MATCH: vs Ipswich Town (H) 16/11/21 #FACup 1st Round Replay πŸ†

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The big question tonight is...

How many Latics staff does it take to change a floodlight bulb?

There were pictures on Twitter showing a crane up the floodlights. I presume that they were replacing dud bulbs.Β 

1 hour ago, Tractors Passing Through said:

Kind of looking forward to this, I mean traditionally F.A. Cup games should be played in the first week of January but when you're outside the top two leagues such as we are it sort of takes the gloss of the competition to some extent.Β  Β  You don't really feel the same vibe or enthusiasm when you're competing before a new year.

Β 

We played Colchester in that EDFL trophy shit a week ago, took a penalty shoot out for us to win and that was at home although Cook did take it seriously and put out a decent team that night.Β  Β  Got held by Oxford in league action at the weekend but it was a goodΒ  0 - 0 with plenty of incidents and talking points.Β  Β  Should have won but we often lack that killer instinct and unable to finish teams off.Β  Β  When it DOES happen we CAN rack up some impressive scores and victories although it occurs less often than we would like.

Β 

Hope Cook puts out another strong side tonight, the F.A. Cup has it's faults but whichever level you're involved in or time of season it comes, it IS only once a year and supposed to be our nations greatest cup showpiece.Β  Β  Β Neither of us will be involved at the later stages going into March / April but for now let's hope for a sporting game later today that people can enjoy.Β  Β  If Oldham win it won't be no surprise, you will have earned it after the first game at Portman Road.

Β 

Show the same fighting spirit for the F.A. Cup like you did in years past particularly with Joe Royle and it should be enough to take you through.Β  Β Hoping that WE make it into the second round though all the same.Β Β 

The FA Cup has been our only ray of light at all in recent years, and as such, I'm at the ground for what will probably be my only game this season.Β 

Β 

We've been in the first round since 1997, and our various non league opponents, and then sometimes playing illustrious Prem teams, have been lots of fun, in what has been a particularly un-fun last twenty five years of league football.

Turnout will be dire but I’m going. I Like a night game and pressure is kind of off as it’s the cup so I won’t have to research national league grounds when we lose like I usually end up doing. 0-2 Ipswich prediction, as they will have learned from first game unlike curle who will try same tactics againΒ 

59 minutes ago, al_bro said:

There were pictures on Twitter showing a crane up the floodlights. I presume that they were replacing dud bulbs.Β 

I need photographic evidence from tonights game.

Β 

Last home game there were 6 bulbs lit on the pylon between the North stand,Β  and the Jimmy Frizzell stand.

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It would be an interesting pie chart to see methinks - responsibility:

Β 

Owners 50%
Manager 30%
Players 20%
Β 

Percentages seem about right to me - What do you reckon?

For me the owners have to be at least 62.5% - and to be fair I would say a slice of pie was stolen via previous ownership too.

12 minutes ago, steveecky said:

Leutwiler definitely no better than most of the recent keepeers. pretty slow getting down and uncomfortable with crossesΒ 

Β 

He's too lacksadasicl for my liking.Β 

Spoiled a good teamΒ  performance.

Pretty good half tbf. Definitely deserve to be leading which makes that goal all the more annoying. Towards the end of the half Ipswich started getting down the sides of us easier. Something to think about with Clarke already booked. Still lack composure at the top end of the pitch and we need to be braver with our play in the final 3rd. But a good opening 45 just let down by the mistake at the back.

Archived