Salford Pubs

Prestwich is laden with pubs that were quite well populated by Latics fans last year. 

I think there are about 8 pubs within a half mile radius and then its onto the Friendship as not much in the 1.5 mile stretch to Moor Lane from the Church Inn in Prestwich which is probably nearest to the ground from Prestwich station. 

I know many Latics fans headed off into Salford rather than Prestwich, I know there are a load of pubs in that City but not so sure how near to Moor Lane the pubs are

The Church Inn at Prestwich is one of my favourite boozers. Dates back to the 1600s and is situated next to St Mary's Church which, incidentally, was Oldham's Mother Church (it used to be the parish of Prestwich-cum-Oldham in medieval days). St Mary's church itself next door is beautiful and well worth a look at. Inside the Church Inn, and in the beer garden, are lots of medieval artefacts/masonry which were found in the equally impressive Prestwich Clough (behind the church). Great beer and a great historical pub.

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

The Church Inn at Prestwich is one of my favourite boozers. Dates back to the 1600s and is situated next to St Mary's Church which, incidentally, was Oldham's Mother Church (it used to be the parish of Prestwich-cum-Oldham in medieval days). St Mary's church itself next door is beautiful and well worth a look at. Inside the Church Inn, and in the beer garden, are lots of medieval artefacts/masonry which were found in the equally impressive Prestwich Clough (behind the church). Great beer and a great historical pub.

Has this been one of your favourote boozers since the 1600s Wiseowl or have I read this wrongly?

Archived