Sheridan back

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The three things that stand out to me 

a: his handle is @tossersunite 

b: he openly abuses and swears at fans (for all his faults Barry never did that on here or from within the club and I don’t think he would)

C. That account has the same grammar and literacy of the other nob head with a million accounts who likes talking to himself 

so yes he is strange 

"Barry" previously tweeted as @Longtons and later as @Barryedwardowen

I wouldn't expect that sort of behaviour, and level of literacy, from a retired police superintendent and company director!

15 hours ago, kowenicki said:

We need to stay up. 

That's it in a nutshell.

I'm in my mid-50s and I've actually been welling up recently on two occasions, the first time for many years. The first was the abject performance against Scunthorpe. I felt lower than ever about the club and its future. I didn't think John was the solution, and i still don't when taking a longer term view. I believe that Pete Wild should come back. However, for the rest of this season, there is only one man who could possibly pull off a miracle, because let's face it, it will now take something very special, and that's John. Last night i actually started to get emotional, again. The thought that someone with nothing to prove to anyone, someone who has had his own shit to deal with through covid, would willingly pick up the phone and talk to the man who sacked him and started the rot, to offer to manage us for nothing, WOW. Someone does give a shit!!!

So, i'm sorry, but i'm, suspending my boycott. I love the club. I don't do DIY or any other crap on a Saturday. I still care and i really want us to stay up. The National League is a really tough nut to crack. I'd rather stay up. If Al hasn't gone by the end of the season/when/if relegation is confirmed, then i'll go back to protesting.

But for now, if Johnny can do what he's done, then i'm with him 100%.

DORA DORA DORA!

1 hour ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's it in a nutshell.

I'm in my mid-50s and I've actually been welling up recently on two occasions, the first time for many years. The first was the abject performance against Scunthorpe. I felt lower than ever about the club and its future. I didn't think John was the solution, and i still don't when taking a longer term view. I believe that Pete Wild should come back. However, for the rest of this season, there is only one man who could possibly pull off a miracle, because let's face it, it will now take something very special, and that's John. Last night i actually started to get emotional, again. The thought that someone with nothing to prove to anyone, someone who has had his own shit to deal with through covid, would willingly pick up the phone and talk to the man who sacked him and started the rot, to offer to manage us for nothing, WOW. Someone does give a shit!!!

So, i'm sorry, but i'm, suspending my boycott. I love the club. I don't do DIY or any other crap on a Saturday. I still care and i really want us to stay up. The National League is a really tough nut to crack. I'd rather stay up. If Al hasn't gone by the end of the season/when/if relegation is confirmed, then i'll go back to protesting.

DORA DORA DORA!

Wonder if Tommy Wright will back as assistant?

30 minutes ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

That's it in a nutshell.

DORA DORA DORA!

If we stay up he will go down in folk law! It will be his greatest ever achievement. If we go down it is what it is ! 

7 minutes ago, losesome said:

Remember coming back from Mansfield in October saying “at least there is another team in the league as shite as us”

they are in the play offs now , escape can be done.

And that day Mansfield had 11 first teamers out and we still couldn’t beat them 

It’s a lost cause.

But, if John Sheridan was on a list of affordable, available managers he’s the one most of us would plump for.

For starters, no one else would come close to getting the fans back on board as will be the case for the next few games

I do think though 2 or 3 rabbits need to be plucked out of the transfer bag for it to become more than a dream. 

I keep reading that Shez has agreed to return. I haven't seen anything to say he has signed a contract or that he is actually at the club. Am I missing something or just being too suspicious? But why I should be with our owners I can't think why.

26 minutes ago, astottie said:

I keep reading that Shez has agreed to return. I haven't seen anything to say he has signed a contract or that he is actually at the club. Am I missing something or just being too suspicious? But why I should be with our owners I can't think why.

The clubs twitter account responded to a fan question before regarding an interview,  stating that he's currently conducting his first training session and will be releasing some more info later today 

33 minutes ago, JTM said:

The clubs twitter account responded to a fan question before regarding an interview,  stating that he's currently conducting his first training session and will be releasing some more info later today 

Thank you.

Archived