Club Statement 25.04.22

I half expected them to lay into the fans for the pitch invasion, so there's a tiny positive there that they realised that would be the worst thing to say right now.

The announcement that we will have the same budget is a death knell.  Having to build an entire new squad on the peanuts we are paying will see us in a relegation fight next season.

We're up against settled teams with bigger budgets and decent players and managers for that division.  A bargain basement squad with one half-striker is going straight down.

To be honest, I'd rather spare Shez the ignominy.  Let him ride off into the sunset in Spain.

• Like 1

No manager has a chance if that useless t**t Mo has any input.

Reckon Wild would be a good shout if allowed to build his own squad. Done a good job helping Halifax punch above their financial weight but, whatever happens, it is arrogant to assume we will reclaim our "rightful" EFL place in a hurry. 

Every time we have a crisis you can guarantee that they will come out with a CLUB STATEMENT,  giving us the same old crap, reeling off lots of sound bites that they believe we want to hear.

Just shut up, and let us know when the Lemmies have departed. Because, until then, very few fans will give a monkies.

And until then, or heaven forbid he is still here at the start of next season, they really will find out how many fans they have Royally pissed off.

Edited by 100milesaway

I've run the statement through the Barry Owen Translator app...

Dear plebs,

The board accepts responsibility but it's not our fault.

I want to sound like I know a bit about league procedures.

I don't think you'll be able to figure out that the "same budget" is still probably bottom half of the conference.

I think that pretending to retain Shez will stop protests at the last 2 games and sell some season tickets.

We're close to selling the club, but not really.

Give us your money or you're killing the club.

• Like 19

14 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I've run the statement through the Barry Owen Translator app...

Dear plebs,

The board accepts responsibility but it's not our fault.

I want to sound like I know a bit about league procedures.

I don't think you'll be able to figure out that the "same budget" is still probably bottom half of the conference.

I think that pretending to retain Shez will stop protests at the last 2 games and sell some season tickets.

We're close to selling the club, but not really.

Give us your money or you're killing the club.

💯

A shameful statement to round off a shameful season. Said all along I'd rather hear nothing from them than crap like that.

They think Sheridan staying on will keep fans happy and I'd hazard a guess that they're not far wrong with large sections of the fanbase. He is not the answer to build a squad for promotion. His track record since his previous stints have shown that. Did a great firefighting job here twice and at Fleetwood, but we need to move on...

• Like 1

I'd be ok with Shez. He'll know the script with Mo, he can set ground rules from the off. Of the players on contract he will know all about them.

The news the budget remains the same despite guaranteed major losses in income just shows how little they have spent.

We will still be a big draw and for the majority of club in the conference if our wage offer is the same as most clubs the player will pick us.

New owners is a dream but if that comes off for me we have to go and get Wildy back.

• Like 1

• Matt featured this topic
1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Arrogant, tone deaf, wilfully ignorant.

Sounds like Barry Owen wrote that statement. Because you just summed him up with your comments. Steve Brown is another one who shouldn't be anywhere near the club. Brags about working for the Oystens at Blackpool as a badge of honour, considering one of the Oystens is a convicted rapist.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ShireBlue said:

Clean sweep needed. Owner, board, manager, playing squad.

If the right owners were in place I'd be more than happy for Shez to come back and give it a go.

When I say come back, I mean that he should outright reject any offer that the Lemsagams and Barry offer him.

• Like 1

As I see it the only item of value at BP was an EFL 92 place and that’s gone. Many of our players are not National League standard imo. With the existing ownership I expect Season ticket sales will fall and away fan income will drop. Unless the owners put a lot more money into the club our budget will be lower and possibly bottom half of the Conference. If Latics do survive the summer I think they will struggle in the National League.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm told Sheridan has already accepted the offer and it's done and dusted. Will probably be announced in a press conference on Wednesday

Sheridan needs to realise we still have massive issues with our owners. If he takes the job on, unfortunately he is not going to get anything like the level of support he’s enjoyed over the last few months.

Fans are sick and tired of the constant bull shit spewed out by these twats. They only ever speak to fans, usually via a club statement, only when it’s absolutely necessary and usually following a major disaster or the latest debacle.

They couldn’t care less about the club and the fans. Not that I’m arsed but the sporting director has spent more time at Old Trafford than Boundary Park lately and our owner Abdallah hasn’t shown his face at the club at all this calendar year.

If a sale is imminent and Shez knows then fair enough if not then walk away Shez….because if these absolute twats are here for another season things are only going in one direction!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

I'd love to hear and read your blueprint for solving the problems you face. Can you sketch it out for me?

I can't solve the off field stuff Bas, only a multimillionaire can do that.

On the pitch this is a chance to reset and appoint a young progressive coach who advocates attacking football played on the floor and give them a chance to build a team supporters enjoy watching and can be proud of.