MATCH: vs Port Vale (H) 20/11/21

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Managers are idolised by fans when doing well, but the opposite when not. Happens at  every club. Take the rough with the smooth is the saying I think.

Most managers at other clubs are given a fighting chance by the owners, I would hazard a guess that KC doesn't fall into this category. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Looking where Fane ended up that doesn't sound encouraging, despite dome of the bizarre predictionsmade about him early doors by some. I've seen Cisse once and whike he looks like he can put in a tackle his footballing ability is limited at best. I saw lads playing 6th tier South today would probably be technically  better than him.

It isn't. Fane was a destructive tackler. Used his size well his footballing ability wasn't brilliant.. 

Cisse isn't even that good in the tackle his passing in the of 4 games I've seen him in is very poor and positional he's terrible. At one point he was marking the ref. Doesn't win anything in the air. I'm hoping its inuuries still having to settle into the team but he looks poor player at the moment. 

3 hours ago, bluehobbit said:

It isn't. Fane was a destructive tackler. Used his size well his footballing ability wasn't brilliant.. 

Cisse isn't even that good in the tackle his passing in the of 4 games I've seen him in is very poor and positional he's terrible. At one point he was marking the ref. Doesn't win anything in the air. I'm hoping its inuuries still having to settle into the team but he looks poor player at the moment. 

Given some of the refs we've had, probably a good ploy to be fair.

Most of the crap that has been happening this season is not the managers fault.

He has probably got one of the toughest jobs in football, so the constant abuse, and bickering from fans is cruel.

Maybe some fans have given up on him, but after yesterdays result, and the manner in which it was achieved, the players certainly haven't .

6 hours ago, JoeP said:

The difference there is the abuse you're getting is really directed at the organisation you work for, rather than you. 

Ah I’ll let the lads to bare that in mind when they are getting called “useless cunts” 

What an absolutely ridiculous statement 

8 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Ah I’ll let the lads to bare that in mind when they are getting called “useless cunts” 

What an absolutely ridiculous statement 

You get called "useless cunts"??  Seems harsh. Are you tarmacking the lakes over or something??

You should get your company to send you all on a Hostile Situations course. And it's not a ridiculous statement.  The members of the public are taking out on you because you're there in front of them, but unless it was you personally who decided to do whatever it is you're doing, it's not you they've really got the problem with - it's the organisation.

18 minutes ago, JoeP said:

You get called "useless cunts"??  Seems harsh. Are you tarmacking the lakes over or something??

You should get your company to send you all on a Hostile Situations course. And it's not a ridiculous statement.  The members of the public are taking out on you because you're there in front of them, but unless it was you personally who decided to do whatever it is you're doing, it's not you they've really got the problem with - it's the organisation.

Im more than used to hostile situations  - 50,000 angry Glasgow Rangers fans in 2008 in a previous life helped that.

and no we aren’t tarmacing it  - we aren’t even wrecking the place - like I said we are improving flood defences but someone being held up for 10 minutes on their way to the bakery is the end of the world to some 

I just don’t think saying “it’s the organisation” means people should take personal abuse 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Im more than used to hostile situations  - 50,000 angry Glasgow Rangers fans in 2008 in a previous life helped that.

and no we aren’t tarmacing it  - we aren’t even wrecking the place - like I said we are improving flood defences but someone being held up for 10 minutes on their way to the bakery is the end of the world to some 

I just don’t think saying “it’s the organisation” means people should take personal abuse 

I wouldn't give a second's thought to what anyone like that thinks of me.

People shouldn't take personal abuse on the organisation's behalf, but the abusers don't think like that - you've got to shrug your shoulders and wonder if you really care what the abuser thinks.

The difference with the Curle situation is that we are all supposed to be on the same side as him with regards to Latics.  His Saturday morning line were misjudged - he's got to give us something to get us going, but that just hasn't happened and people have a right to have a go at him.  But he's got a tough job, has taken the abuse where it's due and in my opinion is allowed to give it back when he gets it right.

I don't mind it, to be honest - shows passion...

12 hours ago, Pidge said:

There aren’t many jobs were you can swear at the customers and expect to keep your job.  

He can swear at fans all day long for me. Fans can also point out that his tactics are shite. He's the one telling Whelan and Bowden to never cross the halfway line for the majority of most games. If he isn't then he should get stick for piss poor management. Either way, he's responsible for how he sets the team up. Has everyone forgotten Hallam Hope at RB?

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He can swear at fans all day long for me. Fans can also point out that his tactics are shite. He's the one telling Whelan and Bowden to never cross the halfway line for the majority of most games. If he isn't then he should get stick for piss poor management. Either way, he's responsible for how he sets the team up. Has everyone forgotten Hallam Hope at RB?

It's possible fans shouting at the team being outmuscled might have had the effect of sending Pidge up front and Hart taking it upon himself to change the game?

4 hours ago, kev1970 said:

Onto Salford Saturday has it sold out ?

550 left after ST sales I heard. Got mine on general sale earlier, and saw a few others on social media had done the same, so presumably 200-300 left. Will be piss poor if we don’t sell out this one, just shows the times we are in as a club. Being a non ST holder this was one of the games along with Harrogate I thought I may struggle with. 

4 hours ago, daniel said:

550 left after ST sales I heard. Got mine on general sale earlier, and saw a few others on social media had done the same, so presumably 200-300 left. Will be piss poor if we don’t sell out this one, just shows the times we are in as a club. Being a non ST holder this was one of the games along with Harrogate I thought I may struggle with. 

You maybe one of the lucky ones says sold out on the ticket master...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

It has sold out. 👍

Not in the home ends it hasn’t but last time we played with fans they said it was sold out when it clearly wasn’t. So if you are risking the home ends I’d get a ticket PDQ.

They look to have a similar system to us in terms of mobile and online tickets which may make it easier.

*Disclaimer* Going into the home ends as an away fan is not something I’d condone, especially as it is probably a criminal offence.

9 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Not in the home ends it hasn’t but last time we played with fans they said it was sold out when it clearly wasn’t. So if you are risking the home ends I’d get a ticket PDQ.

They look to have a similar system to us in terms of mobile and online tickets which may make it easier.

*Disclaimer* Going into the home ends as an away fan is not something I’d condone, especially as it is probably a criminal offence.

its definitely not 

• Bender unfeatured this topic

Archived