Curle Gone

4 minutes ago, redlion said:

Radio Manchester just reported Andy Ritchie the fans favourite as coming in ??????????????????

Normally I'd be very happy with that, but after the last four years I can't help but think that we'd be tarnishing the name of another former great.

That said I have no idea who should be appointed anymore.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Probably more like he’s coming into the studio to talk about it…

Yeah you're probably right. I was driving at the time and only half listening. Sorry for getting your hopes up folks.

Edit: Plus I did suffer an incredible burst of excitement hearing "Curle" and "sacked" in the same sentence.

Do our former managers have a Christmas do? They could have a tie and little badges saying how long they lasted and everything.

Reminds me of the old Morecambe and Wise running gag where the guest stars appeared as down and outs, bemoaning their decision to appear on the show.

' I used to manage Oldham Athletic and look at me now!'

Only 9 wins from 40 games and little to no improvement along the way!😳

No matter the circumstances…a 22.5% win rate is truly horrific!!

With the current state of the club he’s not enjoyed the best environment in which to work but can have no complaints.

He’ll struggle to get another position I would think and perhaps it’s time to retire!

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'm wondering if there was a half time dressing room barney and the players decided themselves to play a flat back 4. Hence they seemed a lot happier with that?

Not beyond the bounds of possibility at this club.
Do we think think Benachour will favou? 4-4-2.

It's about time Curle went. In recent times only Laurent bandie had a worse record. I'd imagine it's taken this long as they've realised no-one wants to come and replace him with the current setup!

Honestly I'd be happy with Pete Wilde back at the helm, he understood us and did wonders with limited resources, but with Mo running the show I don't think there is any kind of salary that would tempt him!

1 minute ago, Oldham82 said:

To be fair we all wanted curle out was pretty dam clueless , selim done good with youth let's hope he brings a spark and some wins and 3 pointers we certainly wont be any worse !!!!!

yep agree. Tbf the players were working hard for him. All he needed to do was accept his favoured formation and style wasn’t the best option after 15 attempts and try something new and everyone would have likely sided with him. Let’s hope selim can pull off a miracle. No experience of the league but solid playing career behind him 

Ironic that he’s gone just as ‘his’ squad gets to full fitness. His record was nevertheless dreadful and some of his use of players and tactical rigidity was baffling. The bigger question now is who would want the job under both the regime and the restrictions? There are always out of work managers and inexperienced ex players, but our record ain’t the best in that respect.

Selim was in the directors box with his family at the Port Vale match, I said then he might be weighing up the team.

Incidentally, his kids are definitely Latics fans jumping up and down when we scored.

I'll have to tone it down a bit if his family are in there for the next home game and not go spare if the opposition score.🤫

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Curle has gone at Oldham. 

Right. 

Shall I put something up on the system? 

No point. 

Yeah, fancy a Greggs'? 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

I see the bookies can't be bothered

I'm surprised the bookies ever take us off the new manager market, the rate we go through them

Archived