Help with information about the Lottery

Well, we've had 2 winners already, 1 accidentally(we set it up wrong someone with 3 balls "won" but we honoured it), and one outright Jackpot winner last month who won £1,200, so that's 1 in 20 at the moment..!

The actual odds are 35,690 to 1.

This compares very favourably to Lotto jackpot at nearly 50 million to 1, and the Euromillions at getting towards 150 million to 1   !!

We are not claiming that the Lottery alone will be sufficient ( much more to come) but we have quite a way to go before 3,000 are playing every week. As Andy has said though, if 1,000 had played every week since Abdallah appeared then we'd have a tidy sum and more clout.

And the main reason for the lottery is to raise money with some fun and low stake. The ability to just chuck money into the Contingency fund is coming soon.

PS Oh, and cheesrs Glossop for the reminder to post the link!!

Join here: Join the OASF1895Lottery

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

That's an interesting idea.

I've signed up for a year, and any win would be a bonus, not expecting it (especially with my record on the gee-gees 😂) but it would be good to know what's needed to win, I can't remember and can't find it anywhere!

Hi, can I  check do you mean the odds? Or something else? cheers

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not a big prize. What's the odds of winning? Am I better putting a quid on a 16 fold?

What impact would the money have if worst came to worst? Pay 2 weeks of Hallam Hope's wage?

I tihnk the 16 fold is roughly 200,00 to 1, so the Lottery odds are much better.

Of course, as it stands today we're not going to rescue the club, but it's the start and other projects on stream. But if people don't join they we definitely cannot even afford a YTS lad for an hour.

21 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Lotteries are vey odd things.  The National Lottery advertises itself by saying how much t hey raise for good causes but of course that amount would be much greater if people just donated their stake money.  

Sorry Dave, I missed replying to this. Basically the new website will have the facility for one off and regular donations straight into the Contingency Fund. Looks like being ready in a couple of weeks.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:33 PM, OASF1895 Lottery said:

Good point, I'll post it around various places on the site. 

Hi @Matt  Would it be possible to pin the How to raise money for the Contingency Fund - 1) Lottery  in place of the PLayershare pinned past as PLayershare takes a back seat in the current Crisies. I'll edit out the 1) Lottery bit once the new website and other projects are announced. Ta.

Done.

On 10/12/2021 at 11:21 AM, OASF1895 Lottery said:

Can I ask your help?

I  am trying to look at why people are not signing up to the Lottery, following us on twitter, and therefore work out ways to overcome it.

I'd imagine several reasons for not joing would be being able to afford the cost, albeit it is £1 per week, not agreeing with any form of gambling - it should be noted the lotteries do not fall under the categories for addictive gambling due to low stake, and uncertainty where the money is going -more of that in the next few weeks but basically it is to be a contingency or obtain majority shareholding.

Are there any other reasons?

Cheers

singe

Join the lottery here. 

OASF1895Lottery

You know my views on this as previously set out.

Raising funds to secure a proper stake in our club should be the trust’s number one priority.

It is a primary reason for being.

That doesn’t come across in the trust’s communications.

As an idea and objective it is lost amongst the crowd of other ideas and objectives.

Less is more.

I believe that until the trust clearly articulates this a priority and structures it’s activities and comms around this then it won’t get very far in raising funds.

I am not about to put money into a ‘just in case’ fund- well not more than loose change. It doesn’t engage me, it doesn’t get me excited, it doesn’t incentivise me. 

I would put money into a proactive effort to secure a meaningful stake in the club which is tied to a clear vision for what we want the future club to look like. 

thanks 

On 10/13/2021 at 11:36 AM, OASF1895 Lottery said:

Sorry Dave, I missed replying to this. Basically the new website will have the facility for one off and regular donations straight into the Contingency Fund. Looks like being ready in a couple of weeks.

I really really encourage you to move away from the idea of this being a contingency fund. 

Where is the trust’s position on actively trying to secure fan ownership? With no clear plan and vision for how people’s hard earned money will be used to deliver the future for OAFC we all want, then we won’t raise much at all.

I set out a lengthy plea for the trust to consider this via email about 3 months ago. Nil response.

11 minutes ago, Andy b said:

I really really encourage you to move away from the idea of this being a contingency fund. 

Where is the trust’s position on actively trying to secure fan ownership? With no clear plan and vision for how people’s hard earned money will be used to deliver the future for OAFC we all want, then we won’t raise much at all.

I agree.  I wouldn't renew for the lottery when the time comes without something on these lines.  I'd rathe give £1 a week with no return but that only works if lots do

On 10/17/2021 at 3:14 PM, Andy b said:

You know my views on this as previously set out.

Raising funds to secure a proper stake in our club should be the trust’s number one priority.

It is a primary reason for being.

That doesn’t come across in the trust’s communications.

As an idea and objective it is lost amongst the crowd of other ideas and objectives.

Less is more.

I believe that until the trust clearly articulates this a priority and structures it’s activities and comms around this then it won’t get very far in raising funds.

I am not about to put money into a ‘just in case’ fund- well not more than loose change. It doesn’t engage me, it doesn’t get me excited, it doesn’t incentivise me. 

I would put money into a proactive effort to secure a meaningful stake in the club which is tied to a clear vision for what we want the future club to look like. 

thanks 

On 10/17/2021 at 3:29 PM, Andy b said:

I set out a lengthy plea for the trust to consider this via email about 3 months ago. Nil response.

On 10/17/2021 at 3:41 PM, Dave_Og said:

I agree.  I wouldn't renew for the lottery when the time comes without something on these lines.  I'd rathe give £1 a week with no return but that only works if lots do

Thank you for taking the time to write, and it is clearer what your thoughts are.

I've always thought it was clear that we wouldn't take a minority shareholding to prop up the current owner,  and it's only owning the club, stadium or both but obviously there is some abiguity that you've both highlighted that needs addressing. Once the new website is launched, I think it will be clearer in itself but that will also be a focus going forward anyway and I will do my little bit on the Lotttery side too. I've fed both your comments back too. Thanks again.

9 hours ago, OASF1895 Lottery said:

Thank you for taking the time to write, and it is clearer what your thoughts are.

I've always thought it was clear that we wouldn't take a minority shareholding to prop up the current owner,  and it's only owning the club, stadium or both but obviously there is some abiguity that you've both highlighted that needs addressing. Once the new website is launched, I think it will be clearer in itself but that will also be a focus going forward anyway and I will do my little bit on the Lotttery side too. I've fed both your comments back too. Thanks again.

What is a contingency fund? What role does such a fund play in securing the future we all want? 

not sure the trust has clarified its own thinking on these important points. Until it does, people won’t put money in. 

23 minutes ago, Andy b said:

not sure the trust has clarified its own thinking on these important points. Until it does, people won’t put money in. 

Well that's just not true. Plenty of us have put money in and will continue to do so hopefully. From your previous posts it appears that YOU won't put money in.

Have you tried looking up what contingency means?

"a future event or circumstance which is possible but cannot be predicted with certainty".

So how do you clarify something that by definition is not able to be clarified?

None of us know what lies in the future so why tie the fund to a very specific priority (your word)? 

Good to see we are all uniting in one cause.

10 hours ago, Andy b said:

What is a contingency fund? What role does such a fund play in securing the future we all want? 

I’m completely with you on this Andy. 

Raising money is a cracking idea and I am fully behind it, albeit it’s about 5 years to late but we are where we are. I appreciate the website takes time, but Christ it’s been months we have been waiting for this website which is what will give us clarity on the contingency fund ? What does the new website do that the current one can’t do in the interim. We have also heard of other fund raising methods but nothing more. My worry is we are coming up to November at this point, I feel personally putting money in is pointless as we won’t raise enough in the timeframe required. There is also not a huge drive from the trust and to be honest there end game. If they came out and said look we are looking to raise x amount, we have gone to AL and Mo and this is the figure they need to walk away, goes without saying we should be negotiating. Then that is something I would put my money into, would actually look to join the trust and help in every way I can. Until then, I’ll be sat here waiting for some proper direction, which may be to late for our club.

Just to add, I come on this forum too many times in a day. I’d like to think I’m up to date on most things. With the trust, I genuinely don’t know what the crack is. Maybe that’s me choosing not to notice, but I feel I would sub consciously notice more if the communication was good. Just a side point but thought I’d mention. 

11 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Well that's just not true. Plenty of us have put money in and will continue to do so hopefully. From your previous posts it appears that YOU won't put money in.

Have you tried looking up what contingency means?

"a future event or circumstance which is possible but cannot be predicted with certainty".

So how do you clarify something that by definition is not able to be clarified?

None of us know what lies in the future so why tie the fund to a very specific priority (your word)? 

Good to see we are all uniting in one cause.

Chill out mate. It’s just a view. And one shared by others. 

I assure you that if the trust appeals for money just to go into a rainy day fund with no ambition to proactively use that fund as a force for good (there is a material difference) then it won’t get far. 

Let’s see how it plays out shall we.

Archived