BPAS PODCAST: 25th Apr '22 Episode 81: The Relegation Episode

Goodbye EFL, now to say goodbye to the Lemsagam's and their associates. Make sure you attend or listen to the Fans Forum on the 12th May, when OASF, PTB & the FLG will present their plan for saving OAFC and answer your questions.

You can now support the pod by paying a monthly subscription of just £2.99 via this link https://anchor.fm/bp-alert/subscribe. All the regular episodes will remain free to everyone.

You can also support us by visiting https://www.oafcpodcast.co.uk, subscribing to our mailing list and purchasing from our online shop.

Follow the show on Twitter, Instagram & Facebook @oafcpodcast.

Download and listen to the podcast via the FanHub app, where content creators and fans alike are rewarded for getting involved #ctg.

You can find out more about Push The Boundary by visiting them at www.pushtheboundary.co.uk and following on Twitter @PTB_OAFC. Find out more about OASF at www.oldhamathleticsupportersfoundation.com where you can also donate to the 1895 Fund.

Title music is by Manchester DJ and producer Starion find out more at www.redlaserrecords.bandcamp.com

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good episode.

Balanced plea.

What more can you do? Nothing.

The bit about attendances. We will have triple digit home attendances next season and it will look embarrassing so we need a boycott announcement and none stop boycot talk. We will shift about 500 season tickets and get a few hundred pay on dayers inc. away fans.

Announce Away Games Only policy

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Good episode.

Balanced plea.

What more can you do? Nothing.

The bit about attendances. We will have triple digit home attendances next season and it will look embarrassing so we need a boycott announcement and none stop boycot talk. We will shift about 500 season tickets and get a few hundred pay on dayers inc. away fans.

Announce Away Games Only policy

And then go back on it when the club appoint a manager they like...?

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

And then go back on it when the club appoint a manager they like...?

Who else can they even appoint now who the fans will like?  They've been through everyone else.  Shez was the last hope of that, no one else will appease fans now.

If there's even a whiff of the Lemsagams still being here come August then Shez should resign before his contract expires.

4 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Who else can they even appoint now who the fans will like?  They've been through everyone else.  Shez was the last hope of that, no one else will appease fans now.

If there's even a whiff of the Lemsagams still being here come August then Shez should resign before his contract expires.

If Barry is still involved, which it sounds like he is, then I wouldn't be surprised if they go all out to keep Sheridan...

"News" coming up on Talksport according to Jim White

Unless it's something along the lines of 

"Myself and my brother accept we are fuckwits and the club is up for sale at £1.

Additionally as a sign of contrition and pennance, we both agree to spend the next 10 years cleaning our bollocks with stinging nettles

Yours 

Coco and Mo"

They can get knotted 

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

They've agreed to sell the club....

To Mike Halliwell and Barry Owen 

Horrible feeling that Barry's Teutonic expedition has been 'successful'

55 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

"News" coming up on Talksport according to Jim White

Unless it's something along the lines of 

"Myself and my brother accept we are fuckwits and the club is up for sale at £1.

Additionally as a sign of contrition and pennance, we both agree to spend the next 10 years cleaning our bollocks with stinging nettles

Yours 

Coco and Mo"

They can get knotted 

What was the news…any idea?

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I can't see it with these owners

100% agree

I fear the news will be of some kind of change at the top, and I fear it might be unpopular.

But lets all wait and hear all the facts, if they have the balls to inform us,  before we have a major meltdown.

That was a difficult listen. The situation you are in is just so awful, it hardly bears thinking about. 

All the warnings about the football challenge that were made on the Pod are well-founded, I think. This season, Southend also wandered into the NL seemingly with no plan for getting out of it and before Christmas a further relegation looked very much on the cards. It was only when they brought in a manager who knows the Division and made a modest investment that they recovered to where they are now - which is safe, but a mile away from getting back to the EFL. I guess you would settle for that now. It is the hardest Division there is, in terms of getting out of it at the right end, even for seasoned competitors like Chesterfield, Wrexham, Notts County and even Halifax, who all know what is needed and probably have a lot more financial clout than you will have. And there a dozen more smaller clubs who might not have big crowds, but do have an operating model that makes them resilient and resourceful. 

Even so, the bigger and more intractable challenges are off the field, as everyone knows. I fully agree with the sentiments about starving the owner out - it is clear he has no inclination to invest significant sums in the club and its infrastructure. I can't see any way that he can be part of the future, or the immediate and necessary planning that has to take place NOW, before the transfer window re-opens. But it will need a concerted effort, and a lot of painful sacrifices to make it happen. I've been a season ticket holder at Bloomfield Road off and on (mainly on) since 1970, so I know how hard it is to give that up. But sometimes the least worst decision is the only one you can make.

It's a fight that has to be fought on multiple fronts, and as was said on the Pod, you may not have  (probably haven't) bottomed out yet. The work behind the scenes always falls to a few people (it is the way these things work), but everyone can make a contribution even if it is not buying that season ticket, or (better still), chucking your season ticket money into the rescue fund. 

I think the Fans Forum is presciently timed, and hopefully it will go well. I know we are going to be represented and hopefully we can find ways to be practically helpful as you go on, rather than merely offering moral support.

Archived