Improvements to Boundary Park

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Hear enough about Covid elsewhere. I come on here to read/discuss Latics, not your opinions on public health and pandemics.

Why no mention of Brexit? Coincidence that we've been shit since the referendum? 

I think the ground has been a shithole for decades, only way back then, many other grounds were in the same state. Technology in construction and communications has come on in leaps and bounds, some clubs were savvy enough to get in on the ground floor, some preferred to retain their 'dinosaur' status. Unfortunately, Oldham Athletic opted for the latter.

I understand that financial circumstance plays a huge part, however, I know people who have, in the past, got the knockback when approaching Latics with offers of assistance or creative ideas with achieving a consistent presence and identity through publicity and signage etc. Just one aspect of how not to run a community club and the current incumbents have taken incompetency across all aspects to a new depth of shite.

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Not a "quick and cheap" fix but when they do finally have to demolish the Main Stand, don't bother re-building it as a seated stand. Make the full length a standing paddock with first class facilities at either end/the rear.

And bollocks to the old codgers ( like me ) that physically cannot stand for over 2 hours. !!!!

48 minutes ago, Wardie said:

I think the ground has been a shithole for decades, only way back then, many other grounds were in the same state. Technology in construction and communications has come on in leaps and bounds, some clubs were savvy enough to get in on the ground floor, some preferred to retain their 'dinosaur' status. Unfortunately, Oldham Athletic opted for the latter.

I understand that financial circumstance plays a huge part, however, I know people who have, in the past, got the knockback when approaching Latics with offers of assistance or creative ideas with achieving a consistent presence and identity through publicity and signage etc. Just one aspect of how not to run a community club and the current incumbents have taken incompetency across all aspects to a new depth of shite.

To be fair the condition of the ground is principally down to our last owners 

Split ownership of club and ground shouldnt preclude action to remediate the safety issues mentioned here.

Maybe the fractured relationship and woeful communication between all parties is blocking vital improvement.

Employees of the club are also potentially at risk here, which offers up the obvious avenues for complaint.

Anyone having to walk from JRS carpark past JFS will say slips, trips and falls are more than likely.

The lighting is notably terrible, inside and out, the floodlights are NOT fixed.

The landlord (Brass Bank) has a duty of care at all times, the Club also seem to carry liability on matchday between certain times, dont understand exactly how this liability is attributed.

Perhaps we are relying on the Club to challenge Brass Bank in regard to provision of safe access, egress and basic amenities, but surely this is on the OASF agenda?

15 minutes ago, Mayfield said:

Split ownership of club and ground shouldnt preclude action to remediate the safety issues mentioned here.

Maybe the fractured relationship and woeful communication between all parties is blocking vital improvement.

Employees of the club are also potentially at risk here, which offers up the obvious avenues for complaint.

Anyone having to walk from JRS carpark past JFS will say slips, trips and falls are more than likely.

The lighting is notably terrible, inside and out, the floodlights are NOT fixed.

The landlord (Brass Bank) has a duty of care at all times, the Club also seem to carry liability on matchday between certain times, dont understand exactly how this liability is attributed.

Perhaps we are relying on the Club to challenge Brass Bank in regard to provision of safe access, egress and basic amenities, but surely this is on the OASF agenda?

Agreed but as has been said, the club is now run by amateurs and apprentices day to day 

it will take an accident and a significant claim for either the club or that fat money grabbing asset stripping bastard Blitz to even become aware of their duties 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:46 AM, rudemedic said:

I’d add ensuring there are ways to dry your hands after washing them, the RRE side MSL loos had no towels at the end of the game (and no air dryer but you don’t need both) and the soap dispensers we’re running very low. Then again a number of blokes didn’t wash their hands, so that’s not something that will be missed by all. The MSU loos were well stocked with soap and an air dryer, so that’s something. 

The forum has already covered the lighting in the car park very recently. Someone is going to have a serious accident one of these days, especially in the wet. 3/4 floodlights need updating (that may help with lighting the car park too). But there was also a big light out in the JR stand, and it was one that was close to being over where the two entrances (Chaddy end side) are, so another issue. 

Presumably Brassbank still own the undeveloped land around the back of the new houses at the back of the Chaddy as that area is a mess too, one the PV vans will have walked across as it’s a shortcut between the Clayton Green and the Chaddy end / car park. PV fans won’t all be aware of the ownership of that area so may associate it with the club as opposed to the proper owners.

The Chaddy End was in a state of disrepair the last time home fans were in it, so I’d imagine it’s only got worse.

Some bloke (who wasn’t a big bloke) “broke” his seat in the main stand yesterday but was able to mend it. I’d guess some of the seats in the Chaddy End have similar issues to those that were on social media in the RRE. 

PS the only way COVID-19 is going away is if people get fully vaccinated, wear masks (properly) and isolate when required. As that is not going to happen in this country, it won’t ever go away. 

Rather not wash my hands than be near to an operating air dryer 🤮

The split ownership will likely mean nothing get done until that all sorted. Having said that it is run down it is still a really good, now old fashioned style football ground. The floodlights themselves, without full set of bulbs are still awesome. Will take a fair bit to sort out but with safe standing coming back would be nice to have main stand lower and Chaddy end day back to standing terraces if any work is done. Certainly prefer that to moving to a sole less bowl like donny or the new yorkfc ground 

On 11/21/2021 at 9:56 AM, Millibob said:

Perhaps the owners/ Directors should look at other clubs:

Exeter - Warm/Hot water in the toilets - paper towel dispenser, with towels - soap dispenser with soap - and well cleaned.

A club "ambassador" to meet and greet away fans - telling them about the ground, which turnstiles to use - where to drink - (most Tics already knew that one).

Free tea / coffee for the first 50 away fans in the ground. Signs around the away end thanking the Oldham fans for doing the 500 mile round trip.

Stewards who were not trained members of the SS - who thanked us for turning up and wished us a safe trip home

It's not always about the facilities and the ground - it's how the club deal with supporters both home and away!

Little things are noticed by fans and make an impression...........:OASISscarf:

Millibob

Best 'fan friendly' post I have read for quite some time

Supporters really do notice

Always remember we went to Maidstone in the FA Cup (think Dec 18) on a coach full of the usual suspects

Got in the ground and an old fella welcomed us, advised us where the refreshment bar was and the toilets, then said he hoped we enjoyed the game

After the game which we won 0-2, he came on the coach, thanked us for travelling down and wished us a safe journey home

Nothing has ever come close to that old fella

I even wrote to Maidstone telling them what a change it was to be treated decently

58 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Millibob

Always remember we went to Maidstone in the FA Cup (think Dec 18) on a coach full of the usual suspects

Got in the ground and an old fella welcomed us, advised us where the refreshment bar was and the toilets, then said he hoped we enjoyed the game

After the game which we won 0-2, he came on the coach, thanked us for travelling down and wished us a safe journey home

I even wrote to Maidstone telling them what a change it was to be treated decently

I agree with what you say 100% -I was at Maidstone, the lady in the food kiosk said to us - we don't normally do gravy with the pies but as you come from the North of England we have put some on for you!!.

I remember the steward too - what a cracking day out - Like you I wrote to Maidstone to congratulate them on their fantastic organisation - and wished them all the best for the rest of the season. (I wrote to Exeter as well a couple of weeks ago).

As you say it's the little things that matter - something our owner / Directors / Staff could do with thinking about...........................:peepwall:

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Millibob

Remember it well TGWB, it really is a completely different story in the non league when it comes to fan experience. 

Have done maybe 20-25 non-league grounds for the first time this season and all without fail put Latics to shame for the welcome and often basic facilities available to supporters. Hot water seems to be readily available at many clubs and the catering facilities at many really do put EFL clubs to shame      

1 hour ago, Millibob said:

I agree with what you say 100% -I was at Maidstone, the lady in the food kiosk said to us - we don't normally do gravy with the pies but as you come from the North of England we have put some on for you!!.

I remember the steward too - what a cracking day out - Like you I wrote to Maidstone to congratulate them on their fantastic organisation - and wished them all the best for the rest of the season. (I wrote to Exeter as well a couple of weeks ago).

As you say it's the little things that matter - something our owner / Directors / Staff could do with thinking about...........................:peepwall:

forgot the gravy bit 

I mean,  a pie without gravy should be weird anywhere in this land 

Dont even have hot water our lot !

On 11/21/2021 at 6:39 PM, 100milesaway said:

And bollocks to the old codgers ( like me ) that physically cannot stand for over 2 hours. !!!!

There would be thousands of other seats in the ground 100miles?

My thinking was based on a) lower construction cost - as well as the logistical nightmare of constructing a new, seated stand by the public road/residential area on that side and b) creating some atmosphere within a stadium quieter than Chaddy Cemetery.

What struck me most of all when I went to FC Isle of Man recently was the clear and crisp PA system. A basic necessity to get your messages accross to the fans but it's many many years since I've been able to decipher the kerfuffle that erupts at BP. 😒

The addition of Mexican food as well as burgers/hotdogs etc looked a tasty option. But alas, no pies(not as I could see anyway).

3 minutes ago, redlion said:

What struck me most of all when I went to FC Isle of Man recently was the clear and crisp PA system. A basic necessity to get your messages accross to the fans but it's many many years since I've been able to decipher the kerfuffle that erupts at BP. 😒

Ah well - in the North Stand - the P A system is not working - it's a blessing as we don't have to listen to some of the crap that,s given out.

Something else that needs fixing though!!

3 minutes ago, Millibob said:

Ah well - in the North Stand - the P A system is not working - it's a blessing as we don't have to listen to some of the crap that,s given out.

Apart from on Saturday when an announcement was made about a car, it  came blasting through then. 

15 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Apart from on Saturday when an announcement was made about a car, it  came blasting through then. 

Ah yes, but we don't get all that "yagga dagga ding dong music" and "boom boom shake the room" music - although I do miss Mouldy Old Dough!

37 minutes ago, Millibob said:

The only thing that works properly is those advertising boards..I wonder why?

Archived