OASF/PTB joint fans forum

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

One thing I realised after watching last night, is the size of the task those involved in OASF and PTB have taken on. A group of people who've only been working together for a few months, trying to put together an organisation capable of raising millions of investment capital all in their spare time. With a relatively small customer base and regularly coming up against apathy and/or negative snipers.

Fair play to them all for doing this. And I thought the words of the Blackpool representitives were important - ignore the negatives, focus on the positives.

It is an immense undertaking NZ. 

The club is in a right mess, we have a relatively small customer base and demographically its getting smaller. 

All PTB/Foundation can do is try and get some positive momentum going amongst its existing fanbase and try and get some interest externally, hopefully the Andy Burnham initiative will bear fruit and there may be some developments.

Just got to ignore the negativity, if it fails, if fails but at least they have tried    

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I’m surprised a pledge type scheme wasn’t mentioned. I’d only be willing to donate a decent (for me) sum of money to the cause if I knew that others were doing so too and that it would only be triggered once the pot hit a significant milestone at which point the money could be used on something meaningful and tangible (ie purchasing 51% of the ground). 

Aside from that, I agree that the job of fundraising through events etc sits with everyone, however any such event would need the input of PTB/OASF in terms of reach and spreading the word. Again, respect for anyone spending their free time trying to do right by our club.

spoilers 😂

lm halfway thru and expecting this, l'll stop expecting!!

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Egg/chicken, chicken/egg. Pledges are great but they're not money until they are paid. My view is that momentum will only build when a cash balance is demonstrably growing 

I don’t know how these things work but is there not a way a holding account can be set up so the money is ‘paid’ but a guarantee goes with it that it will only be used once the communicated milestone of £x is hit for purpose Y and that it is returned at an agreed point in time (eg when it’s deemed it won’t be needed due to new ownership) if those circumstances aren’t met? 

Maybe I’m overthinking it but I can imagine a Mexican stand off scenario where people willing to donate for a certain purpose don’t donate because their money alone won’t get us there.

28 minutes ago, south east latic said:

I don’t know how these things work but is there not a way a holding account can be set up so the money is ‘paid’ but a guarantee goes with it that it will only be used once the communicated milestone of £x is hit for purpose Y and that it is returned at an agreed point in time (eg when it’s deemed it won’t be needed due to new ownership) if those circumstances aren’t met? 

Maybe I’m overthinking it but I can imagine a Mexican stand off scenario where people willing to donate for a certain purpose don’t donate because their money alone won’t get us there.

It could be but I see it as over complex. The record keeping involved in keeping track of every penny would be very onerous. It's not my call but I will talk to the others and see if we can issue a relevant statement. We knew before yesterday that questions would arise that need clear answers. And as a business account charges would be incurred for each return payment. 

24 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Just subtract the charges from the returned payment?

If, say, 3,000 people give and it all has to be returned I wouldn't be volunteering for the admin! Seriously, it needs to be properly addressed and will be. 

Say the price for the stadium in its entirety is £6m.

If shares were sold for say, £100 each I would buy 2 or 3 immediately, no question, and maybe a few more over the following weeks/months.

I think that would also appeal to local businesses and the wider Oldham townsfolk because we certainly won’t raise the money from the 1200 strong OASF membership!

I’ve  said before, people are not going to just chuck money into what is essentially a black hole, and if they’re buying into it they need to know where their money is going.

If AL bailed, I don’t think the club would be liquidated, there will be plenty of interested parties ready to swoop.

IMO, I think it is essential that we should concentrate on securing the stadium in part or whole and let the club sale look after itself.

This is in no way a dig at OASF as they have done and continue to do such a fantastic job!

I think If fans have something concrete to aim for I’m sure the response would be favourable but their has to be a definite plan in place!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

If shares were sold for say, £100 each I would buy 2 or 3 immediately, no question, and maybe a few more over the following weeks/months.

I think that would also appeal to local businesses and the wider Oldham townsfolk because we certainly won’t raise the money from the 1200 strong OASF membership!

I’ve  said before, people are not going to just chuck money into what is essentially a black hole, and if they’re buying into it they need to know where their money is going.

If AL bailed, I don’t think the club would be liquidated, there will be plenty of interested parties ready to swoop.

IMO, I think it is essential that we should concentrate on securing the stadium in part or whole and let the club sale look after itself.

This is in no way a dig at OASF as they have done and continue to do such a fantastic job!

I think If fans have something concrete to aim for I’m sure the response would be favourable but their has to be a definite plan in place!

Yeah, agreed. 

To me, the number one priority is the ground.

I’d give money to a ‘buy the ground fund’  because if we’ve got BP, we’ve got a club. 

At the minute I’m not exactly sure what the money is for, as a lot was covered last night. The lads mentioned marketing, buying the badge if admin came, being part of a consortium, buying the ground. Id want some something concrete (no pun intended) for my money, not a potential black hole. 

I couldn’t care less about the football or what league we’re in anymore, I do care about the community and having somewhere to call home. 

9 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

To be fair I think that is the plan 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, agreed. 

To me, the number one priority is the ground.

I’d give money to a ‘buy the ground fund’  because if we’ve got BP, we’ve got a club. 

At the minute I’m not exactly sure what the money is for, as a lot was covered last night. The lads mentioned marketing, buying the badge if admin came, being part of a consortium, buying the ground. Id want some something concrete (no pun intended) for my money, not a potential black hole. 

I couldn’t care less about the football or what league we’re in anymore, I do care about the community and having somewhere to call home. 

My understanding from last night is that the fund is for the ground and I’m assuming the £6m target is because that’s been the price quoted before by Blitz if I’m not mistaken. But I do agree, a summary at the end would have been good to make sure everyone was taking away the same message. 

I'll put a caveat around this while stressing that this is entirely my opinion. Issuing shares is a hugely complex legal and regulatory undertaking. I don't see it as at all realistic at this point. 

I've started up monthly pledges I don't think that the fans alone can raise the kind of money we need to raise but I do feel the more money the fans can contribute will  raise OASF profile to help attract donations from businesses who collectively could get us closer to the end goal of forming a consortium which owns or part owns the stadium.

I do also believe that our money is in safe hands, should a potential buyer come in buy out Brassbank and/or ALMO I do believe that the membership will be asked what their opinions are on what the money should be use for wether that's to buy shares in the club or to be used to improve the match day etc

4 hours ago, south east latic said:

I’m surprised a pledge type scheme wasn’t mentioned. I’d only be willing to donate a decent (for me) sum of money to the cause if I knew that others were doing so too and that it would only be triggered once the pot hit a significant milestone at which point the money could be used on something meaningful and tangible (ie purchasing 51% of the ground). 

Aside from that, I agree that the job of fundraising through events etc sits with everyone, however any such event would need the input of PTB/OASF in terms of reach and spreading the word. Again, respect for anyone spending their free time trying to do right by our club.

I agree with this. I would donate a significant amount if I knew I would get a share or 2 when it got used as part purchase of the ground for example, and if not used would come back to me.  Others have mentioned the same.  Why is there no talk about something like this being set up?

I will only give pocket money otherwise.

Is there someone on here, good with spread sheets who is prepared to do an experiment which could show OASF what is possible? We could start a new string, where members on here can post what they would be prepared to pledge on that bases. List everyone who pledges by their handle name and have a running total.  If the result is a useful sum, it may encourage OASF to set up the real thing.

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I agree with this. I would donate a significant amount if I knew I would get a share or 2 when it got used as part purchase of the ground for example, and if not used would come back to me.  Others have mentioned the same.  Why is there no talk about something like this being set up?

I will only give pocket money otherwise.

Is there someone on here, good with spread sheets who is prepared to do an experiment which could show OASF what is possible? We could start a new string, where members on here can post what they would be prepared to pledge on that bases. List everyone who pledges by their handle name and have a running total.  If the result is a useful sum, it may encourage OASF to set up the real thing.

Issuing shares would need to be done by a properly regulated company. The Foundation could seek that status themselves but in my view that would be madness. They could do it via an authorised third party and that would be expensive. I 

15 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'll put a caveat around this while stressing that this is entirely my opinion. Issuing shares is a hugely complex legal and regulatory undertaking. I don't see it as at all realistic at this point. 

I’m not advocating something as complicated as an actual share issue here but something similar so as to keep a track of the money.

An acknowledgment of any monies paid in and to know you are a future part owner of the stadium would be sufficient.

Maybe the contributions could be converted into shares at a later date?

Only way out of this is Blitz submits a winding up petition to put us in Admin and we line a consortium up to buy both the club from admin and stadium from Blitz.

In the meantime we can raise funds to own a percentage of the ground, but we arnt ever raising £6m I’m sorry. Only one way out of this, it’s a bold strategy but it’s short term pain to get our club back and if done correctly we would be far better off. 

57 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Only way out of this is Blitz submits a winding up petition to put us in Admin and we line a consortium up to buy both the club from admin and stadium from Blitz.

In the meantime we can raise funds to own a percentage of the ground, but we arnt ever raising £6m I’m sorry. Only one way out of this, it’s a bold strategy but it’s short term pain to get our club back and if done correctly we would be far better off. 

But all that would do is leave Blitz protected and send the club under as there are no tangible assets to speak of, with the court case still on going I'm not sure Blitz could even instigate admin, I find it strange that so many are happy for the club to effectively fold and giving Blitz their blessing to push for this.

As for lining a consortium up they will surely want to do it their way? I can't imagine anyone coming in would be happy for the supporters group to be calling the shots and dictating where their hard earned goes, it's all pie in the sky for me.

6 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If I pledge a four figure sum to this project how is that money protected, if we get new owners two years down the line and that fund isn't needed then what happens to the money that's been invested?

what actually is the plan if enough cannot be raised to purchase the footprint. 

Secondly this FLG is the elephant in the room, I'd be worried about their influence if/when we were in a position to purchase the stadium, I'm presuming they are not going to just walk away from their interest for the greater good of the club? Why are the empty units not being utilised with all monies generated going in to the pot, what has been their contribution to this contingency seeing as they appear to be making money off the back of the clubs name, there are a million and one questions they need to answer and the request for them to participate last night could be best described as awkward and there is no denying this needs ironing out if we are to move forward. 

I share two of your concerns yarddog

What happens to monies raised definitely needs clarity should the club and stadium be bought outright

For me, any monies raised but not needed should be used to help local community football clubs 

The FLG being noted as being involved on the evening but they didnt present at all was odd particularly as at least one of their known characters was at the forum

Not sure if or how the FLG fit in anymore with the increasing standing of both OASF and PtB amongst the football family and media

3 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I share two of your concerns yarddog

What happens to monies raised definitely needs clarity should the club and stadium be bought outright

For me, any monies raised but not needed should be used to help local community football clubs 

The FLG being noted as being involved on the evening but they didnt present at all was odd particularly as at least one of their known characters was at the forum

Not sure if or how the FLG fit in anymore with the increasing standing of both OASF and PtB amongst the football family and media

It was mentioned Whitehead was there and I saw Brooke at the start of the stream.

26 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The supporters group wouldn’t be calling the shots….they would have a financial interest!

The proposal only asked to vote on buying the stadium and land which you'd take to mean a controlling stake, anything less would presumably have to be voted on again.

49 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

But all that would do is leave Blitz protected and send the club under as there are no tangible assets to speak of, with the court case still on going I'm not sure Blitz could even instigate admin, I find it strange that so many are happy for the club to effectively fold and giving Blitz their blessing to push for this.

As for lining a consortium up they will surely want to do it their way? I can't imagine anyone coming in would be happy for the supporters group to be calling the shots and dictating where their hard earned goes, it's all pie in the sky for me.

It doesn’t send the club under, the business will be sold for the benefit of the creditors it doesn’t need any assets, and that would be the sole purpose of the administrator. 

It changes nothing for Blitz in the slightest. Owning the stadium is a priority, but the biggest issue we have is actually removing AL from the picture. Blitz is openly willing to sell and has pretty much put a value on it - that £6m hasn’t just come from nowhere. 

Think what you want of Blitz, fine. But don’t let that stop you from seeing the way out. 

Archived