Interested Parties

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling, interest in the club is welcome but difficult to see how anyone who is quibbling over these relatively small amounts of money is going to have the clout to move the club forward.

So you want people to come in who will just throw money away, we ain't getting an Arabian state or other country led consortium buying us who may do that, we have got real football people, with contacts, with knowledge of our club and the area interested in taking us on. 

Of course the financials have to be right.

I cant believe what I read on here at times, not just from you btw.

19 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling, interest in the club is welcome but difficult to see how anyone who is quibbling over these relatively small amounts of money is going to have the clout to move the club forward.

the relatively small amounts you are talking about are around 1 - 2 years budget at this level i know where i would much rather it be spent and its isnt in Dubai or the USA 

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

‘Relatively small amounts’!!!

Swindon just went for £2m which is probably our club’s true worth.

The current asking price for the job lot is around £10m!!!

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

Well I thought people would have guessed after my cryptic posts yesterday.

Lets hope this happens.

I actually thought you were referring to people recently involved at Burnley who recently sold out.

13 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm pretty sure Barry will have a consortium of his own lined up as well...

Oh no.

Does this consortium realise that keeping him about will be very costly to them.

Why can't Barry take a hint.

I'd rather have Barry from eastenders singing.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

I actually thought you were referring to people recently involved at Burnley who recently sold out.

Oh no...

No sorry, I mentioned something on here a while back regarding Darren and his dad in a cryptic fashion but nobody really picked up on it or posters just thought it was the usually in the know bull.

1 hour ago, maximus1267 said:

So you want people to come in who will just throw money away, we ain't getting an Arabian state or other country led consortium buying us who may do that, we have got real football people, with contacts, with knowledge of our club and the area interested in taking us on. 

Of course the financials have to be right.

I cant believe what I read on here at times, not just from you btw.

Not trolling but we need someone to buy the club and the ground now not in two years time, if that means paying a million or two more that's what needs to happen.

59 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

‘Relatively small amounts’!!!

Swindon just went for £2m which is probably our club’s true worth.

The current asking price for the job lot is around £10m!!!

Not trolling but I don't believe it would cost anything like that to secure everything. In any case it is going to take many millions of pounds of investment to turn the club around.

Just now, deyres42 said:

Not trolling but we need someone to buy the club and the ground now not in two years time, if that means paying a million or two more that's what needs to happen.

Who is going to do that, most people in business with the financials to be part of consortiums wont just throw their hard earned money away because we want them to hurry up.

As much as we all want a quick takeover and AL and all his cronies gone this will only happen if the deal is right.

If we have a buyer who will just throw money away now just to save time rather than waiting for the right deal then surely that would be quite alarming too.

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

That’s not going to happen whilst the ownership of the ‘North Stand’ is subject to a pending court case…..thanks Barry, you absolute twat!!!

3 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

That’s not going to happen whilst the ownership of the ‘North Stand’ is subject to a pending court case…..thanks Barry, you absolute twat!!!

I dont know Barry owen but my brother does, if he is an Oldham fan first then why would he be willing to make things difficult for said parties to attempt a take over, surely he would have been a huge fan of one of the Royles at some part of his time supporting us as a fan.

I dont get this man.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Not trolling but I don't believe it would cost anything like that to secure everything. In any case it is going to take many millions of pounds of investment to turn the club around.

I’m sure it won’t because nobody is crazy enough but that’s the figure that’s being banded about!

As regards further investment it ain’t an overnight fix and it’s going to take several years of competent ownership for this club to be able to move forward!!

1 minute ago, maximus1267 said:

I dont know Barry owen but my brother does, if he is an Oldham fan first then why would he be willing to make things difficult for said parties to attempt a take over, surely he would have been a huge fan of one of the Royles at some part of his time supporting us as a fan.

I dont get this man.

Exactly. What reason would he have for trying to line Abdallah’s pockets? 

It’s also notable how he revels in Abdallah not speaking to the fans, in particularly in reference to any OASF or PTB involvement in trying to introduce new investors/owners. He’s been openly giddy about Abdallah refusing to engage them. He’s supposedly a fan of the club with access to the ear of the owner. And what is he doing with that access? Widening the divide between the owner and the fan groups and… well, I wouldn’t like to guess his reasons for trying to put the ground in Abdallah’s hands 🤷‍♂️

14 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Surely it’s precisely the reason that the club needs millions investing in infrastructure that any prospective new owners shouldn’t waste any of their funds overpaying AL or Blitz. 

Just now, maximus1267 said:

Who is going to do that, most people in business with the financials to be part of consortiums wont just throw their hard earned money away because we want them to hurry up.

As much as we all want a quick takeover and AL and all his cronies gone this will only happen if the deal is right.

If we have a buyer who will just throw money away now just to save time rather than waiting for the right deal then surely that would be quite alarming too.

Not trolling but any new potential new owner needs to have significant money that they are happy to never see again.

Archived