MATCH: vs Salford City (A) 27/11/21

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, steveecky said:

It's difficult to know where to start with the current performances. To me, there seems a fitness issue - most of the players don't look capable of lasting the 90, in fact some don't seem capable of 60. The next issue is personnel, squad building has been poor - not just the players but the balance of the team. Whelan and Bowden are similar - reasonable neat passers moving the ball on, but neither are ball winners or goal scorers. McGahey is looking poorer by the game and only Dearnley looks like a finisher. DKD if he doesn't score is not worth his place and Fage isn't a full back in a back 4 , never in a million years. Then there is the confidence aspect, a team with confidence backed by the fans can do better than it's paper form, but a fan base creating a hostile atmosphere every game doesn't help the team (even though I understand why). If I was a player under our current circumstances I'd go through the motions waiting to get out at the end of the season. Here's a thought, next home game the crowd should chant "Come on Oldham" continually for the whole 90 minutes and see what positive backing can do.

1500 cheered them onto the field, the players let them down hence the reaction at the end of the game.

Any player worth his salt  would graft for 90 minutes to win the fans over, not most of this lot.

8 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Some of the players are just plain faint hearted and lack desire, you don't want any of these in a relegation scrap, unfortunately we are stuck with them due to poor recruiting and may be for the rest of the season.

I was a fan of Bahamboula, but he doesn't look interested, and it's a sub role for him until he bucks his ideas up or is sold.

Outside of his 30 step overs he offers very little and you can see why Boro sent him back to us 

Just watched it and it was a terrible game of football. Even though Salford have three times our budget they weren't much better. If our players get closed down quickly, they are totally incapable of getting out of trouble. 

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Just watched it and it was a terrible game of football. Even though Salford have three times our budget they weren't much better. If our players get closed down quickly, they are totally incapable of getting out of trouble. 

Due to not supporting each other.

• Matt unfeatured this topic

Archived