3 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

The chances of us signing anyone are slim and 0 but we have a squad of players (as poor as many of them are) it's up to Curle to find 1 or 2 who have some attacking qualities and make it work. 

If we have to experiment and play someone out of position to see if can do a job for 3 games or so so be it. Drawing games won't get us up the league (although thank fully it's so poor we aren't totally adrift)

The defense has got a little better, now we need to try and increase the goals scored and we are going to have to be creative. I'd rather see a midfielder played up front.  You could stick Bam up front as an out and out forward for a time, he's got the strength and tricky to turn on the ball and buy us some time to get up the pitch, Stobbs or Vaughan could maybe take his position out wide.  Couto has come in and done well. How long is Hart out for? He's tall, fairly quick would at least give us something a bit more physical to aim for?  I've never been convinced with Fage but his pace mean you could at least fire a ball down the line for him to run after and try and win some throws, corners, free kicks higher up the pitch....

It's ugly, by no means perfect but at the moment we don't create and take enough chances. We need a plan B. When did we last score first in a game? 

Other than Hartlepool have we looked like winning a home game this season? 

We have Hopcutt, currently injured,  who is an attacking midfielder (allegedly).

Maybe he could play as an out and out striker? Not a target man but a forward to hold up the ball and bring others into play.
Whether he comes back soon is anyone’s guess as we simply do not get injury updates anymore…😮

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

We have Hopcutt, currently injured,  who is an attacking midfielder (allegedly).

Maybe he could play as an out and out striker? Not a target man but a forward to hold up the ball and bring others into play.
Whether he comes back soon is anyone’s guess as we simply do not get injury updates anymore…😮

Sorry...great minds....!

22 hours ago, Lee Sinnott2 said:

We are 91st in the football league...

With lots of injuries. Admittedly it's possible these are in some cases are down to training methods at the outset, but they were playing well beforehand. Get rid of Jameson and add a striker on loan and we should be ok. Pay off the loan and add another striker would be even better, but that won't happen.

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Still need sacking?

I'm not an advocate of sacking the manager every two minutes and today's result was a step in the right direction. I didn't see the game and I am sure someone will come along with a fair synopsis at some point. Did the team play better? The stats don't suggest they were the better team but then again, stats are meaningless, goals are not.

I do get the feeling that McGahey has helped shore up the defence and Leutweiller may be coming into his own with each game he plays. Couto seems to be a good acquisition. 

The players defended much better as a unit and we scored three good goals, however, Stevenage, who are just one place above us in the table dominated us for long periods.

It gives me hope that we can avoid another relegation but that’s all….. I’m not getting carried away by one result!!

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Avoiding relegation plus new owners is the best we can expect in the next 12 months

In a perfect world- you are spot on. 

But. 

I don’t think he’ll ever sell it while we’re a league club, because in his deluded mind he’ll still think his asking price is fair. 

So- of course I want us to stay up, but IMO staying up means he stays. . Which obviously I don’t want. 

So the question is- 

Do fans want league football and ALMO to stay. 

or 

Relegation and better chance he’ll sell. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But. 

I don’t think he’ll ever sell it while we’re a league club, because in his deluded mind he’ll still think his asking price is fair. 

So- of course I want us to stay up, but IMO staying up means he stays. . Which obviously I don’t want. 

So the question is- 

or 

He wants his money back.  No chance of that if we go down.

Our best chance for new owners is if we go up.  However unlikely that is.

7 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

He wants his money back.  No chance of that if we go down.

Our best chance for new owners is if we go up.  However unlikely that is.

Completely disagree. 

So- in your opinion- we’ll have to wait until we go up before someone will think 5/6 million for a badge is fair??? 

There is no scenario he gets all his money back. None. 

The second best thing is- he gets some money back. But he won’t accept that. 

So the best chance of him selling/giving up is when it starts to cost him more money. At the minute the golden share and tv money covers a lot of the budget. When that disappears with relegation, he has a choice. Either throw good after bad (which he won’t) or be forced to give it away/put the club in the admin. 

33 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But. 

So the question is- 

or 

I don't think it's going to come down to those 2 binary choices he won't be our Owner pronably 1 year from now certainly 2. He will be either forced to leave and administration will happen or he will sell willingly 

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I don't think it's going to come down to those 2 binary choices he won't be our Owner pronably 1 year from now certainly 2. He will be either forced to leave and administration will happen or he will sell willingly 

I don’t see how he can be forced to leave/sell (other than he literally can’t afford it anymore, and has to take something, but pride will block that) so yeah I think admin is the most likely way he’ll go. He certainly won’t sell it. 

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

What benefit could he possibly gain from putting the club into administration. 
IMO he will sell, that is providing a buyer can be found.

The only way we go into administration is if a buyer can't be found. If that happens I wouldn't give us a fortnight before administration became liquidation 

21 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t see how he can be forced to leave/sell (other than he literally can’t afford it anymore, and has to take something, but pride will block that) so yeah I think admin is the most likely way he’ll go. He certainly won’t sell it. 

Why would pride block him from selling, but not from giving up on a club that is struggling at the arsehole of L2, and costing him more money every day?

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

We cant fall any further, no way can that be a good thing even if it gets AL out.

He wont be here much longer so lets stay in the football league and ride the shit show out of town whe it happens.

Maxi- no one wants relegation. 

Why won’t he be here much longer? 

Who will pay 5/6 million for a badge in lower echelons of league of Two? 

He’ll be here until either gets his money back, (Never going to happen) or we are relegated/go into admin. 

Again, I don’t want that, but that is the reality. 

Archived