Jump to content

Help with information about the Lottery


Recommended Posts

Can I ask your help?

I  am trying to look at why people are not signing up to the Lottery, following us on twitter, and therefore work out ways to overcome it.

I'd imagine several reasons for not joing would be being able to afford the cost, albeit it is £1 per week, not agreeing with any form of gambling - it should be noted the lotteries do not fall under the categories for addictive gambling due to low stake, and uncertainty where the money is going -more of that in the next few weeks but basically it is to be a contingency or obtain majority shareholding.

Are there any other reasons?

Cheers

singe

 

Join the lottery here. 

OASF1895Lottery

Edited by OASF1895 Lottery
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Three reasons I think (although I'm in)

 

General apathy/malaise

and more importantly lack of clarity about  what the money is for

and scepticism that enough money can ever be raised to be meaningful

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Three reasons I think (although I'm in)

 

General apathy/malaise

and more importantly lack of clarity about  what the money is for

and scepticism that enough money can ever be raised to be meaningful

I have to agree here, although I contribute I dont really know the plan with the funds raised.

I think many will be the same, and many of these wont play.

We have a big population around oldham, tameside and other local areas, this can be aimed at anyone really not just fans.

Its getting it out there thats the trouble, hitting the wider greater manchester public is the key. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Three reasons I think (although I'm in)

 

General apathy/malaise

and more importantly lack of clarity about  what the money is for

and scepticism that enough money can ever be raised to be meaningful

I appreciate the honesty.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

I have to agree here, although I contribute I dont really know the plan with the funds raised.

I think many will be the same, and many of these wont play.

We have a big population around oldham, tameside and other local areas, this can be aimed at anyone really not just fans.

Its getting it out there thats the trouble, hitting the wider greater manchester public is the key. 

 

 

Very much agree, once the website is relaunched, it will be much easier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Quick question I appreciate this will have been said before but How can I sign up.

 

Perhaps a pinned thread at the top of the page with details will help here.

Good point, I'll post it around various places on the site. 

Hi @Matt  Would it be possible to pin the How to raise money for the Contingency Fund - 1) Lottery  in place of the PLayershare pinned past as PLayershare takes a back seat in the current Crisies. I'll edit out the 1) Lottery bit once the new website and other projects are announced. Ta.

Edited by OASF1895 Lottery
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lotteries are vey odd things.  The National Lottery advertises itself by saying how much t hey raise for good causes but of course that amount would be much greater if people just donated their stake money.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Do you send notifications out when people’s payment runs out?
 

I paid a tenner a while back, but the ten weeks covered could’ve run out for all I know.

Let me check back with Tracy and/or Mark what exactly you're supposed to get I haven't joined for obvious reasons but I'll see what they get. However, I can do a manual contact, so will do that too anyway. Saying that, we had 47 renew this week, so something goes out.

Edited by OASF1895 Lottery
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Do you send notifications out when people’s payment runs out?
 

I paid a tenner a while back, but the ten weeks covered could’ve run out for all I know.

Just had a check, and I sent a mass email on 6th August, obviously it may have gone into the spam box. If you've expired, I'm afraid you'll have to sign up again. You can set it to autorenew even if you only play a fiver each time if you want complete control, and add clubforce to your safe senders.

I've just done another mass email, so thatwill likely be in your junk folder.

Edited by OASF1895 Lottery
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johnny punkster said:

Instead of 1 prize winner a week, why not have 5 winners a week eg. 5x £100 winners?
And if one or more of the numbers isn't a winner, then add that to the pot next week. 

Definitely something for discussion. cheers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Three reasons I think (although I'm in)

 

General apathy/malaise

and more importantly lack of clarity about  what the money is for

and scepticism that enough money can ever be raised to be meaningful

Point 3 here is the big one 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, johnny punkster said:

Instead of 1 prize winner a week, why not have 5 winners a week eg. 5x £100 winners?
And if one or more of the numbers isn't a winner, then add that to the pot next week. 

That's an interesting idea.

 

I've signed up for a year, and any win would be a bonus, not expecting it (especially with my record on the gee-gees 😂) but it would be good to know what's needed to win, I can't remember and can't find it anywhere!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OASF1895 Lottery said:

Just had a check, and I sent a mass email on 6th August, obviously it may have gone into the spam box. If you've expired, I'm afraid you'll have to sign up again. You can set it to autorenew even if you only play a fiver each time if you want complete control, and add clubforce to your safe senders.

I've just done another mass email, so thatwill likely be in your junk folder.

 

It's come through now, cheers.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...