MATCH: vs Northampton Town (H) 15/04/22

13 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Northampton were already relegated when we played them - I think that there was an element of ‘you’re coming down with us’ to the day.

I still cannot believe our lack of effort to win the game when we got it back to Desmond 😮

*Puts pedantic hat on*

Northampton weren't mathematically relegated. If they had beat us 9-0 and Rochdale lost or drew they'd have stayed up.

Rochdale winning meant they couldn't stay up. 

*Takes pedantic hat off*

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/10/2022 at 2:57 AM, Monty Burns said:

l was in a home section and they seemed to hate us for some reason,  there was real feeling behind their goal celebrations. weird day that. l can remember almost all of it but seemingly none of it at the same time.

There had been a bit of "argy bargy" in a couple of pubs before the game. The Northampton "massive" got run out of "their" pubs. Therefore, they delighted in us going down.

8 hours ago, wiseowl said:

There had been a bit of "argy bargy" in a couple of pubs before the game. The Northampton "massive" got run out of "their" pubs. Therefore, they delighted in us going down.

that would explain it and also makes me feel better 😁

The Gas going up like that at the expense of that lot made me smile. NT are a vile club and the fans are even worse. Back in the 90s I remember some of them hiring the hospitality suite next to the Chaddy and spent half the game pulling moonies and flicking the fingers.

11 hours ago, DorsetBlue said:

The Gas going up like that at the expense of that lot made me smile. NT are a vile club and the fans are even worse. Back in the 90s I remember some of them hiring the hospitality suite next to the Chaddy and spent half the game pulling moonies and flicking the fingers.

I must be unique, I don't hate any club. All have their good and bad elements.

20 hours ago, DorsetBlue said:

I remember that game, think it was in 97 and it finished 2-2.  Latics fans went up the fire escape around the back to try to get to them.

20 hours ago, DorsetBlue said:

Normally I'd agree but seeing that prick Barton suffer anything other than a life of pain is a no from me 

1 minute ago, JED said:

Barton was very generous in defeat at BP this season.

Still a scouser though….

My hatred of him has nothing to do with him being a scouser

It's to do with him being a cunt 

I know a former prison officer at Strangeways who tells story's of Joeys stay - he's a prick of the highest order 

22 hours ago, DorsetBlue said:

That day Latics absolutely mullered them but a combination of crap finishing - we had countless chances but only stuck 2 away and a bad Dougie Hodgson mistake gave them a draw. 

Their supporters had sponsored the game and named Dougie Hodgson as man of the match - decent bit of shithousery. 

Don't think they are any better or worse than most others tbh, was not impressed at the way their fans reacted when they helped us go down with them but that's life I suppose. 

7 hours ago, oafc 123 said:

I remember that game, think it was in 97 and it finished 2-2.  Latics fans went up the fire escape around the back to try to get to them.

awww l was there too and then years later we met and became Football Fwends and awwww 😘😘😘😘😘

Archived