OASF/PTB joint fans forum

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

"We have spoken to Blitz he's willing to sell but we don't know how much he's asking"

I'm not so sure I believe that answer to that question given they have said they are looking to raise 6 million.

Completely agree with your second point...

If they really left that meeting with Blitz without pushing him for a number I am shocked. Particularly if they were frightened to ask him. 

Is he taking the piss… again. I fear they may be being played, just like he played FLG (that was also obvious from day one). If he’s serious about selling to the Trust and if he was genuinely wanting out asap then he’d reveal a number. It’s the START of any possible negotiation as anyone in business knows.

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I'm not so sure I believe that answer to that question given they have said they are looking to raise 6 million.

Completely agree with your second point...

Well if they have been told and they aren’t telling the fans then that would be really stupid. Trust would evaporate. I doubt they were told or they didn’t ask, both unacceptable. 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

This FLG involvement is embarrassing.

That was excruciating. 

Felt a bit like pussyfooting around them because they are in their gaff. 

Why wouldn’t he answer during the cast, why does it have to be off camera later? 

Boycott the OEC and EVERY business in there. 

I like PTB and the new Foundation board

I've found tonight tedious at best 

And no I wasn't there to ask questions as I'm in the Copthorne hotel in Plymouth 

We were told the FLG had been spoken to but nothing from them apart from the usual chips and gravy 

Waste of 2 hours sorry guys

48 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't think of one

Chesterfield

Exeter

Wycombe 

Portsmouth

Wimbledon

Hearts

FCUM

Bury

All the above started going down the route of fan ownership with a small group looking to make a difference. Fans input is massive and needs fans like yourself to get involved. Financially - give whatever you can. Whether it be 50p or £50 a month it’s something. If every supporter thought the same as yourself by not contributing it just makes fan ownership of club or ground a further distant vision. It also affects the money we can get from grants etc if they match what we have. 

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That was excruciating. 

Felt a bit like pussyfooting around them because they are in their gaff. 

Why wouldn’t he answer during the cast, why does it have to be off camera later? 

Boycott the OEC and EVERY business in there. 

I already do, as much as I want Abdallah out the involvement of FLG and their cosy relationship with Blitz needs calling out.

If the Lemsagams stay, and there is no sign that they won't, then OAFC are royally screwed anyway. 

As the club won't talk to any of the fans groups representatives and are 112 days silent about any pending sale, the only answer is to try and seek assistance from outside agencies. 

I like the idea that Andy Burnham is going to promote some form of investment day - he will be better connected than any of us i assume. Maybe a consortium of localish businesses would be prepared to buy in to a project that is designed to promote Oldham as a business community as well as protecting and promoting Latics and professional sport in the borough. 

What will happen? Who knows but I for one am proud that there are a number of supporters out there who are willing to put their head above the parapet and try and break the bloody stranglehold that the club has been in for 4 years under the Lemsagams and many more under the TTA. 

OAFC will be a long while dead - don't just let it die because you don't like the idea of speaking to Burnham, Blitz etc.  

If OAFC do go under, and it is far from certain they won't - then I am grateful to these lads for at least trying to get our club's plight in the limelight. 

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I already do, as much as I want Abdallah out the involvement of FLG and their cosy relationship with Blitz needs calling out.

Fallen out recently but we are definitely on the same page whilst reading the same book here 

36 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

If the Lemsagams stay, and there is no sign that they won't, then OAFC are royally screwed anyway. 

As the club won't talk to any of the fans groups representatives and are 112 days silent about any pending sale, the only answer is to try and seek assistance from outside agencies. 

I like the idea that Andy Burnham is going to promote some form of investment day - he will be better connected than any of us i assume. Maybe a consortium of localish businesses would be prepared to buy in to a project that is designed to promote Oldham as a business community as well as protecting and promoting Latics and professional sport in the borough. 

What will happen? Who knows but I for one am proud that there are a number of supporters out there who are willing to put their head above the parapet and try and break the bloody stranglehold that the club has been in for 4 years under the Lemsagams and many more under the TTA. 

OAFC will be a long while dead - don't just let it die because you don't like the idea of speaking to Burnham, Blitz etc.  

If OAFC do go under, and it is far from certain they won't - then I am grateful to these lads for at least trying to get our club's plight in the limelight. 

I don’t think anyone would disagree with what you are saying here. Why would they. 

I notice you left out FLG. Good. 

My read on the FLG after tonight is that they aren’t currently a relevant player. If they had something new to bring to the table then I’d have thought it would have come out tonight. 

They had a plan a couple of years ago, it didn’t materialise for various reasons. I don’t see them now as a help or a hinderance so not really worthy of much air time at this stage.

Unless more detail was revealed off mic at the end.  

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

My read on the FLG after tonight is that they aren’t currently a relevant player. If they had something new to bring to the table then I’d have thought it would have come out tonight. 

They had a plan a couple of years ago, it didn’t materialise for various reasons. I don’t see them now as a help or a hinderance so not really worthy of much air time at this stage.

They do good pies 

18 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The problem for me is that FLG currently appear to be another entity taking money out of the club but that it is hard to criticise when PTB and OASF are actively asking fans to starve out ALMO, I cannot think of a reason why the FLG wouldn't openly state that they wish to eventually become part of OASF/FLG long term vision for the club, I'd also like to see them donate a percentage of there earnings to the 1895 fund if they truly are in this for the benefit of OAFC as they originally stated.

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What agreement is in place with them though, are they contributing to the contingency fund? 

35 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

No, sorry, that won’t do.

They effectively caused a lengthy delay in any other action by laying out a ‘plan’ that they said would lead to something significant. 

The OEC and its relationship with Blitz is part of the problem. It’s self serving and it can’t be trusted.

Boycott them.

I was surprised PTB/OASF used Blitz’s asset and the OEC business for this meeting. Now I hope they never even consider doing it again. Stop feeding the parasite. 

Attended this evening 

Stand out points for me being:

Whilst the content was thin its got to be a positive that both the OASF and PtB are actively communicating with supporters and should be applauded

Call to boyott from both groups is clear and supported by our Athleticos so a joined up approach which is good 

Found it a little odd that the FLG were noted on earlier forum updates as being involved but they did not feature 

Christine Seddon the former Blackpool Trust Chair was impressive and held the room extremely well 

Easy to pick at stuff from a distance but everyone at the front having stood up and being prepared to devote their time to help the future of our club has my appreciation for doing so 

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Whatever you think of Blitz he’s not the issue. The issue is AL not responding to potential purchasers. 

There is no “the issue”. There are numerous issues. AL is a huge issue.

Even if AL gets bored and sells… the buyer will then need to meet Blitz’s asking price for the ground. Another huge issue.

They both need smoking out. 

Boycott the OEC and EVERY business in it. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

There is no “the issue”. There are numerous issues. AL is a huge issue.

Even if AL gets bored and sells… the buyer will then need to meet Blitz’s asking price for the ground. Another huge issue.

They both need smoking out. 

Boycott the OEC and EVERY business in it. 

The asking price for the ground is probably about right, and if it’s not then it can be overcome as Blitz is open to sitting around the table and negotiating, clearly. 

AL on the other hand is not responsive, and has no clear intentions of selling the club. That’s the bigger issue here. 

Archived