Improvements to Boundary Park

I read on the Port Vale forum a comment about how run down our ground is and that any club owner should be ashamed of how it all comes across. There must be loads of simple and cheap things the club could and should do to improve ‘the matchday experience’.
Maybe we should give the club a list via this forum. Simple,cheap, effective and easy:

1) Get some damn soap in the soap dispensers. JR stand and both dispensers bone dry, unbelievable in this day and age and so easy to fix and so put right a terrible impression. COVID is still out there for God’s sake never mind basic cleanliness!!!!

Any other quick fixes?

• Stainrod changed the title to Improvements to Boundary Park
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I read on the Port Vale forum a comment about how run down our ground is and that any club owner should be ashamed of how it all comes across. There must be loads of simple and cheap things the club could and should do to improve ‘the matchday experience’.
Maybe we should give the club a list via this forum. Simple,cheap, effective and easy:

1) Get some damn soap in the soap dispensers. JR stand and both dispensers bone dry, unbelievable in this day and age and so easy to fix and so put right a terrible impression. COVID is still out there for God’s sake never mind basic cleanliness!!!!

Any other quick fixes?

Also no paper in the dispensers after washing your hands.

Of course the clubs directors never use these facilities, so couldn't care less.

No wonder fans  alienate them.

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

1) Get some damn soap in the soap dispensers. JR and stand both dispensers bone dry, unbelievable in this day and age and so easy to fix and so put right a terrible impression. COVID is still out there for God’s sake never mind basic cleanliness!!!!

Any other quick fixes?

I’d add ensuring there are ways to dry your hands after washing them, the RRE side MSL loos had no towels at the end of the game (and no air dryer but you don’t need both) and the soap dispensers we’re running very low. Then again a number of blokes didn’t wash their hands, so that’s not something that will be missed by all. The MSU loos were well stocked with soap and an air dryer, so that’s something. 

The forum has already covered the lighting in the car park very recently. Someone is going to have a serious accident one of these days, especially in the wet. 3/4 floodlights need updating (that may help with lighting the car park too). But there was also a big light out in the JR stand, and it was one that was close to being over where the two entrances (Chaddy end side) are, so another issue. 

Presumably Brassbank still own the undeveloped land around the back of the new houses at the back of the Chaddy as that area is a mess too, one the PV vans will have walked across as it’s a shortcut between the Clayton Green and the Chaddy end / car park. PV fans won’t all be aware of the ownership of that area so may associate it with the club as opposed to the proper owners.

The Chaddy End was in a state of disrepair the last time home fans were in it, so I’d imagine it’s only got worse.

Some bloke (who wasn’t a big bloke) “broke” his seat in the main stand yesterday but was able to mend it. I’d guess some of the seats in the Chaddy End have similar issues to those that were on social media in the RRE. 

PS the only way COVID-19 is going away is if people get fully vaccinated, wear masks (properly) and isolate when required. As that is not going to happen in this country, it won’t ever go away. 

18 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Any other quick fixes?

I suggested this about ten years ago, when the club did a survey and the next home game they had soap dispensers in the toilets!

Other ideas:

- fix any broken toilets

- create a smoking area, for those who are inclined. Just a small, railed off area outside the exit gate.  The kind of set-up Bristol City and Coventry have.  Hate smoking personally, but it would avoid stewards telling grown-ups to stop smoking when they try to have a sneaky one out the back of the RRE.

Euro-millions win and club purchasing pending, I'm going to put a roof over the concourse at the back of the RRE with TVs, etc.  and a whole new roof on the Chaddy (with the TVs and covered concourse) with a set-up where there's no pillars blocking the view of the match!

Perhaps the owners/ Directors should look at other clubs:

Exeter - Warm/Hot water in the toilets - paper towel dispenser, with towels - soap dispenser with soap - and well cleaned.

A club "ambassador" to meet and greet away fans - telling them about the ground, which turnstiles to use - where to drink - (most Tics already knew that one).

Free tea / coffee for the first 50 away fans in the ground. Signs around the away end thanking the Oldham fans for doing the 500 mile round trip.

Stewards who were not trained members of the SS - who thanked us for turning up and wished us a safe trip home

It's not always about the facilities and the ground - it's how the club deal with supporters both home and away!

Little things are noticed by fans and make an impression...........:OASISscarf:

Nothing to do with the club being broke.

It’s down to blitz and his puppet Brooke. It’s his asset. 

They can’t even be arsed to hire a strimmer to tidy up the green bits or spend a few hundred quid to put some cheap gravel down in the pot holes. They definitely arent going to provide soap or paper towels.

Blitz is a cancer to this club and Brooke is a rank amateur that couldn’t run a sweet shop (literally). 

Not a "quick and cheap" fix but when they do finally have to demolish the Main Stand, don't bother re-building it as a seated stand. Make the full length a standing paddock with first class facilities at either end/the rear.

44 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

PS the only way COVID-19 is going away is if people get fully vaccinated, wear masks (properly) and isolate when required. As that is not going to happen in this country, it won’t ever go away. 

Vaccination doesn't stop the spread of, or catching of COVID as you should know. See Gibraltar with its 99%+ vaccination rate as proof. 

But yes the ground is a shit hole

51 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Surprising post. Its a virus that will be endemic globally. It’s not going anywhere regardless of what the population of the U.K. do. 

6 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Not a "quick and cheap" fix but when they do finally have to demolish the Main Stand, don't bother re-building it as a seated stand. Make the full length a standing paddock with first class facilities at either end/the rear.

Meanwhile. In the real world... 

When I worked at the college, I used my contacts there on behalf of OASF to get the construction department involved. The college are always looking for hands on,  an actual site experience. P&D, plumbers etc. Think Neil joy was CEO at the time. 

It branched off into the media students doing goal of the month filming for the club website.

Before I left I was looking at them being involved again as they has launched landscaping and horticulture...think outside of the ground, art team on getting some murials done inside too

Unsure of the college/club relationship anymore though. 

Just a thought

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Vaccination doesn't stop the spread of, or catching of COVID as you should know. See Gibraltar with its 99%+ vaccination rate as proof. 

But yes the ground is a shit hole

1 hour ago, kowenicki said:

Surprising post. Its a virus that will be endemic globally. It’s not going anywhere regardless of what the population of the U.K. do. 

1 hour ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Surprising or just an outright false statement 🤣

I'm going to reply to all of these later. But unless you have a university qualification in a relevant topic your knowledge of an Infectious Disease is not going to top mine no matter how long you spent "doing your research online". 

Zero COVID is an achievable target. 

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I’d be all for a standing paddock under a seated upper tier in the main stand. Although a few ST-holders probably wouldn’t be pleased and would need moving. 

In an ideal world rail seated areas should be looked at as a way to create a better atmosphere, but until then we should probably concentrate on getting hand towels and soap in the bogs.

I wish they’d open the concourses again in Main Stand Lower, it pisses me off I have to go upstairs to get a drink, and lots of old people cannot manage all those steps to get to the top, so have no facilities as such. 
The whole ground is a disaster.

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

I'm going to reply to all of these later. But unless you have a university qualification in a relevant topic your knowledge of an Infectious Disease is not going to top mine no matter how long you spent "doing your research online". 

Zero COVID is an achievable 

Unilaterally?  Don’t be ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, rudemedic said:

Zero COVID is an achievable target. 

Scientists slightly more qualified than you are saying the same thing. If zero covid is achievable, why isn't zero flu achievable?

Archived