MATCH: vs Barrow (A) 29/12/21

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My starting eleven would be; GK a wheelie bin, Back 4, Hart & 3 parsnips, Midfield; Couto, Vaughan, 1 sprout and a carrot, up front; Bambam and a mince pie. Sit back with a trifle and a nice bottle of red and we'll win easy. Well they are the only four footballers on the books anyway.

24 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

My starting eleven would be; GK a wheelie bin, Back 4, Hart & 3 parsnips, Midfield; Couto, Vaughan, 1 sprout and a carrot, up front; Bambam and a mince pie. Sit back with a trifle and a nice bottle of red and we'll win easy. Well they are the only four footballers on the books anyway.

what are your thoughts on Bahamboula ?

A fan pleaser with his trickery but one of our laziest players ever when we havent got the ball 

25 minutes ago, tGWB said:

what are your thoughts on Bahamboula ?

A fan pleaser with his trickery but one of our laziest players ever when we havent got the ball 

Can't disagree with your comment but he does however have a talent worth persevering with, playing with his head up and releasing the ball earlier would help, if only he had someone to pass it to. At least he does get the occasional tackle in, unlike those who choose just to run along side the opposition. 

Fair comment

Hope we get time to develop him 

We are a bit short on coaching experience but fingers crossed 

It’ll be interesting to see if we get any interest from other clubs in the transfer window for Dylan 

5 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Fair comment

Hope we get time to develop him 

We are a bit short on coaching experience but fingers crossed 

It’ll be interesting to see if we get any interest from other clubs in the transfer window for Dylan 

Agreed

2 hours ago, C.O.JONES said:

Can't disagree with your comment but he does however have a talent worth persevering with, playing with his head up and releasing the ball earlier would help, if only he had someone to pass it to. At least he does get the occasional tackle in, unlike those who choose just to run along side the opposition. 

Sorry, I can' remember one tackle he's made, and lately he's more interested in showboating, a la the useless French? "left winger" we had ( whose name escapes me ! ) who arrived with Maouche.

3 minutes ago, Oldham_till_i_die said:

I can only see this as a must win game. 3 points adrift against another poor side. Already played more than most of the teams around us so need to win to give us any chance at survival.

Just as Sunday was

Think we are going to be saying this right up until relegation is confirmed

5 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Sorry, I can' remember one tackle he's made, and lately he's more interested in showboating, a la the useless French? "left winger" we had ( whose name escapes me ! ) who arrived with Maouche.

Same here.I have seen him run up to opposition players a couple of times and stand in front of them if that constitutes a tackle. Too little effort and stamina to carry for the occasional flash of brilliance 

16 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Clanger Engone?

After Boxing Day I kind of feel that realistically all hope in keeping our EFL status is lost.  As a club we tick so many boxes of a team that doesn't get out of the relegation zone.

I'm still interested in how we do on an individual game basis though, hell the remaining 24 league games may be the last Football League games for some time.

My team for tonight, if everyone is available, would be:

Leutwiler

Adams

McGahey

Piergianni

Hart

Whelan

Vaughan

Bahamboula

DKD

Couto

Luamba

I know the midfield is unfathomably weak, but fuck it I'd trust Vaughan over our other centre mids at the moment.  I'd also give Couto a bit more attacking licence with Hart at left back to protect him.

31 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

After Boxing Day I kind of feel that realistically all hope in keeping our EFL status is lost.  As a club we tick so many boxes of a team that doesn't get out of the relegation zone.

I'm still interested in how we do on an individual game basis though, hell the remaining 24 league games may be the last Football League games for some time.

My team for tonight, if everyone is available, would be:

My Cat

Adams

McGahey

Piergianni

Hart

Whelan

Vaughan

Bahamboula

DKD

Couto

Luamba

I know the midfield is unfathomably weak, but fuck it I'd trust Vaughan over our other centre mids at the moment.  I'd also give Couto a bit more attacking licence with Hart at left back to protect him.

Only one change to that for me 

3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Only one change to that for me 

I'd try Hope in an attacking midfield role, he's worked hard in a role he's not suited to so let him have a go in central midfield attacking between  Bowden and Whelan

Maybe this is a chance  up front for young Simms- as long as he has good support.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'd try Hope in an attacking midfield role, he's worked hard in a role he's not suited to so let him have a go in central midfield attacking between  Bowden and Whelan

Maybe this is a chance  up front for young Simms- as long as he has good support.

Bowden wasn’t in squad Sunday so maybe injured but agree with you on the rest 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Not the game for Simms for me. Put him on the bench and maybe give him 15 mins if we need a goal....which we probably will.

Is Hopcutt fit?

Archived