Improvements to Boundary Park

On 11/21/2021 at 12:40 PM, ShireBlue said:

I’d be all for a standing paddock under a seated upper tier in the main stand. Although a few ST-holders probably wouldn’t be pleased and would need moving. 

In an ideal world rail seated areas should be looked at as a way to create a better atmosphere, but until then we should probably concentrate on getting hand towels and soap in the bogs.

now and again I ask myself what I would do at latics if I won an obsence amount of money on the euro millions and that's pretty much how I'd redeveloped the main stand, I'd remove the portacabin bar and extend the stand so it ran the full length of the pitch upper would be seated and the lower would be a rail seat/ safe standing paddock.. the concourse would be accessible by both upper and lower with plenty of kiosks to make sure everyone is very well lubricated 😉

I'd also want to keep the changing rooms, tunnel and dugout where they are but bring it up them up to scratch.. I like the idea of drawing a bigger team in the cup and them coming out of the tunnel inbetween two paddocks full of beer monsters singing along to "we are the boys in blue" and "mouldy old dough"

We've obviously strayed away from the cheap fix list this post was intended for but the car park is a compensation claim waiting to happen its needs fixing before someone gets hurt. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

now and again I ask myself what I would do at latics if I won an obsence amount of money on the euro millions and that's pretty much how I'd redeveloped the main stand, I'd remove the portacabin bar and extend the stand so it ran the full length of the pitch upper would be seated and the lower would be a rail seat/ safe standing paddock.. the concourse would be accessible by both upper and lower with plenty of kiosks to make sure everyone is very well lubricated 😉

I'd also want to keep the changing rooms, tunnel and dugout where they are but bring it up them up to scratch.. I like the idea of drawing a bigger team in the cup and them coming out of the tunnel inbetween two paddocks full of beer monsters singing along to "we are the boys in blue" and "mouldy old dough"

We've obviously strayed away from the cheap fix list this post was intended for but the car park is a compensation claim waiting to happen its needs fixing before someone gets hurt. 

If I won the lottery I would buy the club and build a new stadium nearer to my house in Rochdale. 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

This thread reminds me of the spoof headline after the tremors caused by the fracking operations on the Fylde:

Earthquake near Blackpool causes millions of pounds worth of improvements'...

Theres been enough upheaval at this club as it is.

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Why was no walking fan route created from the houses at the side of the Chaddy Road stand to the North Stand?

There is one, but it is in as much disrepair as the way round the back of the RRE, but is a bit flatter.

People talk about the mud slope at the RRE end and now the bad state of access between the Chaddy and JR stand. The club isn't responsible for this, it's Blitz who owns it and he won't spend the money on what to him are minor issues, which won't benefit him

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

People talk about the mud slope at the RRE end and now the bad state of access between the Chaddy and JR stand. The club isn't responsible for this, it's Blitz who owns it and he won't spend the money on what to him are minor issues, which won't benefit him

He will if he receives a massive injury claim and the resulting bad publicity.

1 hour ago, al_bro said:

Fact? 

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Yes, I'm sure someone has but I don't know who. Which is why I asked the poster if what he said was a fact. 

You'd think someone at the OASF would know, maybe they will see and reply to this request?

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Can't see anything in their objectives that  makes it their job. It would be for the SLO if we had one. 

We are required to have a SLO, I think by the FA, but UEFA have it in their charter too. 

We may not officially have one but someone will need to be acting in that role. 

14 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

We are required to have a SLO, I think by the FA, but UEFA have it in their charter too. 

We may not officially have one but someone will need to be acting in that role. 

Maybe do but there's not much point having one if they are invisible 

24 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

No they don’t - the position is vacant. The current OASF board don’t seem interested in it and I don’t blame them 

Its ridiculous they haven't taken up the position, no wonder we haven't a clue what goes on inside the club.

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Its ridiculous they haven't taken up the position, no wonder we haven't a clue what goes on inside the club.

Its not exactly served us well in the past has it?

the previous 4 incumbents all used it to feather their own nests to varying degrees and all ended up well and truly in bed with the club

the current trust aren’t like that and the club know it and know they hate the owner and his cronies so they’d only be even more secretive and distant 

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Its not exactly served us well in the past has it?

the previous 4 incumbents all used it to feather their own nests to varying degrees and all ended up well and truly in bed with the club

the current trust aren’t like that and the club know it and know they hate the owner and his cronies so they’d only be even more secretive and distant 

More reason to make it hard from the inside.

Archived