Ipswich: Directions, Beer & Food

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Comprehensive is an understatement! Suggest that you start reading now in order to finish before Round 1 weekend 😉

The pub just up the road from the station was run by a landlord from Oldham when we got promoted there

7 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Just had a look at trains £150 for a 6 hour journey there and back 

Driving would cost me £40 and take 4 hours 

And they wonder why people sack off public transport 

You could get there quicker going via London, I'm assuming that price/time is via Peterborough?

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You could get there quicker going via London, I'm assuming that price/time is via Peterborough?

I didn’t actually look at the stops so will take that under advisement and check again - does make sense actually as when we have people go to Ipswich from work if we have a site there they go to Euston first 

cheers 

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I didn’t actually look at the stops so will take that under advisement and check again - does make sense actually as when we have people go to Ipswich from work if we have a site there they go to Euston first 

cheers 

I'm travelling from one stop from Ipswich to Ulverston on Tuesday.  Tortuous journey including an hour waiting at Leeds.  That's over 6 hours.

Liverpool St to Ipswich is an hour

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm travelling from one stop from Ipswich to Ulverston on Tuesday.  Tortuous journey including an hour waiting at Leeds.  That's over 6 hours.

Liverpool St to Ipswich is an hour

Yet the trip to Ipswich feels longer, I'm sure it used to stop at every station when I went from Liverpool St to Norwich. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

Yet the trip to Ipswich feels longer, I'm sure it used to stop at every station when I went from Liverpool St to Norwich. 

it's my train back from London.

Stratford, Chelmsford, Colchester, Manningtree

21 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Can't even fly there wtf sort of backward place is this? Bet all the kids are called Arthur or Noah and nobody is called Mohammed yet.

You could fly to Norwich then three stops on the train 

35 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t believe anyone would even contemplate travelling down to Ipswich to support this shower!

We'll take over 500.  I'm looking forward to it.  I've been waiting many years to tick Portman Road off my list of grounds

On 10/17/2021 at 2:48 PM, Dave_Og said:

The pub just up the road from the station was run by a landlord from Oldham when we got promoted there

The pub opposite the train station is the one that Dibble would like you to drink in, but it is a shithole.

If you don't mind a few quid in a taxi each way, the Fat Cat is an outstanding boozer.

Archived