defeat. l defo wasn't a youngster tho. There's a couple on here who bore witness and would say l probably should have been sent off at least twice 😬😬

Never forget how determined they were to get double figures, probably the only reason l played tbh.

That, and Dave had earache.

Completely irelivent story for you there, hope the memory of it/pointless anecdote of it somehow brightened somebodys bleak evening.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

The only way out is

Addullah out- end of.🤡

spot on. 
I don’t think I have ever seen such a clueless and weak Oldham team, it really was quite embarrassing to watch.

great support as you say but a few couldn’t keep control of their emotions and pretty much picked a fight with the stewards when a few young Brentford fans jeered at us when the 5th goal went in, all pretty stupid.

I’m usually an optimist but I don’t see much hope for us

Hi. I am a Brentford Fan and just wanted to say I have mad respect for the numbers from your side that came down for the game. You all sang your bloody hearts out and clapped all the way through. I hope brighter days are just around the corner for you and your team and that has to be new owners. 

Easily one of the best bunch of away fans we have had at our new ground. I know there were some issues in the second half with stewards and a few day trippers from our side goading y'all but as a collective you guys were just class.

Hope it all works out for you as we at Brentford - esp. the regulars (LT Season Ticket Holders) are on your side and have mad respect for the way you backed your team and the atmosphere you created.

Having slept on it I have been thinking about last nights game and I really can’t remember seeing such a poor performance by an Oldham team. Clearly it is no disgrace to lose to a team from the top flight....even their B team but it was the total lack of fighting spirit or basic footballing ability that was so shocking.

The kids may or may not have a decent future although they are all pretty lightweight but at least they tried. The more experienced players were just abject and l honestly think my former Saturday pub team would have been capable of at least doing no worse than that shower last night. What it really highlights is that we have a lower table National League team at best....Pidge was excellent against Sutton with the ball in the air and a non league environment but last night with the ball moving quickly on the deck he looked so far out of his depth it was untrue and taking him off at half time was a mercy killing.

It’s almost pointless going through other individual performances, in the first half I don’t think we put two passes together so there isn’t much to say. Every player looked scared, didn’t challenge, played simple passes straight to the opposition and seemed utterly lost. 

I have no idea where we go from here...well actually I know exactly where...Bromley, Maidenhead, Ebsfleet...and as my Son pointed out last night as we plotted our National League tour whilst another 50-50 challenge was lost....”this team is going to struggle at that level”

600 noisy Latics fans last night; the potential remains extraordinary but the reality remains bleak

Archived