Relegation.

3 hours ago, PeteG said:

You say our time is now, it really isn't! We've got less than £3k raised at the moment. We need in the region of £10 million to buy the ground and club plus approx. £1.5 million to run it for a year. Not sure if you watched the Macclesfield documentary but they have spent £4 million in 12 months and that's in the North West Counties paying players between £150 and £300 a week. Matt said on his podcast today, they spent £4 million and have something to show for it where we don't. I think he's forgot paying players, staff and running costs are much higher at tier3 and 4 rather than tier 10. BP needs millions spending on it and without owning the ground there is no way we can ever be sustainable. The focus should be on getting the ground not the club and then we have a chance. We need a miracle at it stands finding an owner who will take it on in it's current guise.

The amount of money the stadium needs spending on it could put any new owner off, and that would be after buying the land as well as the club. The main stand can't be far off being closed for safety reasons. Ideally the Chaddy also needs replacing, which would be difficult with the new houses behind it. and the RRE now needs some attention. All three are very basic stands without decent concourses.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, PeteG said:

You say our time is now, it really isn't! We've got less than £3k raised at the moment. We need in the region of £10 million to buy the ground and club plus approx. £1.5 million to run it for a year. Not sure if you watched the Macclesfield documentary but they have spent £4 million in 12 months and that's in the North West Counties paying players between £150 and £300 a week. Matt said on his podcast today, they spent £4 million and have something to show for it where we don't. I think he's forgot paying players, staff and running costs are much higher at tier3 and 4 rather than tier 10. BP needs millions spending on it and without owning the ground there is no way we can ever be sustainable. The focus should be on getting the ground not the club and then we have a chance. We need a miracle at it stands finding an owner who will take it on in it's current guise.

This is part of the April strategy. Step 2 - planning. To have plan in place A, B, C 

A = Asset, Pre-Acv trigger plan of valuing the asset and having business plans in place to run it. Hence why we are asking for SAG reports - to see if highlighted 2 stands need replacing and when

B = Both

C - Club, As shareholders we are entitled to see full yearly accounts, But they are 12 months out of date. So the monthly FSA key marker questions are there to as if all financial obligations are being met. This includes wages, rent its a current pulse on the club. Last update from supporter rep was circa £2 million to run

This is not going to be easy, but we have made a start to be in a better stronger position than we are.

We started fundraising in May. The lottery has raised nearly £10k net (thanks to Singe & those that play). We have invested and launched pledging direct on the website on 25.10.21 based on foundation of hearts model. We had one fan donating £1.5k, others have started to roll in too - thanks everyone. Currently on website is £11.5k but is due to updated soon. 

We also have been discussing with council and Oldham college a plan that will give us significant funds and will push us through the glass ceiling of league one fan owned club.

It is a start......

We have put on the Fan led review agenda Clubs separated from assets (our chosen topic - how dysfunctional it is), but also golden share for fans and independant financial audit for all EFL clubs

Last November we were advised in a post covid world we are potentially, one of 12 EFL clubs in crisis and could cease to exist.

1 hour ago, underdog said:

This is part of the April strategy. Step 2 - planning. To have plan in place A, B, C 

A = Asset, Pre-Acv trigger plan of valuing the asset and having business plans in place to run it. Hence why we are asking for SAG reports - to see if highlighted 2 stands need replacing and when

B = Both

C - Club, As shareholders we are entitled to see full yearly accounts, But they are 12 months out of date. So the monthly FSA key marker questions are there to as if all financial obligations are being met. This includes wages, rent its a current pulse on the club. Last update from supporter rep was circa £2 million to run

This is not going to be easy, but we have made a start to be in a better stronger position than we are.

We started fundraising in May. The lottery has raised nearly £10k net (thanks to Singe & those that play). We have invested and launched pledging direct on the website on 25.10.21 based on foundation of hearts model. We had one fan donating £1.5k, others have started to roll in too - thanks everyone. Currently on website is £11.5k but is due to updated soon. 

We also have been discussing with council and Oldham college a plan that will give us significant funds and will push us through the glass ceiling of league one fan owned club.

It is a start......

We have put on the Fan led review agenda Clubs separated from assets (our chosen topic - how dysfunctional it is), but also golden share for fans and independant financial audit for all EFL clubs

Last November we were advised in a post covid world we are potentially, one of 12 EFL clubs in crisis and could cease to exist. Of course I expect a reply... because they don't have to do so.

I used to produce large company accounts monthly, why cant a football club do this? It's even easier nowadays with computerisation. Of course I expect a reply...because they don't have to do so.

6 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I used to produce large company accounts monthly, why cant a football club do this? It's even easier nowadays with computerisation. Of course I expect a reply...because they don' have to do so,

Ours probably can’t do it at the moment as we have no accountant and no financial director 

4 hours ago, underdog said:

B = Both

It is a start......

Last November we were advised in a post covid world we are potentially, one of 12 EFL clubs in crisis and could cease to exist.

What happened to the evening with ex players and auctions, has that cash not been put in yet ? 

I think we should all accept that the problem is not Curle but rather the hand he has been dealt.  The best manager in the world would struggle with the players we have.

The problem is our owners and their belief that they know how to make the club successful.  They are holding on to the fiction that you can make money owning a football club.  Putting you wealth into a football club and expecting to get it back is a delusion.

We are not deluded in knowing that dropping out of the football league will be a disaster but that is the course we are on.  Saving our status is not on the cards.  Saving our existence is probably where we are going and probably what we should focus on.

7 hours ago, Hands on said:

Ithink we should all accept that the problem is not Curle but rather the hand he has been dealt.  The best manager in the world would struggle with the players we have.

Nope a better manager whilst they may struggle would play to thier players  strengths not try to force them to play a ridgid formation that clearly isnt working  and select players that are in form that is on him and him only 

9 hours ago, Hands on said:

I think we should all accept that the problem is not Curle but rather the hand he has been dealt.  The best manager in the world would struggle with the players we have.

The problem is our owners and their belief that they know how to make the club successful.  They are holding on to the fiction that you can make money owning a football club.  Putting you wealth into a football club and expecting to get it back is a delusion.

We are not deluded in knowing that dropping out of the football league will be a disaster but that is the course we are on.  Saving our status is not on the cards.  Saving our existence is probably where we are going and probably what we should focus on.

Surely the problem has three constituent parts to it? 

1. The Owners

2. The Manager

3. The Players

It seems to me that all are responsible for where we are at the moment. 

8 hours ago, Hands on said:

I don’t agree and Dunn said the same thing I’m walked shez and saved us. Playing players out of position is not down to the owner playing 5 at the back out of position is all his fault and can be fixed.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

1. The Owners

2. The Manager

3. The Players

Not really.  It's not the players fault that they have been signed by a L2 club despite not being of  that standard.  A recurring theme during the current ownership.

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really.  It's not the players fault that they have been signed by a L2 club despite not being of  that standard.  A recurring theme during the current ownership.

I would argue that an inability to pass, shoot, tackle, control the ball, close the opposition down and maintain a level of consistency is solely down to the players.
I understand that the level of footballer we have on our books is poor but I would argue that they are League 2 standard. The basic skills should be a given at whatever level of the game.
I don’t think that the players should be blameless in this - and they have contributed hugely to our current predicament.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

I would argue that an inability to pass, shoot, tackle, control the ball, close the opposition down and maintain a level of consistency is solely down to the players.
I understand that the level of footballer we have on our books is poor but I would argue that they are League 2 standard. The basic skills should be a given at whatever level of the game.
I don’t think that the players should be blameless in this - and they have contributed hugely to our current predicament.

You see better desire, pressing and closing down in non league and even Sunday league.

Too many of this squad  are a sham.

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

I don’t agree and Dunn said the same thing I’m walked shez and saved us. Playing players out of position is not down to the owner playing 5 at the back out of position is all his fault and can be fixed.

What we mustn't lose sight off is that Shez made 3-4 key signings in January though notably Anthony Gerrard Matty Palmer and Amardi Holloway.

If we want a better/new manager he will want to do the same and if we don't make them then we are going down 

Without those signings it may have been a different story.

If the EFL loan isn’t paid off it will confirm AL has all but bailed out and will have no intention of changing the manager. 

IMO we are going to have to survive in this league with Curle and the players we’ve got and that ain’t very much!

We’ve managed it before a few times but this is different…very different!!

25 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

What we mustn't lose sight off is that Shez made 3-4 key signings in January though notably Anthony Gerrard Matty Palmer and Amardi Holloway.

If we want a better/new manager he will want to do the same and if we don't make them then we are going down 

Without those signings it may have been a different story.

6 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If the EFL loan isn’t paid off it will confirm AL has all but bailed out and will have no intention of changing the manager. 

IMO we are going to have to survive in this league with Curle and the players we’ve got and that ain’t very much!

We’ve managed it before a few times but this is different…very different!!

While under the current embargo @GlossopLaticwe will be unable to sign any half decent players though.

I agree with @oafc1955 - it’s highly probable that we will not be making any ‘key’ signings in January and are stuck with what we’ve got 🙄

33 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

While under the current embargo @GlossopLaticwe will be unable to sign any half decent players though.

I agree with @oafc1955 - it’s highly probable that we will not be making any ‘key’ signings in January and are stuck with what we’ve got 🙄

Which won't be enough as other club's around us will strengthen and we will go down.

4 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

1. The Owners

2. The Manager

3. The Players

Common sense says you are right, of course. However, if you split those 3 constituent parts via a pie chart, by far the biggest slice would be attributable to no.1

After watching most games this season, and as poor as we are as a team, we are poorer as a club.

From the owners down, I have absolutely no doubt that this group of players could be managed better, be it formations or team selections.

As much as other clubs may add players in Jan, those around us wont be picking up any world beaters.

A change in manager is needed for us to install something new and different because not changing anything on that team sheet is whats killing us. 

We may not be able to acquire new players but someone has to acquire some managerial common sense.

27 minutes ago, maximus1267 said:

After watching most games this season, and as poor as we are as a team, we are poorer as a club.

From the owners down, I have absolutely no doubt that this group of players could be managed better, be it formations or team selections.

As much as other clubs may add players in Jan, those around us wont be picking up any world beaters.

A change in manager is needed for us to install something new and different because not changing anything on that team sheet is whats killing us. 

We may not be able to acquire new players but someone has to acquire some managerial common sense.

I agree, KC has to be held accountable for where we are in the league, 3 wins out of 16 games just isn't good enough. I believe the only thing stopping Al and Mo from firing him is money ,I wouldn't have any qualms with Al getting rid of KC tbh ,The players look devoid of any  confidence, playing in a formation that isn't working,  if we keep him in any longer we are in danger of getting left behind at the bottom.. New man in with fresh ideas,I  believe there is enough in this side to be higher up in this league , its Div 2 not the championship 😂

8 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I agree, KC has to be held accountable for where we are in the league, 3 wins out of 16 games just isn't good enough. I believe the only thing stopping Al and Mo from firing him is money ,I wouldn't have any qualms with Al getting rid of KC tbh ,The players look devoid of any  confidence, playing in a formation that isn't working,  if we keep him in any longer we are in danger of getting left behind at the bottom.. New man in with fresh ideas,I  believe there is enough in this side to be higher up in this league , its Div 2 not the championship 😂

I posted on here a while back that I had been informed by a 100 % genuine source that KC was very arrogant and not a very nice man. This came from someone who knew him as a player and as a manager at Carlisle. Now I know just because my source dislikes him as a person that doesnt mean all others feel the same.

But this has me thinking, KC will not budge with his formation, he is still playing a certain player who is either playing out of position or he is just very poor and his thought process seems to temain the same.

Now due to the fact none of this is working with this team, surely it is pur stubborness and arrogance to stand firm when all around him can obvioysly see the failings.

Perhaps my source was correct about KC all along.

But yes I totally agree, someone else could get a tune out of this team, even if its just minimal, that could see us survive.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

I posted on here a while back that I had been informed by a 100 % genuine source that KC was very arrogant and not a very nice man. This came from someone who knew him as a player and as a manager at Carlisle. Now I know just because my source dislikes him as a person that doesnt mean all others feel the same.

But this has me thinking, KC will not budge with his formation, he is still playing a certain player who is either playing out of position or he is just very poor and his thought process seems to temain the same.

Now due to the fact none of this is working with this team, surely it is pur stubborness and arrogance to stand firm when all around him can obvioysly see the failings.

Perhaps my source was correct about KC all along.

But yes I totally agree, someone else could get a tune out of this team, even if its just minimal, that could see us survive.

We only get to see our players for 90 mins on a Saturday or Tuesday, KC and coaching staff are with them all week,  If KC and Co are not seeing that things on the pitch are not working but the fans do we are in trouble.. Imagine actually playing for him, mentally you would stop playing for him, I recognised this on Saturday with the water break in the  2nd half, players look disconnected.. 

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

Dunn was wrong then - it was a pathetic line to try and cover up the fact that he was an arrogant prick who was shite at his job.  If Curle came out with such a thing now, I'd be more than inclined to agree with him.  I've never known it so obvious from the outside looking in that the club is fucked..

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

1. The Owners

2. The Manager

3. The Players

Owners at number 1 and Sporting Director at number 2 and the list can finish there. 

The owners have been a failure since they've been here.  Their "strategy" is the reason why we're in this position.  Force crap players on the manager and piss off fans, players and sponsors alike so no one wants to go near us.  This is stuff that's been ongoing since the start of their tenure and mostly before Curle or the current playing squad (apart from Dylan Fage!) were involved with the club.  Now the Manager and Players are expected to deal with wreckage.  100% the Owners fault - their approach has resulted in one relegation and will inevitably result in another.  Until they're gone, the players and manager are almost irrelevant..

Archived