Relegation.

11 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Not sure where to post this but looking at Stockport tonight makes you realise where we are in the hierarchy. I know it’s a cup game with a full house but your can see their set up is a world away from our ours. Look at the quality of their sponsors for one. 

We are a relic. There are at least 10

teams at tier five which, quite frankly, are better equipped for professional football than us, ready to take our place.

Our position in the football league is not a god given right. Relegation is not a desirable end but you are kidding yourself if you think our recovery will commence from a low of being bottom of the league. Any recovery will need to start from a much lower base. The worst is yet to come 

We had fans saying relegation would be a kick start in 1994

they said it in 1997

they said  it 2009 - 2018

they still think relegation is is the answer in 2021

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Relegation definitely not the answer looking at the stockport/ bolton game !

County have Madden and Quigley upfront , wish we had !!!

We would struggle in that league without new owners prepared to invest

34 minutes ago, rossy52 said:

Relegation definitely not the answer looking at the stockport/ bolton game !

County have Madden and Quigley upfront , wish we had !!!

We would struggle in that league without new owners prepared to invest

2 up front, what a breath of fresh air.

7 hours ago, maximus1267 said:

Relegation is not the answer.

No matter what anyone says.

Very true. Of course it would be a very bad thing for the club to loose access to EFL payments etc. The average home crowd attendance would have to go up by somewhere around 1500 to 2000, just to stay on the same budget we have now.

However unfortunately it may be the only thing which would trigger this Clown to sell.

36 minutes ago, peanuts2 said:

Dont be so sure if its costing him less  (wages etc) he may well hang on comes over as a very stubborn man 

Exactly their is nothing to suggest relegation will force him to sell then again their is nothing to suggest that staying in the football league will make him stay either. 

On 11/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, Pidge said:

Very true. Of course it would be a very bad thing for the club to loose access to EFL payments etc. The average home crowd attendance would have to go up by somewhere around 1500 to 2000, just to stay on the same budget we have now.

However unfortunately it may be the only thing which would trigger this Clown to sell.

Of course it’s not the answer. But it feels almost inevitable at this point. We are stealing a living in league 2. 

Doubt if he would sell then, he would have to pay out less wages while not losing face by keeping the club going.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Doubt if he would sell then, he would have to pay out less wages while not losing face by keeping the club going.

Doubt wages would be much less, whilst ground maintenance, pension fund fees, taxman etc would remain constant, and broadcasting/solidarity payments would drop significantly, as well as income from both home, but also away fans.

💯 

Finally- someone who gets it. 

It’s got nothing to do with wanting relegation or advocating relegation- or saying it’s the answer. 

It’s the only way he will sell. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

💯 

It’s got nothing to do with wanting relegation or advocating relegation- or saying it’s the answer. 

It’s the only way he will sell. 

If someone with more money than sense, which applies to most owners of football clubs TBH, matches his valuation of the club I think he will sell. But as his valuation of the club is going to be a lot more than the club is worth (probably to the tune of a million ladies) unless an Oldham fan gets lucky somehow he’s not selling he club while it is in the league.

5 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

If someone with more money than sense, which applies to most owners of football clubs TBH, matches his valuation of the club I think he will sell. But as his valuation of the club is going to be a lot more than the club is worth (probably to the tune of a million ladies) unless an Oldham fan gets lucky somehow he’s not selling he club while it is in the league.

Absolutely bang on Rude. 

And most can’t see it. 

He wants his money back- so which sane person is giving him 6 million and then Blitz another 6 million. 

Absolutely laughable to think anyone would pay that. 

so the question is- do fans want to survive and exist at the bottom league two and hope this mysterious weird investor who wants to give away 12 million will turn up. 

Or get relegated and hope AL sells- which is far far more likely. 

10 hours ago, League one forever said:

💯 

It’s the only way he will sell

But their is no proof to back this arguement up.

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

But their is no proof to back this arguement up.

Glossop, do you really expect proof when people are giving their opinion about what may happen in the future.

Is it an “argument”?

Obviously the club would better off still in and league with a new owner, but in my opinion AL will just get on with his other business abroad and just let the club struggle unless something changes.  The club is having severe cash flow problems at the moment, I don’t see him sending his money to pay bills.

Suddenly loosing the EFL money would clearly be a change that AL would have to acknowledge in some way. 

6 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Glossop, do you really expect proof when people are giving their opinion about what may happen in the future.

Is it an “argument”?

Obviously the club would better off still in and league with a new owner, but in my opinion AL will just get on with his other business abroad and just let the club struggle unless something changes.  The club is having severe cash flow problems at the moment, I don’t see him sending his money to pay bills.

Suddenly loosing the EFL money would clearly be a change that AL would have to acknowledge in some 

I have my opinons which differ from a few on here regarding the best outcome at the end of this season for us. 

But thats just my opinion based on me thinking going down can't have a good outcome and also based on me being a fan who doesnt want to see a further drop.

I have no proof, evidence or facts that I am thinking correctly, and that also applies to those who feel relegation will force a quicker need to sell.

30 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Is it an “argument”?

Suddenly loosing the EFL money would clearly be a change that AL would have to acknowledge in some way. 

I'd say if you put down an opinion then if you can back it up with evidence/facts then it strengthens the arguement significantly. 

So while I can see the logic that someone would want to sell if we went out of the football league as you have said above.

However correct me if I'm wrong the Owner has not said he will sell if we go down. We are also trying to second guess a man who has spent 4 years making illogical decisions and has a pattern of volatile behaviour and is completely disengaged with the club and its fanbase. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Is it an “argument”?

Just go part time. Problem solved, sort of. 

Archived