OASF new website 25.10.21, official launch event on 30.10.21

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

A bit of a stretch

We are going into the abyss with this owner, what happens when the players aren't paid again as he appears not to show any interest in the concerns of fans.

At least they are true fans and trying to raise what may be emergency funds.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

We are going into the abyss with this owner, what happens when the players aren't paid again as he appears not to show any interest in the concerns of fans.

Yes, I know. There's no criticism said or implied. 

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What happens when the fan led group can't pay wages?

19 hours ago, Andy b said:

But there has to be some guiding principles as to what it will be used for. Some parameters linked back to the overall objectives of the trust. Those parameters need to be sufficiently tangible so people can see how their contributions would secure the clubs future. 

it’s all too vague at the moment.

am convinced this fanbase could raise 500k overnight with the right messaging and objectives behind the fund raising effort. Until then, it will take 10 years to get to that point  

£500k over night think your dreaming we barely raised £250k in three months when Moore pulled the plug  and that was with the likes of Big Gordon & Alan Hardy at the club working tirelessly behind the scenes to raise money and coming off a season where we had had a run to the playoffs crowds were double whst they are now  and yhe fanbase was largley United.now we have no such structure at the club as the clowns have gutted it the. fan base is somewhat devided and a lot moor  apathetic and despondent .could you see 10k fans packing boundary park to watch this current shower play a "legends" team again ? To raise the bulk of the £250 k no niether can I.the current fund raising effortt is a start maybe should of been started 10 - 15 years ago and the money ring fenced not wasted on scoreboards or lawn mowers .the alternative is to do nowt and get caught out again .

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

£500k over night think your dreaming we barely raised £250k in three months when Moore pulled the plug  and that was with the likes of Big Gordon & Alan Hardy at the club working tirelessly behind the scenes to raise money and coming off a season where we had had a run to the playoffs crowds were double whst they are now  and yhe fanbase was largley United.now we have no such structure at the club as the clowns have gutted it the. fan base is somewhat devided and a lot moor  apathetic and despondent .could you see 10k fans packing boundary park to watch this current shower play a "legends" team again ? To raise the bulk of the £250 k no niether can I.the current fund raising effortt is a start maybe should of been started 10 - 15 years ago and the money ring fenced not wasted on scoreboards or lawn mowers .the alternative is to do nowt and get caught out again .

You may be right and all good points which highlight the state we are in.

Does feel like we are fighting a losing battle. We are a relic and are being overtaken by more progressive clubs every year. To many, OAFC had its moment in their lives (1990s) and I fear many have made peace with the fact that the club has passed on, thankful that they had some good times. 

however, there does remain a hard core base of fans and arguably in the early noughties there were a lot of casuals going who weren’t really invested. 

the say 4.5k that ‘go’ now (some more than others) are our hardcore. If one in  ten invested 1k each we’d be at 450k. I am sure that’s within the means of our fans if are incentivised to do so.

1 hour ago, Andy b said:

You may be right and all good points which highlight the state we are in.

Does feel like we are fighting a losing battle. We are a relic and are being overtaken by more progressive clubs every year. To many, OAFC had its moment in their lives (1990s) and I fear many have made peace with the fact that the club has passed on, thankful that they had some good times. 

however, there does remain a hard core base of fans and arguably in the early noughties there were a lot of casuals going who weren’t really invested. 

the say 4.5k that ‘go’ now (some more than others) are our hardcore. If one in  ten invested 1k each we’d be at 450k. I am sure that’s within the means of our fans if are incentivised to do so.

There was some large amounts donated by fans at the OASF event on Saturday night, so with more events aimed at not only fans but businesses it could develop into a substantial pot and possibly attract a new owner.

I'd suggest a future race night, I know these can raise £1000s if professionally run. I'm willing to lend my hand if required. 

• Matt unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, mick26 said:

Tracy tweeted last night that she and Mark had resigned "due to difference of opinion in how OASF is being run".

What being run more efficiently, more in line with fans expectations of a Trust and with more of a semblance of a plan?  

If they don't agree with that then all the best, ta-ra

5 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

What being run more efficiently, more in line with fans expectations of a Trust and with more of a semblance of a plan?  

I think the constant bashing of the work done before must begin to grate after a while.

Other than a few surveys and fantasy talk of raising a million quid not sure all that much has changed.

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

pretty niaive is that Chaddy 

Archived