Non league! What to expect

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ritchierich said:

Not great that Wrexham will still be NL next year but the again why am I concerned with the top of the table positions?! 

If they concede goals like today we might  have a chance.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

This Wrexham-Grimsby game is a cracker. Loads of shit defending from set-pieces. We're going to fit right in.

I like the look of McAtee. Good young player from Salford.

And despite conceding 4 the Grimsby goalkeeper looed decent.

2 hours ago, bigfatjoe1 said:

This Wrexham-Grimsby game is a cracker. Loads of shit defending from set-pieces. We're going to fit right in.

I like the look of McAtee. Good young player from Salford.

He has also played for Ashton United and Curzon Ashton.

On 5/28/2022 at 4:24 PM, BP1960 said:

If they concede goals like today we might  have a chance.

To be fair mate we were without two of our better centre  halves through injury. 
Expecting a few to be shipped out in the coming weeks. 

Season starts Saturday Aug 6th btw. 

Be prepared for short notice fixture changes

In fairness it was just one pub. I’ve never paid anything like that in London. £4 is fairly typical in Maidstone with two Wetherspoons in town cheaper, and Doom Bar for £2.30 in the local Craft Union pub. There is a new real ale bar in town charging £6 or £7 a pint, but it’s always empty and has just gone part time.

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

In fairness it was just one pub. I’ve never paid anything like that in London. £4 is fairly typical in Maidstone with two Wetherspoons in town cheaper, and Doom Bar for £2.30 in the local Craft Union pub. There is a new real ale bar in town charging £6 or £7 a pint, but it’s always empty and has just gone part time.

I made the mistake of drinking in Knightsbridge in 2005, £24 for two glasses of wine... Christ knows what it costs now 

5 hours ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

I made the mistake of drinking in Knightsbridge in 2005, £24 for two glasses of wine... Christ knows what it costs now 

A previous boss I worked for back in 2015 took us down to meet the auditor a man who it would not be an exaggeration to say was a ginger Boris Johnson. We actually went to the Carlton club in Mayfair which is also Tory Party Headquarters £25 a glass of wine it costs I wasn't paying that night thank god and that's very much a one off experience, But it was an eye opening experience to how how the other half live.

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

A previous boss I worked for back in 2015 took us down to meet the auditor a man who it would not be an exaggeration to say was a ginger Boris Johnson. We actually went to the Carlton club in Mayfair which is also Tory Party Headquarters £25 a glass of wine it costs I wasn't paying that night thank god and that's very much a one off experience, But it was an eye opening experience to how how the other half live.

That's why they bring their own bottles to their illegal parties. 

10 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Maybe it was good wine?  I enjoyed sharing a magnum of Petrus at Glyndebourne a couple of years back.  Retails at £3,500 for a standard bottle.  No, I wasn't paying but as it was from the cellar of a lady who lives just over the hill near Meltham what should we make of that...? :)

My local working man’s club is still £2.60 a pint. Got a couple of ales from Reedley Hallows brewery in Burnley. It’s very good.

Solihull Moors vs Grimsby in the NL playoff final today, 3pm KO on BT Sports.

17 hours ago, disjointed said:

You don't come across as a pretentious yuppie. 

19 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Could have been pint glasses though to be fair.

🤣🤣 the gf at the time had booked one of Gordon Ramseys restaurants in the area

Turns out my £24 was the better side of the deal by the end of the night 

Archived