Further £20m from Prem for L1 & L2

8 minutes ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How do we feel about this? For those trying to starve the Lemmies of any more pennies - I guess it’s bad news? 

And will we even be eligible for the cash if we’re still under embargo for over borrowing from the EFL emergency fund?

£20,000,000 equally divided by 48 across all the clubs in Leagues 1 and 2, is £416,666.67 each. I don’t think that covers our loan (although it might be close).

Thats if it is equally divided, I would imagine League 1 will get more than 50% of the pot, because that’s the way the EFL work. It’s probably right that they do but I can’t see the split being anything more than 60:40.

Now that the COVID-19 pandemic seems to be worsening again it may also be a way for the Premier League to contribute to the additional costs associated, like regular testing, which would be in their interests. The Premier League has never struck me as being so altruistic that it will give Leagues 1 and 2 £20million for no reason. There will be a reason for it, but we may not be aware of it yet.

1 hour ago, Sloshed Joe said:

How do we feel about this? For those trying to starve the Lemmies of any more pennies - I guess it’s bad news? 

And will we even be eligible for the cash if we’re still under embargo for over borrowing from the EFL emergency fund?

If the club takes the money and doesn't pay off the embargo it will be scandalous.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

We have a plan to repay the loan in place I imagine that will stay the same it depends if we want to sign players in January if so which we should if we want to stay up then we should pay the loan off straight away.

Imagine and AL don't work I'm afraid. I imagined his 3 year plan would have been revealed weeks ago.

Archived