OASF new website 25.10.21, official launch event on 30.10.21

Dear all

This Saturday we see the official launch of OASF new website.

It has a been a journey and we thank all contributors who have helped over the last 12 months.

The first rollout of the site will be membership and pledges. Specifically how to pledge and includes the 1895 lottery run by volunteers Singe (cheers singe)

The 1895 contingency fund will be  managed independantly from OASF, although we will have representation on that committee/board. More details will be rolled out on the mechanics/process of it

To have a look at the new website click here

Cheers and thanks everyone

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Website looks good on the IOS mobile device. Glad to see the total available for us all to see.

Lets get some initiatives and clear communication/marketing and hope people can begin to get behind the cause. 

Does that total include what has been raised by the lottery ? 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Website looks good on the IOS mobile device. Glad to see the total available for us all to see.

Lets get some initiatives and clear communication/marketing and hope people can begin to get behind the cause. 

Does that total include what has been raised by the lottery ? 

Do we want to advertise how much we have to the potential seller? 

• Matt featured this topic
10 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

At the moment, it would be the same as walking into a ferrari showroom and announcing you have 27p in your pocket. 

I think it's blindingly obvious that I'm not talking about right now 

12 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Do we want to advertise how much we have to the potential seller? 

I find it refreshing to see openness instead of the 'undisclosed, don't tell them anything' and attitude of the club for years now.

A few things here that we are going to have to accept.

1. It is going to take a long time to raise a significant amount of money.

2. We don't have to decide right now what we are going to do with it. The important thing is building up the pot.

3. Regardless what is decided we will not all agree with what it should go towards.

19 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Do you think when all transactions are cashless (not too far away it seems) there will be more openness in business  accounting Dave?

No.  Can't see that would have any impact at all.

6 minutes ago, latics22 said:

So say we go to the wall, what happens to the cash?

If the club goes to the wall and the money is still sat with the trust then we use it to start the new club. If we have already spent it in a failed attempt to save the club (a quite probably scenario) then its wiped out we don't see it again. We start a club from scratch but we also have to start again with the fund raising.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A couple of things here that we are going to have to accept.

1. It is going to take a long time to raise a significant amount of money.

2. We don't have to decide right now what we are going to do with it. The important thing is building up the pot.

3. Regardless what is decided we will not all agree with what it should go towards.

Er…that’s three…🙄

* sorry but couldn’t stop myself…

On 10/25/2021 at 1:52 PM, underdog said:

To have a look at the new website click here

I`ve said it before but I cannot get excited about an organisation that cannot even get basic grammar etc. correct on its official website.

One minute it's "Oldham Athletic Supporters' Foundation" (i.e. with a possessive apostrophe on the plural) - and then shortly afterwards the apostrophe is dropped. Whatever way you want to do it - at least be consistent!

Then it says, "at the heart of it's community" - there should be no apostrophe in "... its community" - that's just from a cursory glance at the site. Sorry but poor once again. If you are going to do something like this then please do it properly.

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

I`ve said it before but I cannot get excited about an organisation that cannot even get basic grammar etc. correct on its official website.

One minute it's "Oldham Athletic Supporters' Foundation" (i.e. with a possessive apostrophe on the plural) - and then shortly afterwards the apostrophe is dropped. Whatever way you want to do it - at least be consistent!

Then it says, "at the heart of it's community" - there should be no apostrophe in "... its community" - that's just from a cursory glance at the site. Sorry but poor once again. If you are going to do something like this then please do it properly.

Pedantic? Moi? 

Must be nothing on the tv this evening…

btw it’s not the sort of website I get excited about… 😉

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

Pedantic? Moi? 

Professional would be good for starters on an official website, don't you think? Don't want the world thinking Oldhamers are a bunch of uneducated, northern, pigeon-racing thickos do we?

7 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Professional would be good for starters on an official website, don't you think? Don't want the world thinking Oldhamers are a bunch of uneducated, northern, pigeon-racing thickos do we?

I'm sorry but the average person doesn't give a fuck about apostrophes, far more important things in life to worry about. 

Website looks good and hopefully it will help generate interest and a bit of momentum.

Being clear and concise is a big help as in the past stuff to do with the Trust always seemed to be full of jargon and relentless acronyms that northern thickos like me didn’t understand.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Kind of you to offer to proof read for OASF. Good we all pitch in and do our bit. It will be appreciated and will only take a tiny amount of your time.

Archived