Martin Jol

Martin Jol becomes the latest addition of obscure managers to "show an interest" in the Oldham Athletic job.

Gattuso and Seedorf have also expressed an interest in the job in the not too distant past.. any other names we could add to the bonkers shortlist? 

I don't believe for a minute that Jol is seriously considering coming out of retirement to manage a struggling league two side but imagine his first impression if he came to FGR at home to get a feel of the place/job and hardly anyone is there because of the protest proposed by ptb.

Putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with 50 but wasn't there a consortium of former Dutch pros looking to buy an English lower league club not so long ago?

Personally I just think that this is a story that has deliberately been planted in the media to try and get some publicity.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Putting 2 and 2 together here and coming up with 50 but wasn't there a consortium of former Dutch pros looking to buy an English lower league club not so long ago?

Personally I just think that this is a story that has deliberately been planted in the media to try and get some publicity.

................or deflect publicity ?

If, and it’s a big if…..Jol was genuinely interested and AL was open to him coming in it would maybe indicate he’s not given up on the club…..however, if that didn’t coincide with paying off the EFL loan and giving Jol a budget for the window it would be totally pointless!!

Personally, like everyone else I think it’s just bollocks!!!

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

This fella

Jack Rowley

Curiosity got the worst of me so I had a nosey on wiki came across this ex manager who went on to PSV and the Dutch National Side.. 

After his career as a player, George Hardwick served as player manager for Oldham Athletic and manager for PSV Eindhoven, and for six months in 1957, the Netherlands national football team. He later managed Sunderland A.F.C. and Gateshead

7 minutes ago, wroteforluck87 said:

After his career as a player, George Hardwick served as player manager for Oldham Athletic and manager for PSV Eindhoven, and for six months in 1957, the Netherlands national football team. He later managed Sunderland A.F.C. and Gateshead

636px-George_Hardwick_Statue_MFC.jpg

4 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Factiod of the week!! 

Who is the first thou 🤷‍♂️

As GlossopLatic says it was Jack Rowley.

He came back to Latics after a successful earlier spell and was a disaster in trying circumstances quite similar to nowadays.

Happily the ownership problems were sorted, Jack was relieved of his duties, Jimmy Frizzell was appointed and we began our long march to glory.

Jack Rowley is also the only known link between Johann Cruyff and Oldham Athletic

Archived