MATCH: vs Ipswich Town (H) 16/11/21 #FACup 1st Round Replay 🏆

13 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

pen????

I could have sworn the commentator on the wireless said it was a penalty? Missus mithered and distracted me, next news play had restarted and we were 1 nil up. Looks on Twitter to see a corner whipped in, then the goal. Confused!! Ah well, it was a goal so I’ll take it 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not totally unexpected though, is it, given the level of competency on show at the club from the top to the bottom. I totally forgot the replay was on tonight and to be honest, I am not arsed by the result as I am completely resigned to the fact of relegation and a continuation of the utter dross being served up by Curle's tactics and the clowns in charge. I now have family members who support Utd, City, Liverpool and Newcastle taking the piss out of me on a daily basis.

Another thing with Curle is he cannot spot what's going wrong earlier enough. I noticed Bahamboula had shot his bolt some 20 minutes before he was subbed, he was a passenger and this gave Ipswich midfield impetus. He also kept his beloved 3 centre backs even after Ipswich had sussed out we weren't covering the flanks.

As for Hope..well.

Disappointing, not because I thought going into the game that we'd win, but because first half we showed we were capable of getting a result. What we did right first half we didn't continue into the 2nd. We lacked the aggression we showed in the first and coupled with a tiring midfield we couldn't hold onto the ball. Ipswich's second was only a matter of time as they had more possession and territory. I think we missed a trick not bringing on another cm for dkd or bamboozler. 

40 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Disappointing, not because I thought going into the game that we'd win, but because first half we showed we were capable of getting a result. What we did right first half we didn't continue into the 2nd. We lacked the aggression we showed in the first and coupled with a tiring midfield we couldn't hold onto the ball. Ipswich's second was only a matter of time as they had more possession and territory. I think we missed a trick not bringing on another cm for dkd or bamboozler. 

Yet another who saw it, but not Curle.

Mind you he can't legislate for the keepers blunder which took the wind out of our sails.

1 minute ago, kev1970 said:

Looked good first half shocking goalkeeping error for first then watches as he puts second into top corner.

Why no Vaughan he would have run at them for sure

Maybe because Vaughan has a big FA youth cup game at Bradford tomorrow.

Archived