Lowest point in 44 years....☹️

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

I was at the Stockport v Southend game last week. 7800 fans and it was good to experience a happy set of fans. Prob only 300 from Southend.

So do we really think Stockport are bigger potentially then us now?

No they are just on the up

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Flemboy said:

It maybe the same for us when we go to Tranmere and there is no love lost between us with them over the years.Just hope our fans dont react.I first started supporting Latics in 1970 and thank god have seen the good times as well as the bad.I feel sorry for our Athleticos who have had nothing to shout about but still support home and away in numbers.

Obviously it's different if it's a direct sending down but there's no denying many of you lot chuckled as we disappeared into the abyss in 2015. You were still a League One side at that point and I think that was the year Lee Johnson was doing really well with you until another club come in for him. The idea you'd be where you are now then was a preposterous one. We did a double drop and Wrexham and Chester became the clubs we benchmarked ourselves against rather than you.

We've almost as good as bottled promotion btw- and that could work in your favour. No matter how much of an edge there is when we meet, if Exeter beat us, we'll lose to Stevenage as well and that will be us out of the playoff race, and our players won't see the Oldham game the same way, probably thinking of the summer jollies a few weeks later.

Do think Stevenage will be fine, it's down to you to win one of FGR or Salford and hope that Barrow don't get points from their next two (which are tough)

57 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Shez effect dropped off.

It has dropped off because we are still shite and lost 6 games on the bounce!!

Incidentally, for a team at the arse end of League 2, I’d say 4619 is a decent turn out for a Tuesday night fixture after 6 successive defeats. 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Intrigued to know your thoughts on given the above circumstances what our average home crowd average would be, excluding away supporters

Comfortably over 6K if the owners are gone and competing for promotion. Much higher if we were to be in County's current position.

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

Comfortably over 6K if the owners are gone and competing for promotion. Much higher if we were to be in County's current position.

Really? Comfortably over 6k - just cannot see it at all.

3 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

It's "relegation will rejuvenate us" syndrome back 

We had it in 1994, 1997, and 2018

No doubt it will raise its head if we get relegated from the conference too

9 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

In that scenario definitely. When did we last have any league success?

4 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

It's "relegation will rejuvenate us" syndrome back 

We had it in 1994, 1997, and 2018

No doubt it will raise its head if we get relegated from the conference too

I don't believe that relegation will rejuvenate us. I said with the owners gone and being in the top six our crowds would improve. No shit Sherlock for me. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen. I can only see a continuation of the downward trend and that won't change until at least the clowns and shitpeas are gone.

4 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

In that scenario definitely. When did we last have any league success?

I don't believe that relegation will rejuvenate us. I said with the owners gone and being in the top six our crowds would improve. No shit Sherlock for me. Unfortunately I don't think that will happen. I can only see a continuation of the downward trend and that won't change until at least the clowns and shitpeas are gone.

Hard to see how it will rejuvenate us.

What our crowds would look like in the context of some success and stability is the million dollar question for Latics fans.

the fact that we have no way of knowing and no reference point tells you everything you need to know about the last 30 years. Tragic really 

1 minute ago, Andy b said:

Hard to see how it will rejuvenate us.

What our crowds would look like in the context of some success and stability is the million dollar question for Latics fans.

the fact that we have no way of knowing and no reference point tells you everything you need to know about the last 30 years. Tragic really 

Opinions innit.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:20 PM, SCFC said:

Sad sad times at BP, we’ve had exactly the same experiences as you started by Kennedy and it’s took us 18 years to recover. When you lose league games to Vauxhall Motors, Colwyn Bay , Oxford City and plenty more of the same ilk it sickens and angers you, there is nothing you can do till these owners have gone, only then can you start the long road back.It will be a long and sad period but it will galvanise you.I wish you all the luck going in getting your owners out.

I well remember that day when County lost heavily at Kidderminster to drop out of the league, always looked out for County as a few mates from work supported them and my brother married a Stockport lass whose dad was County too. 

I first saw County at BP on the last game of our 1970-71 promotion season and although we didn't play them again till league cup in 1984 I always kept an eye out for them. 

Thanks for wishing us all the best mate, truly hope County do come back and we can stay up and resume hostilities (more like hostelries for me and many of my age) in League two next season. 

Sadly I think we might be dropping out of the EFL, just hope that we can get rid of our owners, help change the culture at the club and come back stronger and wiser in a few years (hope not going to be 18 like yours!!) 

Cheers pal       

Been a supporter over 60 years with over 40 as a S/T holder.

Seen bad times , applying for re-election in div 4 to the good times in the PL.

This is without doubt the worst ever , i now feel that I would rather we do a Bury and fold because the club is now virtually dead and at least this would be the final goodbye.

Getting relegated would be a disaster , not because it’s non league it’s more that we will struggle in that league. The players we have aren’t good enough for that league so what hope have we of signing better players than we already have when we are an elf team now.

Also who wants to buy a non league club for the money AL is asking and you still don’t get a single asset for it.

I would genuinely hope that if we do get relegated the owners move to liquidate the club into oblivion , organise the funeral , mourn and move on.

I can’t bear the thought of this club struggling in the national league.

I can only pray that Shez performs the miracle and new owners move in and the young supporters of today have a brighter future.

14 hours ago, losesome said:

Been a supporter over 60 years with over 40 as a S/T holder.

Seen bad times , applying for re-election in div 4 to the good times in the PL.

This is without doubt the worst ever , i now feel that I would rather we do a Bury and fold because the club is now virtually dead and at least this would be the final goodbye.

Getting relegated would be a disaster , not because it’s non league it’s more that we will struggle in that league. The players we have aren’t good enough for that league so what hope have we of signing better players than we already have when we are an elf team now.

Also who wants to buy a non league club for the money AL is asking and you still don’t get a single asset for it.

I would genuinely hope that if we do get relegated the owners move to liquidate the club into oblivion , organise the funeral , mourn and move on.

I can’t bear the thought of this club struggling in the national league.

I can only pray that Shez performs the miracle and new owners move in and the young supporters of today have a brighter future.

This for me too.

Looking at some of the attendances at yesterday's National League matches of almost 10,000, 7,818, 6,722 and 5,849 given a good season should we be in there we could match those.

Also quite a few games would be televised bringing in extra revenue.

So with good new ownership I'm optimistic we could bounce straight back.

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Looking at some of the attendances at yesterday's National League matches of almost 10,000, 7,818, 6,722 and 5,849 given a good season should we be in there we could match those.

Also quite a few games would be televised bringing in extra revenue.

So with good new ownership I'm optimistic we could bounce straight back.

Bet you said that in 94 too

1 hour ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

Bet you said that in 94 too

With good new ownership? Sorry that’s such a big caveat that the sentence is worthless.

Tell me again when we last had a decent owner

falls into the same category as ‘if we can just win our next three games…..’ so often quoted by Latics fans 

2 minutes ago, Andy b said:

With good new ownership? Sorry that’s such a big caveat that the sentence is worthless.

Tell me again when we last had a decent owner

falls into the same category as ‘if we can just win our next three games…..’ so often quoted by Latics fans 

We certainly had better owners in 94 than now

The bar is low 

21 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

I well remember that day when County lost heavily at Kidderminster to drop out of the league, always looked out for County as a few mates from work supported them and my brother married a Stockport lass whose dad was County too. 

I first saw County at BP on the last game of our 1970-71 promotion season and although we didn't play them again till league cup in 1984 I always kept an eye out for them. 

Thanks for wishing us all the best mate, truly hope County do come back and we can stay up and resume hostilities (more like hostelries for me and many of my age) in League two next season. 

Sadly I think we might be dropping out of the EFL, just hope that we can get rid of our owners, help change the culture at the club and come back stronger and wiser in a few years (hope not going to be 18 like yours!!) 

Cheers pal       

Many a good drink with Millibob and Flemboy over the years reminiscing and wishing, two proper clubs shafted, the good times will return and I hope for your sakes it doesn’t take as long as it is for us, over 9000 at EP today with about a hundred Solihull, you don’t need me to tell you to KTF because I know you will, strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride, Best wishes.ANIMO ET FIDE.

Our last season of challenging for promotion was, of course, 2006/07. We averaged 6,334 that season. That was 500 per game up on the previous season. The next season it was 1,000 less than 06/07.

And that was 2 divisiions higher. And some of the bigger gates will have gone eg Stockport. The pretty much guaranteed games so far are v Torquay, Dag & Redbridge, Boreham Wood, Bromley, Yeovil, Southend , Woking, Weadlstone, Maidenhead, Barnet, Eastleighand Aldershot. Only Altrincham will be of interest.
It's going to be fucking dire, maybe even for OASIS!
If we swap places with Stockport & Wrexham, we are left with: FC Halifax (Nice with PW, but Wrexham get 5x the crowds) Solihull Chesterfield Grimbsy Notts Co ,

Gateshead from NLN Brackley are in pole or perm 1 from Kettering, Fylde, KIdderminster, Chorley or Boston.
EVen worse in National LEague South
Likely Maidstone, then 1 from Dorking (urgh) Ebbsfleet, Dartford, Eastbourne, Oxford and it's tight so quite a few other possibilities like st Albans, Dulwich, Chippenham, Hungerford or Slough etc.

Awful league.

9 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Division 5 South, basically

And the reason for that is because many more northern ex league clubs are on conference North or whatever it is called now than there are southern ex league clubs in conference south

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And the reason for that is because many more northern ex league clubs are on conference North or whatever it is called now than there are southern ex league clubs in conference south

Might be better returning the 1950s football league regional North and South. Travel distances in the National league will be enormous and eat further into the clubs expenses also giving fans less chance for fans to support the team away from home.

Won't happen though I know.

Archived