Non league! What to expect

Hi everyone. Wrexham fan in peace.  Shafted by owners ourselves. We feel your pain.
 What can you expect in division 5?

First of all its not the hell hole some would have you believe, trust me we’ve been down here 14 years.  Gulp.

What it is though, a tough league to get out of, so called smaller, pub teams ( usually southern based and made up of players released or out on loan by the London clubs) doing their upmost to upset a “big scalp” Shithousery of the highest order, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Officials that quite frankly at times ain’t up to it. Grounds are generally welcoming, you’ll be visiting places you’ve never heard of, the FA trophy will see to that.  You’ll probably be live on BT sports around 3 or 4 times during the season earning a massive 6k per game for the privilege.

Away followings in double figures for the most part, yep, rarely do the southern teams, and there’s

lots of them take more that a few dozen away fans.  The non league paper is a decent read. 
Its not the end of the world folks.  It just feels like it. 

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Hi everyone. Wrexham fan in peace.  Shafted by owners ourselves. We feel your pain.

First of all its not the hell hole some would have you believe, trust me we’ve been down here 14 years.  Gulp.

What it is though, a tough league to get out of, so called smaller, pub teams ( usually southern based and made up of players released or out on loan by the London clubs) doing their upmost to upset a “big scalp” Shithousery of the highest order, you ain’t seen nothing yet. Officials that quite frankly at times ain’t up to it. Grounds are generally welcoming, you’ll be visiting places you’ve never heard of, the FA trophy will see to that.  You’ll probably be live on BT sports around 3 or 4 times during the season earning a massive 6k per game for the privilege.

Away followings in double figures for the most part, yep, rarely do the southern teams, and there’s

lots of them take more that a few dozen away fans.  The non league paper is a decent read. 

14 years, bloody hell.

I would not be surpised in the slightest if we still non league in 14 years.

Here are the teams that contested the 4th Preliminary Rd of the FA Cup this season sorted by tier.

Aldershot Town (5)
Altrincham (5)
Barnet (5)
Boreham Wood (5)
Bromley (5)
Chesterfield (5)
Dagenham & Redbridge (5)
Dover Athletic (5)
Eastleigh (5)
FC Halifax Town (5)
Grimsby Town (5)
King's Lynn Town (5)
Maidenhead United (5)
Notts County (5)
Solihull Moors (5)
Southend United (5)
Stockport County (5)
Torquay United (5)
Wealdstone (5)
Weymouth (5)
Woking (5)
Wrexham (5)
Yeovil Town (5)

Bath City (6)
Boston United (6)
Brackley Town (6)
Chelmsford City (6)
Curzon Ashton (6)
Dartford (6)
Dorking Wanderers (6)
Ebbsfleet United (6)
Gateshead (6)
Guiseley (6)
Hampton & Richmond Borough (6)
Havant & Waterlooville (6)
Hereford (6)
Hungerford Town (6)
Kettering Town (6)
Kidderminster Harriers (6)
Southport (6)
St Albans City (6)
York City (6)

Banbury United (7)
Bowers & Pitsea (7)
Bromsgrove Sporting (7)
Buxton (7)
Corinthian Casuals (7)
Folkestone Invicta (7)
Harrow Borough (7)
Hayes & Yeading United (7)
Horsham (7)
Morpeth Town (7)
Peterborough Sports (7)
Stratford Town (7)
Tamworth (7)
Yate Town (7)

AFC Sudbury (8)
Bedfont Sports (8)
Chertsey Town (8)
Hastings United (8)
Marine (8)
Marske United (8)
Pontefract Collieries (8)
Stamford (8)

• Matt featured this topic
3 hours ago, Red Adair said:

Yeah, but can I drink a pint whilst watching the match? 

Here is a map of grounds including those potentially promoted into Nat League and play off hopefuls who might get prmoted to L2. I've assumed Stockport will get promoted inot L2 and Maidstone into Nat League.

2 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I wouldn't get excited, we've never managed Wembley in the Autowindshield, LDV, Pepperoni pizza cup

This one is only slightly less shit 

Jesus we’re going to be dreaming of the glory days of competing in the Papa Johns trophy. I dread to think of some of the shit cups we’ll be involved in now. 

Archived