Relegation Protest

All for protesting but this isn’t really going to impact that much. ALMO won’t be there, and it will be the poor club staff who have to deal with it all.

I’m firmly in the belief the only option is literally to starve the club of income and force them to sell via them being hit in the pocket to cover club expenses over summer. Although that does put us at risk or extinction I can’t see anything else being quick enough to stop next year being a farce also as they won’t sell atm unless they get what they want and I can’t see them funding a decent squad for next year. I’m behind people wanting to go to games and buy season tickets but really we should be pushing to make people delay all purchases until late in summer so the income is as low as poss and the owners feel the pain. These protests peaceful or not aren’t going to have the impact needed to force these clowns to cut losses and go quickly. 

17 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

All for protesting but this isn’t really going to impact that much. ALMO won’t be there, and it will be the poor club staff who have to deal with it all.

I’m firmly in the belief the only option is literally to starve the club of income and force them to sell via them being hit in the pocket to cover club expenses over summer. Although that does put us at risk or extinction I can’t see anything else being quick enough to stop next year being a farce also as they won’t sell atm unless they get what they want and I can’t see them funding a decent squad for next year. I’m behind people wanting to go to games and buy season tickets but really we should be pushing to make people delay all purchases until late in summer so the income is as low as poss and the owners feel the pain. These protests peaceful or not aren’t going to have the impact needed to force these clowns to cut losses and go quickly. 

So we all just sit at home and remain silent then? Yes we have to starve them of money but we have to be visual and vocal as well. Get the peaceful protest all over the news and social media and show the world that they are destroying our club

With all respect to them at this moment fuck the staff. They can call in sick in a moment of unity if they wish.

Increase the police and stewarding costs. More publicity. Chance to let the players know as what we think. Excellent idea.

Whatever goes on it must cost the club (Abdallah) money.

2 hours ago, Clifford said:

With all respect to them at this moment fuck the staff. 

Correct. They'll only tell us that everything is heading in the right direction under this ownership, only for them to come out and say "actually, you were right in the first place." F every single one of them.

As for the protest, there's 3 from this house who will be there...

3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

The "poor club staff" left long ago 

All that's left is Ronseal and the other AL Minions

54 minutes ago, Chaddyexile84 said:

The "poor club staff" left long ago 

All that's left is Ronseal and the other AL Minions

Judging by their very quick exit from the directors box on Saturday I don't think any of the AL minions will be showing their faces if fans are allowed in for the Crawley game.

FWIW I think the EFL will tell the club not to let any home fans in against Crawley.

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Judging by their very quick exit from the directors box on Saturday I don't think any of the AL minions will be showing their faces if fans are allowed in for the Crawley game.

FWIW I think the EFL will tell the club not to let any home fans in against Crawley.

I agree 

To both points 

5 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Boycotting and attending a protest are not mutually exclusive you know. Both can happen. 

walk down from town center carry on the theme from tranmere  of  fans in all black bring the coffin along again new orleans jazz band out front playing oh when the blues  make it a proper funeral do a lap of the stadium making lots of noise then and protest outside the main stand as before 

lots of striking visuals for the media to print etc 

On 4/25/2022 at 2:34 PM, Careca9 said:

A good post.

Captures, for the most part, the dilemma that faces many fans. 

However I do believe that a final game protest, if organised properly, can have a huge impact. 

Wearing clown masks will ensure that facial recognition techniques will be ineffective.

Archived