If I was in charge…

4-4-2

Leutwiler

Clarke, McGahey, Piergianni, Hart

Adams, Bowden, Whelan, Bahamboula 

Hope, Hopcutt

Southerington, Fage, Stobbs, Cisse, Vaughan, Couto, DKD

But I am not 😐

Leave Hope out, throw Diarra up front where he can create more havoc.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I thought Hope, coming in as a sub, had a good forty-five minutes at Northampton and I would stick with him in a 4-4-2 👍

He runs about, but when an opponent challenges he shies away, we need a physical presence up front, in his cameos Piergianni has proved that.

Hart is another prepared to mix it so I'd even consider him as a left sided striker.

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He runs about, but when an opponent challenges he shies away, we need a physical presence up front, in his cameos Piergianni has proved that.

Hart is another prepared to mix it so I'd even consider him as a left sided striker.

Imagine the pissboil if we lined up with Hart and Pidge up top on the weekend. That would be a bit of a joke. 

DKD, Dearnely, Hope and anyone else that plays upfront would also be gone. 

Selim Benachour on his approach this Saturday:

“I need to put the right formation with the quality of player that I have”

”I’m thinking to play them in the right position with the right formation…”

Suggests to me that he is looking to play four at the back 👍

Comes across well too. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Comes across well too. 

Where well Hope play then as his position isn't as a striker?

I read from this Its 2 full backs Clarke and Hart, 2 CDs  Mchagey and Piergianni, 2 CMs Whelan and Bowden, 2 wingers Adams and Bahamboula, with DKD and Dearnley advanced.

15 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Comes across well too. 

It was all going so well until he said we have great training facilities and a great ground lol 

I'd go 4-4-2

Leutwiler

Clarke

McGahey

Piergianni

Hart

Adams

Bowden

Whelan

Bahamboula

DKD

Dearnley

I know that central midfield and up front is weak, but hopefully having a flat back four will help that out and we can get the ball down the flanks to provide for DKD and Dearnley who are, in my mind at least, two good finishers.  I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 4-2-3-1 with DKD dropping slightly deeper but I'm not a fan of DKD getting the ball in deeper positions.

If everyone was fit and I haven't checked who is available. 

Leutwiler

Clarke

McGahey

Piergianni

Couto (is he injured?)

Bam

Cisse (i think he's been really poor so far but he probably needs a run of games to get up to speed - if he's still rubbish after the next couple i'd drop him completely)

Whelan

Hart

DKD

Dearnly

Lightweight up top but both can score goals and when we played balls down the line against Vale Dearnly was a willing runner even if he seems to not be fit. 

The players looked like they were enjoying Selim's coaching session, very much  pace based. He's very much hands on.

Looking at the video he was really putting Harry Vaughan through his paces and looks as if he could start at Salford 

I wonder if he will try only one defensive  midfielder and slot in an extra attacking midfielder. Something Curle never dreamed of doing?

Just now, BP1960 said:

The players looked like they were enjoying Selim's coaching session, very much  pace based. He's very much hands on.

Looking at the video he was really putting Harry Vaughan through his paces and looks as if he could start at Salford 

I wonder if he will try only one defensive  midfielder and slot in an extra attacking midfielder. Something Curle never dreamed of doing?

I would certainly start with Cisse and possibly Whelan in the midfield on Saturday... We would be to lightweight with both Bowden and Whelan In there together... 

24 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'd go 4-4-2

Leutwiler

Clarke

McGahey

Piergianni

Hart

Adams

Bowden

Whelan

Bahamboula

DKD

Dearnley

I know that central midfield and up front is weak, but hopefully having a flat back four will help that out and we can get the ball down the flanks to provide for DKD and Dearnley who are, in my mind at least, two good finishers.  I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being 4-2-3-1 with DKD dropping slightly deeper but I'm not a fan of DKD getting the ball in deeper positions.

Probably about right, but will he go hung ho and start Vaughan for Bowden?

8 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I would certainly start with Cisse and possibly Whelan in the midfield on Saturday... We would be to lightweight with both Bowden and Whelan In there together... 

Whelan should be making the tea

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Along with Pidge our best player this season.

I think most fans will agree with that.

Oh yes I forgot that our hard tackling midfielder is so good, really, just because he can pass a ball when there's no one near him makes him brilliant does it? Can't disagree with the Pidge comment though.

1 minute ago, C.O.JONES said:

Oh yes I forgot that our hard tackling midfielder is so good, really, just because he can pass a ball when there's no one near him makes him brilliant does it? Can't disagree with the Pidge comment though.

Name all those better.

Archived