Ipswich: Directions, Beer & Food

2 hours ago, oafc1955 said:

I can’t believe anyone would even contemplate travelling down to Ipswich to support this shower!

I can see where you are coming from, but my lad has pestered me to go bless him, I ain’t put a penny into the fraud brothers at home, but been to most of the away games so booked a weekend in Ipswich, which will bring back fond memories for me, the days we can only dream of back on the days

• Matt featured this topic
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has the club forgotten about this fixture?  

They have given us ticket information for Northampton and Exeter which are weeks afterwards, but still no news for a game being played in a week and a half.

I hoping they announce it's a tenner to get in. 

1 hour ago, oafc 123 said:

Has the club forgotten about this fixture?  

They have given us ticket information for Northampton and Exeter which are weeks afterwards, but still no news for a game being played in a week and a half.

I hoping they announce it's a tenner to get in. 

It is; and a fiver for the juniors and the seniors among us 👍

I have just read the tickets for Ipswich news although I can't go. It's interesting that the coach fare for the 232 mile journey is £35, yet it's only £30 to travel to Exeter which is 251 miles. May be because it's a bigger coach.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Will be our lowest FA Cup away following for a few years i think ☹️

No chance:

Maidstone (2018, 2nd round) -426

Hampton (2018, 1st round) - 274

Lincoln (2016, 2nd round) - 415

Mansfield (2013, 2nd round replay) - 223

Wolves (2013, 1st round replay) - 180

Southend (2011, 2nd round) - 347

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

Will be our lowest FA Cup away following for a few years i think ☹️

Our last 3 fa cup games had a following of approximately 0 so I think we will top that 😉 

Shame I'd we were doing well and being a normal football club we would possibly have taken 1000 maybe even 1500 as its a new ground for many and as they are only 1 division above it would be seen as "winnable"

20 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Our last 3 fa cup games had a following of approximately 0 so I think we will top that 😉 

Shame I'd we were doing well and being a normal football club we would possibly have taken 1000 maybe even 1500 as its a new ground for many and as they are only 1 division above it would be seen as "winnable"

It might be a new ground but it’s also a shocking place to get to - even following @Dave_Og advice it’s several trains from Darwen or a 4 and half hour drive - I’d do the latter if we weren’t dog shit 

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It might be a new ground but it’s also a shocking place to get to - even following @Dave_Og advice it’s several trains from Darwen or a 4 and half hour drive - I’d do the latter if we weren’t dog shit 

It is I believe a bugger to get too I was just thinking if we were a normal shitstorm free football club off the pitch and we were top 7 in this league with the wind in our sails its the type of day out people would be up for.

However that will just be the dream for now (sighs) 

40 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The in laws live in Lowestoft and it would be easy for me to spend the weekend down there, just can't work up the enthusiasm for watching us at the moment though. 

Well I'm going! It's too long a trek for just the game so off down Norwich on Friday, down to Ipswich on Saturday then staying in Bury St Edmunds on Sunday.  Home on Monday. Was based in Suffolk and Norfolk when in RAF way back so it's a good excuse to catch up on my past there.

Going on train via Norwich may work out cheaper when using split tickets. Direct from Mcr it's about £30 single on the Friday. Norwich to Ipswich is about £11 single takes 90mins every hour.

12 minutes ago, johnny punkster said:

Well I'm going! It's too long a trek for just the game so off down Norwich on Friday, down to Ipswich on Saturday then staying in Bury St Edmunds on Sunday.  Home on Monday. Was based in Suffolk and Norfolk when in RAF way back so it's a good excuse to catch up on my past there.

Going on train via Norwich may work out cheaper when using split tickets. Direct from Mcr it's about £30 single on the Friday. Norwich to Ipswich is about £11 single takes 90mins every hour.

13 minutes ago, johnny punkster said:

Norwich to Ips is about 40 minutes. And they think it's a derby!! 

20 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

No chance:

Maidstone (2018, 2nd round) -426

Hampton (2018, 1st round) - 274

Lincoln (2016, 2nd round) - 415

Mansfield (2013, 2nd round replay) - 223

Wolves (2013, 1st round replay) - 180

Southend (2011, 2nd round) - 347

Maidstone and Hampton we sold out and would have taken far more if tickets were available, and I'd be surprised if we took more than the 415 who went to Lincoln which is about a third of the journey to Ipswich.

13 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Wouldn't have been in the same division as Colchester very often 

True, do any of the older ones know if we really paid any attention to Rochdale till we were at the same level?

it was always Blackburn, Bolton and the Manchester clubs when I was growing up (not that City or United could really be called rivals)

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

True, do any of the older ones know if we really paid any attention to Rochdale till we were at the same level?

it was always Blackburn, Bolton and the Manchester clubs when I was growing up (not that City or United could really be called rivals)

Very much the case

15 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Very much saw Dale as the big one in the 60s - and the FA Cup match at Spotland in 70 in front of 13000 demonstrates the appeal of the Cup in those days. 
Rose Bowl matches always well attended too. The likes of Bolton, Blackburn, Preston were always 2nd or 1st Div and out of the playing circle we were part of!

On 10/29/2021 at 11:31 AM, johnny punkster said:

Some seriously good pubs in Norwich if you’re breaking your journey, among which I’d recommend the Fat Cat.

Archived