• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't speak for the others in the team, but having played with WardleLatic (oooh errrrrrr) at school in my younger years... lets just say, I hope he gets a game. He's like a little jack russell (and I don't mean the once great cricketer.)

I'm predicting a 5-3 win for the fans! :lol:

I can't speak for the others in the team, but having played with WardleLatic (oooh errrrrrr) at school in my younger years... lets just say, I hope he gets a game. He's like a little jack russell (and I don't mean the once great cricketer.)

I'm predicting a 5-3 win for the fans! :lol:

Was that a Tenner or twenty I owe you Pete ???? :lol:

Maybe in my younger days, I blame the guinness :drinking45:

Whats the standard like of the fans team? Any budding Taylors in the ranks B)

I doubt it :disappointed: I'll be letting the younger ones chase the ball :wink:

Maybe in my younger days, I blame the guinness :drinking45:

The lower centre of gravity will come in useful Rich... Well that's what i keep telling myself anyway. I wish it was being filmed now, they could show it on the team bus next season to give them a laugh boost :lol:

I believe the club won the game 5-1 with a team containing young squad members and a trailist (well thats the excuse I heard for them losing).

The tangerine kit is all tangerine (can't wait to see Taylor in it) with a blue stripe down the side of the shorts ... I believe maddog will be psoting pictures lately, fingers crossed that they are in focus lol!!

Also heard that the rumoured left back (who is older than me and Charlton) could well be starting tomorrow....

I believe the club won the game 5-1 with a team containing young squad members and a trailist (well thats the excuse I heard for them losing).

The tangerine kit is all tangerine (can't wait to see Taylor in it) with a blue stripe down the side of the shorts ... I believe maddog will be psoting pictures lately, fingers crossed that they are in focus lol!!

Also heard that the rumoured left back (who is older than me and Charlton) could well be starting tomorrow....

Which was the trialist?!?! No one really stood out for me on the staff team apart from shez and tommy wright. They had a really young kid who started at left back looked about 16 who showed a lot of potential must have been somebodys kid or a youth. The only player i could imagine was a trialist would have been the black lad but he was nowhere near good enough for league one standard. One of the lads i know Oaksey played for the fans and was supposedly on trial after speaking to Corney.

I thought Corney had great feet too at times worked some openings for himself. The fans also had Ed de Goey in net for the end of the game but he played more like Tiebi with a hilarious final goal.

We saw the squad list for tomorrows game, Alan Wright is the trailist. knocking on, woulnt say he was much better than Charlton last season tbh. Too old for Forest so good enough for us??? hmmm

Really enjoyed tonight though guys, thanks to all who played, and all who turned up. Great experience :)

what a great laugh and quality bunch of lads in the fans team ! We were doing ok until the staff teams young legs kept coming on and off . There was no way corney was giving any money back lol alan wright is defo playing tomorrow , they forgot to take down the squad list and team sheet down from the changing rooms :) also seems that derby lad has now gone ! The new away i think looks class and i have one 3 wks before they go on sale :) :) so well worth the money, sweat and tears ! Dux , wright ,shez.tony p they all still have it in their locker ! I know im going to be stiff tomorrow lol

We DID NOT have any trialists playing for us, honestly.

The young lad at the back was Stuart Vose's younger brother who helps out Stuart from time to time.

The coloured lad is called James and he works for football in the community, and i thought he was very good.

Shez, Tommy, TP and Dux were amazing to play along side, there was no way you were going to beat a side with them in it.

Funniest comment of the night though had to be when your right back said to Tommy "Jesus, your sweating a lot arent you?" To which Tommy replied "yes, so would you be if you managed to keep up with me" :grin:

The banter in our changing room was hilarious, but obviously i cant let slip most of the things that were said. :blink:

Cheers for such a good game guys, we all really enjoyed it.

Chaddy out there on the pitch you have a resemblance to Allott from the stands. After your third miss of the night I nearly broke into the chant "are you Allott in disguise, but right at the last when the lips where about to deliver it my brain moved into gear and stopped me!

Edited by Lags

Chaddy out there on the pitch you have a resemblance to Allott from the stands. After your third miss of the night I nearly broke into the chant "are you Allott in disguise, but right at the last when the lips where about to deliver it my brain moved into gear and stopped me!

Too true, they only let him wear the mask out of sympathy :disguise::peepwall:

Why are people saying i missed?

I hit one shot wide, the other ones were all saved by a good keeper, and one by the defenders arm which then hit the roof of the chaddy (should have been a penalty or corner).

Even Tommy said i was unlucky not to have scored.

All i could hear from the stand though was Beardy calling me Sh*t, but i didnt see that fat lad down on the pitch doing all the running. Those in glass houses shouldnt throw stones eh?

Im just happy that i got one, but thats to be expected when its my first proper game in nearly 6 weeks.

Edited by chaddy the owl

I watched the video back this morning (got 60 minutes of it on camcorder) and it was really good fun watching too. Apart from hearing my dad shouting obscenities :lol:

Chaddy you did bang a few skywards on the vid though ;) Cant wait til next year, Id defo pay to do it again. Maybe in a position when Im not being ran ragged by Tommy Wright though lol

I went last night as there was nowt else doin, I thought the lad Oakes for the fans team was a decent player.

The lad at left back for the Club team had a good game as well.

Best moment of the match was the fans teams No. 20 (The mighty Atom) as Franny called him taking the pitch in the second half, he was as barrel (shaped) sorry chested as John Hurst. :grin:

Best moment of the match was the fans teams No. 20 (The mighty Atom) as Franny called him taking the pitch in the second half, he was as barrel (shaped) sorry chested as John Hurst. :grin:

Er. That would be Wardle.

Wouldn't stand for that if I were you, Richie :grin:

Dave, Are you putting the video onto disk?

If you are i would like to purchase a copy off you if thats ok?

I can put it on telly just to show my lad how NOT to play football :blush:

Chaddy, if I can work it out I will, its on an 8mm tape and Ive lost my cable to transfer it but I'll defo try and get something sorted and I'd happily send a disc out to all who want if I can sort it out :)