OA95 Athleticos - Statement - 25th of April

2 hours ago, wiseowl said:

This, this and this.

It's always been the most effective influence we can have on hastening the departure of this regime.

I just hope it's not now all too late.

The weird thing is their will be people who will have already bought season tickets believing they are somehow loyal and that its a badge of honour.

What are you being loyal to lads? They don't care about you just take a look at that statement. Shut up support the club and give us your money we won't reduce the budget honest.

49 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The weird thing is their will be people who will have already bought season tickets believing they are somehow loyal and that its a badge of honour.

What are you being loyal to lads? They don't care about you just take a look at that statement. Shut up support the club and give us your money we won't reduce the budget honest.

Same budget so same quality of players will be recruited by the Sporting Director they should say.

Good statement, it's been really encouraging seeing more and more youngsters attending games and creating a proper atmosphere despite everything going on with the club. As usual, the weapons grade bellends running the club, rather than trying to use this positively, have managed to disillusion them to the point of boycott. We need these dickheads out, now.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I have one, trust me it's no badge of honour but it's my choice, you really should respect the fact that not everyone thinks the same way you do, people will attend for a number of reasons as many have covered, personally it's the only time my family really get together and that means more to me than the score/owner/division on a Saturday afternoon, lifes too short to deprive myself of one of my great passions.

Hats off to anyone making a stand - I won't judge anyone though. 

A point aside - I am aware the club have banned the drum.

At FGR on Good Friday the club had build a special stand for their drummer - shows how to encourage the junior fans!!

I sit in peace and tranquility in the North Stand and think for the past season The Athleticos have been superb in creating an atmosphere and I would credit them with increasing the tempo and the points tally (even if its so low).

The brothers grim and Red Fleece and any other hangers on need to get a grip on reality - before they leave for pastures new.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I have one, trust me it's no badge of honour but it's my choice, you really should respect the fact that not everyone thinks the same way you do, people will attend for a number of reasons as many have covered, personally it's the only time my family really get together and that means more to me than the score/owner/division on a Saturday afternoon, lifes too short to deprive myself of one of my great passions.

This is not a personal dig at you yard dog, but for people who have similar reasons to buy a season ticket, you can buy it later when it is clear that present owners have sold the club. You will then be contributing to the new owners war chest.   If that doesn’t work out, there will be no panic to buy, there are plenty of them!

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Look I understand that going to Latics is about spending time with Family that's what it's been about for me too for the best part of 30 years. I had a season ticket with my Dad every season from 1991-92 up until 2019-20 with one exception where I was living outside the  country. My Saturdays for most of my life have consisted of me my Dad my brother driving from Glossop upto Royton Park at my Aunties then after the game go back in and have a drink and something to eat. Unfortunately my Auntie my passed away in 2021 so we no longer go round there. We've stopped getting season tickets for now. Me my Dad and my brother can spend time doing other things together. We are fairly close but not too close. We will probably all be back in a heartbeat if a takeover goes through this summer. When the time comes I hope to be able to take my own kids to Boundary Park hopefully with my Dad and my brother. 

But at this time I'm not prepared to spend QT with my family at Boundary Park I'd rather spend time with them doing other things that didn't make me angry. These people have taken advantage of people's loyalty and it sickens me. Why I have probably such disdain for Barry Owen is that as someone from the town he should understand what this club means to people and that's it's something that's passed down through the generations. The other 3 Mo AL and Moralee will probably leave this town and never come back, they will never understand what this club means to the people. He's got no excuse he's from here.

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

This is not a personal dig at you yard dog, but for people who have similar reasons to buy a season ticket, you can buy it later when it is clear that present owners have sold the club. You will then be contributing to the new owners war chest.   If that doesn’t work out, there will be no panic to buy, there are plenty of them!

Fair point, I'll consider that next season when Abdallah is feeding us the same shite as we go down to Conference North. (joke)

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a fair point. I've had one this season - won't be next season as things stand - and it's certainly been no "badge of honour" to see us lose to Barrow, Harrogate, Sutton etc. People should be free to make their own decisions, but it appears those who have chosen to boycott (or boycott until they decide they like the manager the club have appointed) love to use it as a stick to beat Season Ticket holders with...

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Wouldn't he be paying £130 extra if he waits until later on in the summer...? 

2 hours ago, Handsy said:

Plenty of  fans that are doing away games only   Are happy enough to ask to borrow one off a season ticket holder that’s not going to an away game so they can use it to buy a ticket. 

I have bought one (£140) not to support the owners but (hopefully) to enable me and / or  member of family who lives London way to procure a ticket for away matches down there

It will be a shame to lose them but fully behind the statement from the athelticos, hopefully the club will take notice and try resolve some of the issues raised and they and find some middle ground until the club is eventually under new stewardship.

OA95 have come along way from their humble beginning of being a small group of young fans looking to improve the atmosphere at home games, I think it's a fair assumption that should they of never formered far few younger latics fans would be regularly attending, I also appluad that they have held the club to account publicly on a number of occasions and were an integral part of make our story national news this season..

As a father of young daughter who likes "sit near the singers" I hope have you back at BP in full sound and colour as soon as possible 💙🦉🧡 KTF

Athleticos - you are superb - hold your heads up high and continue your protests against this despicable owner. As soon as he is gone - come back in your hundreds - you do the club proud. YOU ARE THE FUTURE OF OLDHAM ATHLETIC. 

As good as the Athleticos have been this season and also understanding why many would wish to sit as near to them as possible I would point out that they were moved to the middle front of the JFS rather than people "deliberately sitting behind them".

I've moved seats to enable me to watch seated ( no problem ) and never asked anyone to sit down so mayne I'm not one of the "weapons" you mean.😇😘

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

As good as the Athleticos have been this season and also understanding why many would wish to sit as near to them as possible I would point out that they were moved to the middle front of the JFS rather than people "deliberately sitting behind them".

I've moved seats to enable me to watch seated ( no problem ) and never asked anyone to sit down so mayne I'm not one of the "weapons" you mean.😇😘

Well l was talking about when Corney moved us, but l can unserstand how that may not be clear. Primarily bc l didnt fuckin say it 😂😂

to quote Body Odour, it's all somebody elses fault.

Archived