Club Statement 25.04.22

"The club's owner remains committed to selling the club. There is a clear process in place for interested parties. Each bidder has been asked to sign an NDA and provide proof of funds. Conversations with those qualified bidders are ongoing and will continue."

They also want to keep Shez as manager.

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2022/april/25042022-statement

Edited by LaticMark

Shez may tell him yes, but only if Mo fucks off... Which he won't do obviously

The Playing budget will be the same so how the hell do we expect to build an entirely new squad which can compete on peanuts and whilst we have the debt we have.

Why were none of the so called Board in attendance Saturday.

Basically who gives a shit what garbage they spout out...no we will not back the club anymore whilst the current inept Directors and owners remain.

Now just Piss Off you leeches.

Sorry for my abusive language for those offended.🙄

Club statements 23

Wins 9

What a club.

The budget will remain unchanged splendid! More shite coming playing for us then. They seem to be under the impression that if they throw a contract under Sheridans nose he will sign it. He's going to need more than an unchanged budget.

It took them 48 hours and we all knew what they said would be bollocks and it is.

Looking forward to the banter when the retained list is in place when new contracts are given to Diarra Fage and Hopcutt.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Who writes crap like that??  I wonder...

It's all so predictable isn't it? Fans love Shez therefore keep Shez = no protests 🤪

Next thing we'll be trying to sign ex-cons and cheap frees who had 1 good game against us this season.

• Like 1

I feel sorry for Shez, here.  He might want to right a wrong, but they obviously want to keep him to appease the fans, when he doesn't really have a chance.  He can be the face, voice and manager of the club because no one else above has the balls/interest to do it.

I hope he tells them to shove the contract up their arse, but even more respect to the man if he wants to give it a go.

• Like 1

I was really hoping they'd just stay silent and make no more shit promises. As much as I love the bloke Shez isn't the one to lead us back to the holy land that is L2. He nearly tanked Chesterfield in similar circumstances. On the flip side though, who on earth would take the job if he doesn't want it? In a dream world we get new ownership and persuade Wild to come back... a penny for his thoughts right now.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Witty said:

"The Board and staff are committed to working hard to restore our rightful position in League Football."

Oh OK

Yep that's a scary statement in itself.

It's unbelievable the way they try to make a distinction between the board, and the owner. They must think we were born yesterday.

It would be good to know how S/T sales are going - or hopefully not going.

The fact there's no form of apology to the fans in there is appauling.

Does anyone know or have an idea of the budget versus the likes of Wrexham, Notts County, Halifax, etc.?

In regards to Shez, feels like it's being mentioned to try and keep people on board as it implies nothing has been agreed and it's merely an intention to negotiate. Buzz words.

1 minute ago, No Pyro No Party said:

The fact there's no form of apology to the fans in there is appauling.

Does anyone know or have an idea of the budget versus the likes of Wrexham, Notts County, Halifax, etc.?

In regards to Shez, feels like it's being mentioned to try and keep people on board as it implies nothing has been agreed and it's merely an intention to negotiate. Buzz words.

Budgets don't matter as long as the club is run well.

3 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Quite worrying that they see the guy who has taken 8 points from 42 as the one to take it forward...

It’s the players who’ve taken 8 points from 42!

They obviously think the appointment of Shez on a new contract will continue to boost crowds when it quite definitely will not!

33 minutes ago, No Pyro No Party said:

Wrexham are miles above us budgetwise.  The likes of Paul Mullin, Ollie Palmer, Ben Tozer are going to be on more than £800pw.  If they don't go up this season, the owners will splash the cash next season - no way we are competing with them financially.

Notts County signed Matt Palmer on a two year contract recently.  Again, hard to believe they are paying peanuts like we are, and they're averaging nearly 7,000 on their gate.

Halifax are only getting 2,000 even though they're having an excellent season, and don't have a big backer.  In an ideal world I expect we will have a bigger budget than them, but I'm not sure we'll spend it better than them.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

If Shez has the clubs best interests at heart he should step away until new owners are in place of course these fuckwits want him leading the team he adds 3000 on to the gate.

Agreed. New owners must be the first step. Talk about budgets is silly at this stage if the club is really up for sale.