Relegation.

A certainty IMO.

The loan won’t be repaid in January. 

We may make a loan signing or two, but nowhere near enough to make a difference. 

We don’t score enough. 

We concede to many. 

Curle won’t change his philosophy

Curle won’t be sacked. (Coaches have gone for doing far better than a Curle by now) 

Mo won’t change. 

Mo won’t be sacked. 

On the plus side- Stockport away will be decent next season. 

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

A certainty IMO.

We may make a loan signing or two, but nowhere near enough to make a difference. 

We don’t score enough. 

We concede to many. 

Curle won’t be sacked. (Coaches have gone for doing far better than a Curle by now) 

Mo won’t change. 

Mo won’t be sacked. 

sorry to disappoint you LOF but I think County may be passing us the other way. 

Agree with all points you raised though   

I don't think it would take us that much to get out of this 3-4 signings even if a couple of them are loans will get us out of this.

Also let's not kid ourselves that going down will be an absolute disaster for us and getting back up will be incredibly difficult to get back up look at the former league clubs down there. Even with new owners it will be very very tough.

Absolutely nailed on !

Have thought it all season and see absolutely no way of avoiding it with the current ALMO/Curle/Players set up.

To make matters worse we are all just arguing with each other constantly as we watch the ship sink.

How very very bloody sad.

The only chance we have is hoping 2 other teams are slightly worse, luckily that could be a reality.

Curle needs to go because he wont change his way or formations to suit this group of players.

A new manager now could lift the players just by way of change and doing things differently.

Will this happen, its anyones guess.

9 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

The only chance we have is hoping 2 other teams are slightly worse, luckily that could be a reality.

Curle needs to go because he wont change his way or formations to suit this group of players.

A new manager now could lift the players just by way of change and doing things differently.

Will this happen, its anyones guess.

Saddly of the two other teams one has already changed manager for an experianced lower league manager who will stengthen wisely in Jan think scunthorpe under keith Hill will slowly pull clear .unless we make a change to a similar manager which we wont untill it's too late we are doomed 

We have to put all our differences to one side and pulled together...that's what foundation of hearts had to overcome....get the nay sayers on board.

Forget what has gone on prior and move forward together. oldham together.

If we don't go down this season and the status quo remains the same, we will be in a worse situation next season.

I was in that meeting with 2 OAFC board directors the other month. I wanted to be convinced they had a say in the owners plan (now overdue)...that they were addressing concerns as directors of a failing business. How they were going to engage with the fanbase and, I was not. It embedded how little input they had TBH.

Our budget is ever decreasing. There is a going concern one person is funding us.

OASF have a strategy, we have launched the 1895 Contingency fund ring-fenced if club, stadium or both become available. Thank you to those who have contributed so far.

Even if you are sceptical or unable to donate regularly, you can join OASF as its FOC or become a volunteer. 

Do not think for one minute you are not valuable....we want all to be part of this journey...to be inclusive.

Our time is now.

5 hours ago, underdog said:

OASF have a strategy, we have launched the 1895 Contingency fund ring-fenced if club, stadium or both become available. Thank you to those who have contributed so far.

The stadium is available is it not? Blitz wants to sell and has agreed a price with the FLG and supposedly AL.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

The stadium is available is it not? Blitz wants to sell and has agreed a price with the FLG and supposedly AL.

I think I said this a few seasons ago now.

If you ask yourself who is open to offers/wants to sell then it's the landlord.

Landlord wants out.

There is a pre-ACV trigger plan. It includes getting a RICS survey, getting hold of SAG stuff and having a 3 year business plan to run BP

Lots of work to do on it

There is a very good article in The Times today about the strength of the National League. It specifically looks at Stockport and their backer who has put infrastructure in place that puts clubs two divisions higher to shame but also features ambitious clubs including Wrexham, Chesterfield, Bromley, Dagenham & Redbridge.,Boreham Wood and Grimsby. 

The point is made that the top half of the league is stronger than the bottom half of L2 which is evidenced by the fact that no promoted team has ever gone straight back down. No point in us sneering at the likes of Harrogate and Sutton when they are way above us in the table. 

As the author said the likes of Stevenage and Scunthorpe stink the league out but survive, largely because a Macclesfield Town, Southend United or Oldham Athletic have been driven into the ground by negligent owners. 

Notts Country had a crowd of 12,843 at the weekend. More than our capacity? 

Make no mistake. If we go down there is a snowball's chance in hell that we'd go back up any time soon. 

AL & Co, for me, have almost completely killed this football club off!!

I lived and breathed Oldham Athletic…I used to plan my holidays around the fixtures, I’d more often than not try to leave work early for midweek away games. I was so looking forward to my impending retirement and cheap ST’s. Now I have retired I’m not even sure I will ever return!!

I honestly can’t remember the last home game I attended but it was certainly pre-Covid. If you asked me who we play next Saturday I wouldn’t have a clue. 

We have the worst squad in living memory, half of which I wouldn’t even recognise if I walked past them in the street. Attendances are at an all time low and the club/fan connection has been totally lost!

It is very sad for me and there must be hundreds of fans in the same predicament. The only thing that could get me back now would be a change of ownership. 

I’ve never been convinced AL bought the club for the right reasons and had the best interests of the club at heart….I’ve said almost from the beginning of this regime that the longer they are here the worse the situation will become.

If we drop into the National League at the end of this season under the current ownership, which looks highly likely, I don’t think the club will ever recover!

*******ABDALLAH OUT..NOW*******

On 11/13/2021 at 6:46 PM, League one forever said:

A certainty IMO.

We don’t score enough. 

We concede to many. 

Mo won’t change. 

Mo won’t be sacked. 

Not when they put a cricket score past us it won't.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:48 AM, underdog said:

We have to put all our differences to one side and pulled together...that's what foundation of hearts had to overcome....get the nay sayers on board.

Forget what has gone on prior and move forward together. oldham together.

If we don't go down this season and the status quo remains the same, we will be in a worse situation next season.

I was in that meeting with 2 OAFC board directors the other month. I wanted to be convinced they had a say in the owners plan (now overdue)...that they were addressing concerns as directors of a failing business. How they were going to engage with the fanbase and, I was not. It embedded how little input they had TBH.

Our budget is ever decreasing. There is a going concern one person is funding us.

Even if you are sceptical or unable to donate regularly, you can join OASF as its FOC or become a volunteer. 

Do not think for one minute you are not valuable....we want all to be part of this journey...to be inclusive.

Our time is now.

You say our time is now, it really isn't! We've got less than £3k raised at the moment. We need in the region of £10 million to buy the ground and club plus approx. £1.5 million to run it for a year. Not sure if you watched the Macclesfield documentary but they have spent £4 million in 12 months and that's in the North West Counties paying players between £150 and £300 a week. Matt said on his podcast today, they spent £4 million and have something to show for it where we don't. I think he's forgot paying players, staff and running costs are much higher at tier3 and 4 rather than tier 10. BP needs millions spending on it and without owning the ground there is no way we can ever be sustainable. The focus should be on getting the ground not the club and then we have a chance. We need a miracle at it stands finding an owner who will take it on in it's current guise.

5 minutes ago, PeteG said:

You say our time is now, it really isn't! We've got less than £3k raised at the moment. We need in the region of £10 million to buy the ground and club plus approx. £1.5 million to run it for a year. Not sure if you watched the Macclesfield documentary but they have spent £4 million in 12 months and that's in the North West Counties paying players between £150 and £300 a week. Matt said on his podcast today, they spent £4 million and have something to show for it where we don't. I think he's forgot paying players, staff and running costs are much higher at tier3 and 4 rather than tier 10. BP needs millions spending on it and without owning the ground there is no way we can ever be sustainable. The focus should be on getting the ground not the club and then we have a chance. We need a miracle at it stands finding an owner who will take it on in it's current guise.

So you are telling me now that the stadium doesn't belong to us and Barry Owen lied?

30 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

So you are telling me now that the stadium doesn't belong to us and Barry Owen lied?

I don't think anyone has ever said the stadium belongs to the club, however, the North Stand might be a different issue!

Archived