Barry mark II

41 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

It is quite clear that the club does exist, else why would we all be spending our time rightly vilifying AL?

Same point applies to your comment that “the football and the league in which it’s played is complete and utterly irrelevant”. In which case, we may as well wind up the forum and just give up the fight.

As PTB put it in their very first post - our club, OUR club. It won’t die or be a shell as long as people like PTB are around to keep the faith. Sooner or later the Lemsagams will be gone, and we’ll have our club back.

Am intrigued as to why the lemasagams going will see our club return to life. How? It’s really not as simple as you make out.

i wanted corney out for good reason. 

fan control is the only option for me. 

our club literally not just symbolically 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Worcester Owl said:

It is quite clear that the club does exist, else why would we all be spending our time rightly vilifying AL?

Same point applies to your comment that “the football and the league in which it’s played is complete and utterly irrelevant”. In which case, we may as well wind up the forum and just give up the fight.

As PTB put it in their very first post - our club, OUR club. It won’t die or be a shell as long as people like PTB are around to keep the faith. Sooner or later the Lemsagams will be gone, and we’ll have our club back.

I repeat - you may differ on the semantics of the word exists. 

I never said that we (which in effect is the will of people to have some some sort of club) will die, and PTB are fighting for our future not our present- because ultimately they can’t affect a mans decision to sell. The club as it is now is a shell, and it desperately needs to bottom out before we can start again.

Give me a fan club in conference north over this shite any day of the week. 

3 hours ago, Andy b said:

Am intrigued as to why the lemasagams going will see our club return to life. How? It’s really not as simple as you make out.

i wanted corney out for good reason. 

fan control is the only option for me. 

our club literally not just symbolically 

@Andy b I suspect we share very similar hopes and fears.

I would moderate your statement to say 'fan control is the ideal option', which is something along the lines of Bundesliga fifty plus one.

Positive change of ownership presupposes the new owner will share our motives, act altruistically, with deep pockets to fund a comprehensive rebuilding programme.

Fixing decades of neglect is a daunting 'not for profit' dice roll for somebody / a group whom have yet to be identified as willing.

Not to say sticking where we are has merit, it certainly doesn't, if Abdallah doesn't change direction radically, in the next few weeks, we are staring into the abyss of non league.

Clearing EFL loan is the immediate action, this is the prime obstacle.

Note - not fixing the floodlights might also become critical, they are ludicrously ineffective now.

My view is relegation cannot be a positive step, since this makes our club even less attractive.

Relegation or forcing liquidation I see as a nuclear options, once in motion, has an unknown outcome, probably devastating. Some say the new start and rebuilding elsewhere can lead to salvation, could be correct, but the jeopardy is open ended.

As many have commented, some form of phoenix club, away from BP, is a new club claiming lineage to the old club ... my heart will be broken.

36 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

@Andy b I suspect we share very similar hopes and fears.

I would moderate your statement to say 'fan control is the ideal option', which is something along the lines of Bundesliga fifty plus one.

Positive change of ownership presupposes the new owner will share our motives, act altruistically, with deep pockets to fund a comprehensive rebuilding programme.

Fixing decades of neglect is a daunting 'not for profit' dice roll for somebody / a group whom have yet to be identified as willing.

Not to say sticking where we are has merit, it certainly doesn't, if Abdallah doesn't change direction radically, in the next few weeks, we are staring into the abyss of non league.

Clearing EFL loan is the immediate action, this is the prime obstacle.

Note - not fixing the floodlights might also become critical, they are ludicrously ineffective now.

My view is relegation cannot be a positive step, since this makes our club even less attractive.

Relegation or forcing liquidation I see as a nuclear options, once in motion, has an unknown outcome, probably devastating. Some say the new start and rebuilding elsewhere can lead to salvation, could be correct, but the jeopardy is open ended.

As many have commented, some form of phoenix club, away from BP, is a new club claiming lineage to the old club ... my heart will be broken.

Good post. 

I think this reflects where a lot of people are in that, they can see the nuclear option but don’t want it to be true or face the reality. So they understandably cling to the idea it can recused from this very low point. The tragedy is- and I will keep saying this. Things are going to get a lot lot worse. But it’s a necessary evil for us to come again. 

We are on very similar trajectory to Stockport’s demise IMO. They have had years in non league, but crowds are back up to 5k and there is hope again. In the coming years It’s going to take us a similar amount of time  to come back to our current position, because it’s nailed on we are going down. 

• 1 month later...

I don’t know Paul personally and only have a vague recollection of some of the things he has done (or hasn’t) over the past months. I have to say that my own view isn’t that positive, but maybe, just maybe, he thinks he can make a difference, and as has been said many times before, perhaps we shouldn’t be overly critical of people who are prepared to try. Just because his journey seems to mirror a road we have been down before isn’t necessarily a reason to weigh in on him just yet, but I totally agree that it is something that needs careful scrutiny.

I also agree with the Foundation’s stance on the offer for Paul to be their “liaison” with the Club. Our interactions need to be at the highest level, with the people who make the decisions rather than just hope to influence them. This is what was “promised” and I hope that Paul understands that. I also hope that he understands that he has some work to do to earn the trust of many of the fans and the way to do this is to be completely open and transparent (and humble) should he decide to communicate directly with us. Some might say he could learn a lot about how not to act from those who have went before.

20 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

So why would he want to put himself in the firing line to make excuses for these people.

Lots about Latics in recent years that is baffling 

Anyone joining the Board under the current cant be wired up right 

Nothing else makes any sense 

We have fans on the brink of posting dogshit through folks letterboxes its that toxic 

16 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Lots about Latics in recent years that is baffling 

Anyone joining the Board under the current cant be wired up right 

Nothing else makes any sense 

We have fans on the brink of posting dogshit through folks letterboxes its that toxic 

Not the brightest thing to do if we want to keep the media spotlight to shine favourably.

8 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

As each day goes by this move looks more and more grim. Who on earth would want to jump into bed with these? 

62 years of supporting the club and now thinking enough is enough. Never thought I'd say that.

Paul Hughes response to open letters

Seems to want to take credit for opening the North Stand. 

Seems to want to be Abdallah's mouth piece. He has made a call for unity not an unreasonable request but you can't expect unity when you simultaneously banning fans for criticising the club for failing to deliver on its promises.

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Paul Hughes response to open letters

Seems to want to take credit for opening the North Stand. 

Seems to want to be Abdallah's mouth piece. He has made a call for unity not an unreasonable request but you can't expect unity when you simultaneously banning fans for criticising the club for failing to deliver on its promises.

Still only 11,500 in the kitty. That'll do us a week

Archived