MATCH: vs Northampton Town (A) 23/11/21

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

No shocks here. There was absolutely nothing in Saturday's performance to suggest we would turn it around. Saturday was a fluke, a big one at that. This team is hopeless. They haven't managed to string any passes together since we lost to Bradford in August. 

But on the plus some how there are two worse teams !

HT.  Keith Curle having a casual chat on the side line ignoring the players as they trudge slowly off. He’s the last person to leave the pitch. Why wasn’t he already waiting in the dressing room ready to inspire, tweak, instruct and correct during a crucial half time team talk…? Who am I kidding!? Does he even care? Do any of them care? Do they fuck. 

Where do you start  with that. Absolutely the worst half in a long time  cisse at 10  not worked  Keillor Dunn worst passer of a football I’ve seen   Couto out of his depth   Bowden and whelan get brushed aside  so easily only one man to blame for this and that’s the manager  he needs to go. He will bring hope the headless chicken on to run around  and do nothing as per usual  I’m not watching 2nd half  

2 minutes ago, Emcee_Latic said:

Hart, possibly?

He's a fullback, not a centre or wing back.

Curle keeps saying he is open to change, but won't change his formation no matter how many times we lose.

I said in a post after Saturdays match when we were outplayed for 80 minutes I still have major doubts, tonight shows that.

However, if he does change things as he must I will give him some credit.

We hoped for some continuity from Saturday, not expecting the players to have become better than they are, just to play with the same spirit.

Midfield very poor but Ouss Cisse isnt the weakest of the five, but is singled out unfairly, actually looks better than Saturday and able to link up with the forwards.

If DKD isnt at his best, we just dont have any dynamic threat, just Zak feeding off scraps.

Need to make changes but I imagine Keith is fearing a thrashing if we chase the game.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Curle keeps saying he is open to change, but won't change his formation no matter how many times we lose.

I said in a post after Saturdays match when we were outplayed for 80 minutes I still have major doubts, tonight shows that.

Now playing 4-4-2

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Totally agree, I hate this 3 at the back. Looks like he might have gone to 4 for the second half.

11 minutes ago, Handsy said:

Where do you start  with that. Absolutely the worst half in a long time  cisse at 10  not worked  Keillor Dunn worst passer of a football I’ve seen   Couto out of his depth   Bowden and whelan get brushed aside  so easily only one man to blame for this and that’s the manager  he needs to go. He will bring hope the headless chicken on to run around  and do nothing as per usual  I’m not watching 2nd half  

a defensive midfielder playing as 10? Surely that was a typo? 

Archived