OA95 Athleticos - Statement - 25th of April

The Athleticos have been nothing but absolutely superb since Sheridan returned and seeing the RRE bouncing brought a lump to my throat on Saturday.

Short term pain for long term gain hopefully... 

Abdallah, Flat Cap, Morallee, Ronseal, I hope at least one of you follow this board or that the pie eating parasite feeds back to you because what you have done to this club is criminal

Take your "Club statement" and stick it so far up your arse you can taste the same shit you are feeding us 

My concern for next season is if the club will refuse to sell away tickets other than to season ticket holders or those buying home tickets…..I think we will need to engage with the National League teams ahead of each game to see if they will perhaps work through our fans group in some way to make away tickets available POTD or at least online and always open to all Latics fans with, ideally, zero ticket sales via the club

I think this is something PTB, BPAS and the Foundation should be looking at soon 

44 minutes ago, Ritchierich said:

My concern for next season is if the club will refuse to sell away tickets other than to season ticket holders or those buying home tickets…..I think we will need to engage with the National League teams ahead of each game to see if they will perhaps work through our fans group in some way to make away tickets available POTD or at least online and always open to all Latics fans with, ideally, zero ticket sales via the club

I think this is something PTB, BPAS and the Foundation should be looking at soon 

Not many NL teams will turn down monies from significant ticket sales, as you say though somebody needs to be liaising with our opponents in advance.

Fair play to the lads and lasses though, they've had the piss taken out of them all season by the club.

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Painful but necessary. Home crowds around 900. Proper none league 😂.

That high? I’d be surprised under this ownership. 

Boycott the club, boycott the stadium including OEC. Boycott every business associated with the club. Everyone involved needs to feel pain. 

I’ll find it really, really easy not to go now that we’ve been relegated and that won’t change until the ownership changes. 

Most of you will know this is not my style, but I’m done…and I hope most feel the same. 

26 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Boycott the club, boycott the stadium including OEC. Boycott every business associated with the club. Everyone involved needs to feel pain. 

I’ll find it really, really easy not to go now that we’ve been relegated and that won’t change until the ownership changes. 

Most of you will know this is not my style, but I’m done…and I hope most feel the same. 

yeah l can see the criwds bein the pizza sheild types

2 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

This if we don’t find a decent owner ahead of next season 👍

2 hours ago, AnthonyOAFC said:

I sincerely hope that:

1. We have new owners in place ahead of our inaugural National League season

2. Any new owners are decent people and understand what the club means to the fans

3. The owners review the ticket pricing structure for 16-18 year olds

4. The owners recognise the superb role that the Athleticos play for the club and support them totally

As a main stand upper I salute every single one of you - you have done the club proud and I hope that the Athleticos go from strength to strength next season.

44 minutes ago, OL9erlatic said:

Fair enough, I can't blame them at all, as others have noted they have been excellent since Shez returned. Only positive is won't have to hear that awful Allez, Allez, Allez song again. 

I have to agree about the Allez song.

Everytime I hear it I just think of all the annoying plastic liverpool fans I know. 

Thats my only criticism of the Athleticos, other than that they are the new generation of what I was,  stood in the Chaddy in the 70s & 80s.

Well done boys and girls you have been the best thing about the club recently.

11 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Out of interest- 

Would you have gone next season if we stayed up? 

Its commercial sucide not 
to review the pricing structure for our younger supporters

Hundreds would become ‘fans4life’ if you treat them well. 

Its absolute bonkers not to review it 
The biggest challenges for any commercial business is not only trying to retain its existing customers but to attract new customers 
We have them packed in the JFS Section 3 and many in other parts of the ground 
A life fan is worth c£5000

1 minute ago, tGWB said:

Its commercial sucide not 
to review the pricing structure for our younger supporters

Hundreds would become ‘fans4life’ if you treat them well. 

Its absolute bonkers not to review it 
The biggest challenges for any commercial business is not only trying to retain its existing customers but to attract new customers 
We have them packed in the JFS Section 3 and many in other parts of the ground 
A life fan is worth c£5000

It seems there are 2 possible trains of thought with the shift in pricing... punitive or exploitative. Either they want to punish them for the protests or they think they'll keep coming come what may and so can make a few extra quid off them.

Either of those reasons are stupid and short term thinking, so it's no surprise at all that it's backfired.  Good on the Athleticos for taking this stance.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It seems there are 2 possible trains of thought with the shift in pricing... punitive or exploitative. Either they want to punish them for the protests or they think they'll keep coming come what may and so can make a few extra quid off them.

Either of those reasons are stupid and short term thinking, so it's no surprise at all that it's backfired.  Good on the Athleticos for taking this stance.

Many other youngsters around the ground that if treated well could become fans for life 

Most of us started that way 

6 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Many other youngsters around the ground that if treated well could become fans for life 

Most of us started that way 

Exactly. But that's the way things have been done for a while. It's a miracle the Athleticos have turned out in such numbers recently, there's not been much encouragement for them from the club. And as they have pointed out, the club is more than happy to use photos and videos of them in promotional material, but yet do not want to work with them when it comes to their displays of support or put in pricing to encourage young people. So out of touch.

The Athleticos have made trips to Boundary Park under this regime palatable again. 

I admire their enthusiasm but most of all I love the way that this generation love their club like I loved it when I started 50 years ago. 

In our day, nothing was organised but it was seen as a rite of passage joining up with the singers in the Chaddy End, still a fair few of us now who still go (or would do but for Abdallah) but many have died or fallen by the wayside as life took a different turn. 

Never give up supporting Latics fellas, you will hopefully outlast these numbnuts who "run" the club (into the ground??). 

Thanks for proving that this generation still cares about Latics and for doing your best to make a good atmosphere in spite of the pressures / issues that you and all of us have faced     

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

This, this and this.

It's always been the most effective influence we can have on hastening the departure of this regime.

I just hope it's not now all too late.

I've not always agreed with the Athleticos' ideals and methods ( the timing of the pitch invasion on Saturday; sexist and negative chanting and necessitating me to move seats when they were re-positioned 🙄 ) but can only applaud this statement and them for providing the only brightspots in this dire season.

To keep their enthusiasm and energy when given little encouragement from the team and none whatsoever from the management took some doing and I take my hat off to you all and look forward to being slightly narked by your antics when we all return to support the team we love. 💓 💓 💓

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I've not always agreed with the Athleticos' ideals and methods ( the timing of the pitch invasion on Saturday; sexist and negative chanting and necessitating me to move seats when they were re-positioned 🙄 ) but can only applaud this statement and them for providing the only brightspots in this dire season.

To keep their enthusiasm and energy when given little encouragement from the team and none whatsoever from the management took some doing and I take my hat off to you all and look forward to being slightly narked by your antics when we all return to support the team we love. 💓 💓 💓

The young lads I know who are part of this group are thoroughly decent young people who are passionate supporters of Oldham Athletic and that is good enough for me.  I was not sure what future support base the club might have given the demographical changes over years, the loss of traditional Latics "heartland" and the relative dearth of opportunities for employment and social enjoyment in the town that previously existed in previous generations. 

I trust that the Athleticos and similar will ensure that OAFC does not just become a memory and that the current & future generations will love their Latics like we and previous generations have always done.            

Archived