BPAS PODCAST: 25th Apr '22 Episode 81: The Relegation Episode

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

If Barry is still involved, which it sounds like he is, then I wouldn't be surprised if they go all out to keep Sheridan...

Nothing would surprise me anymore, but if Barry is involved then we as fans should go all out to get Shez to reject any offer.

Coming back in January was for the greater good, managing us under the current regime from the start of next season wouldn't be.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is still 6mill too much it's worthless.

While a sale being likely to happen is a good thing it really depends who it's too.

If it is the Barry Consortium then I'm praying he is merely the facilitator/Broker and not going to have any long term involvement. If he is involved then I'm going to be asking how many Latics fans have been mowing down Black Cats or walking under ladders we can't be that unlucky to get another appalling owner.

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

While a sale being likely to happen is a good thing it really depends who it's too.

If it is the Barry Consortium then I'm praying he is merely the facilitator/Broker and not going to have any long term involvement. If he is involved then I'm going to be asking how many Latics fans have been mowing down Black Cats or walking under ladders we can't be that unlucky to get another appalling owner.

The stench is an ex copper, he’s not got the finance himself. However if he is the face for a consortium, then that’s us dead and buried. 

13 minutes ago, League one forever said:

So basically- the news is. 

Jim believes from somebody at the club that a sale will go through. 

Wonder if he met Moralle at the boxing on Saturday. 

Morallee and @PeteG - sorry, I mean hotel4u - were at the boxing on Saturday... 

The recent connection with investment from Germany looks the most likely to me. I just can’t see the Royle interest coming to anything with this lot and can’t help thinking that, unfortunately, Owen will be heavily involved once again!

It wouldn’t be my choice, however, anything has to be better than what we have surely.

You have to question why AL has left the sale until after relegation because as Simon Jordan has just said, the club in its present state, being in the NL is worthless and if he was buying the it would only be prepared to take on the debts and not pay anything for the club!!

9 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

If he's brokered something then I would imagine he'll have brokered himself into the deal somehow. My guess would be chairman/chief exec, that kind of thing. National League North next season then?!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If he's brokered something then I would imagine he'll have brokered himself into the deal somehow. My guess would be chairman/chief exec, that kind of thing. National League North next season then?!

National League AND Barry Owen as chairman??

No thanks I'll spend Saturdays eating my toenails 

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If Shitpeas is involved with our club in any way, shape or form, then that's me done. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

If Shitpeas is involved with our club in any way, shape or form, then that's me done. 

He really is like the fucking Joker isn't he? Not only is a clown but no matter how many times he's defeated he rocks up again like a fart in a lift cackling at his next dastardly plan 

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

anybody any idea wt time of the show it was?

Skip forward to 19 minutes in its the last segment.

21 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It depends what roll he plays here if you were an investor would you trust someone with a proven track record of failure and someone with a long history of antagonising your potential customer base and put it him front and centre of your investment and trust him with your money? No me neither. It could be an interim role it could be a non executive role. He's 75 this won't be good for his health being involved in this. If he wants a seat in the Directors box at games he can have one but it's not worth it to him to have any long term day to day involvement.

Don't do it Barry.

41 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The recent connection with investment from Germany looks the most likely to me. I just can’t see the Royle interest coming to anything with this lot and can’t help thinking that, unfortunately, Owen will be heavily involved once again!

It wouldn’t be my choice, however, anything has to be better than what we have surely.

You have to question why AL has left the sale until after relegation because as Simon Jordan has just said, the club in its present state, being in the NL is worthless and if he was buying the it would only be prepared to take on the debts and not pay anything for the club!!

Can't agree with the part in bold.

If Barry is still involved there's a fair chance that things will be just as bad I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Getting these 🤡🤡’s out is absolutely imperative. I can’t stand BO but I would willingly put up with him if it meant we have our club back. 

No, no, no.  This would be, at best, a sideways step.  The club wouldn't survive that. We have to get this right. 

We need a completely new set of people on board.

If it happens with Owen, I can see media sympathy declining, claiming "the fans are never happy".

The club's relationship with the fans has been destroyed over the last few years, it must be at an all time low.  For starters, Barry Owen has played a key role over the last few years. And also, he's never shown any interest in creating or maintaining a positive relationship between club and fans.  He's actively been involved in banning fans. In any communication he's done nothing but attack or deride the fans. 

It would be an absolute disaster on that basis alone, before you even get into his competence or lack of.

AL will sell to whoever he likes subject to EFL approval and if BO is involved in some way there isn’t much we can do about it. He’s 75 now and so he’s not going to be at the club forever.

I would much rather it be the Royle/fans consortium or a.n.other but it’s out of our hands isn’t it?

27 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Getting these 🤡🤡’s out is absolutely imperative. I can’t stand BO but I would willingly put up with him if it meant we have our club back. 

I'd rather have Abdallah and Mo still here than BO. In fact they could field a team of Sefils and I'd prefer that over BO being in charge. 

BO changing his tune to suit his current interests in the last few weeks sums him up. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Morallee and @PeteG - sorry, I mean hotel4u - were at the boxing on Saturday... 

I would have expected Morallee to be at the boxing on Saturday as he no doubt had one of his boxers on the undercard and one of his main fighters in either number 1 or 2 contender for the heavyweight title but I certainly wasn't there not sure about hotel4u?? I went to watch Curzon and then had my slippers on enjoying a Chinese with the Mrs i picked up on the way back.

Archived