And another club statement

1 minute ago, real said:

Any attempt to refer for criminal prosecution might well fail the "in the public interest" test. This would be  good cause to ask local MPs to get involved in. An overwhelmingly peaceful protest in the face of repeated failings and a confrontational approach by the owners

Here we go again, just like the trying to ban those 3 supporters just before Christmas. 

You couldn't make it up, this is just so pathetic - just shows how incompetent the owners and leaders are.  

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should all E mail the club confessing that we were on the pitch .... even if you didnt attend the game. 6500 admittance of guilt in writing ...... save them the bother of any further advertising of season tickets ..... we would all be banned. 

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

We should all E mail the club confessing that we were on the pitch .... even if you didnt attend the game. 6500 admittance of guilt in writing ...... save them the bother of any further advertising of season tickets ..... we would all be banned. 

Don't fancy the criminal record myself but you feel free. Also i think a court order covers all grounds for say 3 years so don't think it's the best idea

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

The criminal record is less appealing

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Don't fancy the criminal record myself but you feel free. Also i think a court order covers all grounds for say 3 years so don't think it's the best idea

I suppose when the police are faced with thousands of criminal offences to process common sense may prevail don't you think PeteG, hasn't your pal shitpeas wasted enough of the police forces time driving his own agendas, I'd be surprised if one court order is issued on the back of a peaceful protest, remember you won't be able to pick and choose and effectively you would wipe half of your home attendance if anything came of it.

More pertinently if Abdallah and those calling the shots are on their way out why are they even arsed about whose in the ground in the future, to me the worrying aspect is they still see this as the fans fault which is mystifying in itself.

Although this is an incredibly "serious criminal offence"

If they were to get 6,500 "confessions" and they asked the police to process them all they would get told to fuck off

You can't even get rapes in court for well over a year you really think they will shove some 13yr olds there for a completely non violent encroachment onto the pitch?

Did the Exeter and Forest Green ones stop the game from being played? Ever thought the EFL and authorities want the club to act or face consequences, it's not the first time this season is it? I'm not arsed personally but I wouldn't be admitting anything for something i've not done with the prospect of a fine, ban and criminal record. Each to his own I suppose.

Is there a distinction drawn between times of pitch encroachment? Would doing it after the final whistle in celebration be acceptable but doing it during the game as part of a peaceful protest be unacceptable in the eyes of the police? The same people are on the pitch - ie players and officials.

Do the police take this sort of thing into account when deciding on criminal records? It's clear that none of the on pitch protests at BP have been directed at players or officials, so there's no hint of a threat. It seems like they should.

My fear is that the police and club will target individuals who may just be bullied into accepting some sort of record for fear of worse. Are there supporter groups out there who would be able to offer assistance to anyone who gets contacted by the police? Do we need to think about crowdfunding to help with assisting any fans caught up in this?

What the club should be doing is contacting the EFL and GMP and holding their fucking hands up, saying that they've not done enough to discuss the situation with the fans to stop these protests. They've done nothing - they've just attacked and attacked the fans in various ways, pouring fuel on the fire constantly with their lies and false promises. And now they want to act all heavy handed? It's an absolute disgrace.

44 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I suppose when the police are faced with thousands of criminal offences to process common sense may prevail don't you think PeteG, hasn't your pal shitpeas wasted enough of the police forces time driving his own agendas, I'd be surprised if one court order is issued on the back of a peaceful protest, remember you won't be able to pick and choose and effectively you would wipe half of your home attendance if anything came of it.

More pertinently if Abdallah and those calling the shots are on their way out why are they even arsed about whose in the ground in the future, to me the worrying aspect is they still see this as the fans fault which is mystifying in itself.

I suppose there is a first time for everything

27 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Is there a distinction drawn between times of pitch encroachment? Would doing it after the final whistle in celebration be acceptable but doing it during the game as part of a peaceful protest be unacceptable in the eyes of the police? The same people are on the pitch - ie players and officials.

Do the police take this sort of thing into account when deciding on criminal records? It's clear that none of the on pitch protests at BP have been directed at players or officials, so there's no hint of a threat. It seems like they should.

My fear is that the police and club will target individuals who may just be bullied into accepting some sort of record for fear of worse. Are there supporter groups out there who would be able to offer assistance to anyone who gets contacted by the police? Do we need to think about crowdfunding to help with assisting any fans caught up in this?

What the club should be doing is contacting the EFL and GMP and holding their fucking hands up, saying that they've not done enough to discuss the situation with the fans to stop these protests. They've done nothing - they've just attacked and attacked the fans in various ways, pouring fuel on the fire constantly with their lies and false promises. And now they want to act all heavy handed? It's an absolute disgrace.

Top post👏🏻👏🏻

28 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

if Ii acquired a criminal record (I wasn't there) I'd lose my job without any doubt.  If individuals want to help other individuals that's for them to decide but I think the supporters' groups have other things to focus on.

48 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Well the local MPs have started chirping up recently perhaps involve them.

Personally I think this is just an empty threat. Bearing in mind Norhing has come of the bullets in the post for over 3 months an actual serious crime then I expect nothing will come of this. Just Grottens own Jabba the hut trying to throw his weight around.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

if Ii acquired a criminal record (I wasn't there) I'd lose my job without any doubt.  If individuals want to help other individuals that's for them to decide but I think the supporters' groups have other things to focus on.

I was more thinking along the lines of national supporter groups helping with advice on how to respond to any ban or contact from the police, rather than an I'm Spartacus situation.

I just feel that those who did go on the pitch did so with the best intentions - wanting to safeguard the future of the club. For anyone to suffer serious personal consequences as a result seems wholly unfair.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Well the local MPs have started chirping up recently perhaps involve them.

Personally I think this is just an empty threat. Bearing in mind Norhing has come of the bullets in the post for over 3 months an actual serious crime then I expect nothing will come of this. Just Grottens own Jabba the hut trying to throw his weight around.

I really hope it is an empty threat. If I was GMP or the EFL I'd be asking what exactly the club has done since that first encroachment to attempt to resolve the situation with supporters before I started issuing criminal records or bans.

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I was more thinking along the lines of national supporter groups helping with advice on how to respond to any ban or contact from the police, rather than an I'm Spartacus situation.

I just feel that those who did go on the pitch did so with the best intentions - wanting to safeguard the future of the club. For anyone to suffer serious personal consequences as a result seems wholly unfair.

I really hope it is an empty threat. If I was GMP or the EFL I'd be asking what exactly the club has done since that first encroachment to attempt to resolve the situation with supporters before I started issuing criminal records or bans.

That's surely not the remit of the police

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

That's surely not the remit of the police

Maybe not. Depends how the processes work I guess - would GMP just record the complaint, meet evidence threshold and pass it to the CPS for prosecution? Surely context has to be applied somewhere before criminal records are issued? Or am I being too optimistic about how football fans are treated by the police and courts?!

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Maybe not. Depends how the processes work I guess - would GMP just record the complaint, meet evidence threshold and pass it to the CPS for prosecution? Surely context has to be applied somewhere before criminal records are issued? Or am I being too optimistic about how football fans are treated by the police and courts?!

I suspect any bans would be issued by the club for home games rather than all out banning orders through the courts.

I should have thought, though stand to be corrected, that the offence would be civil  rather than criminal.

Myself and a friend pondered this at the Mansfield game when looking at the imposing notices in the Rochdale Road End.

I can't imagine the currently overloaded and desperately in arrears justice system is neither very interested in the workload nor criminalising a bunch of largely adolescent boys.

Notable that the pitch invasion happened on the ninetieth anniversary of The Kinder Scout Mass Trespass when walkers in the Peak District protested against the privations of landowners.

From that came accessible countryside, National Parks and progress towards Right to Roam.

I am not unhappy with non violent civil disobedience in extremis .

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It's black and white - has an offence been committed?  k hope it never becomes the job of the police to contextualise.

1 minute ago, Dickie Down said:

I should have thought, though stand to be corrected that the offence would be civil  rather than criminal.

Myself and a friend pondered this at the Mansfield game when looking at the imposing notices in the Rochdale Road End.

I wouldn't have thought the currently overloaded and desperately in arrears justice system is neither very interested in the workload nor criminalising a bunch of largely adolescent boys.

Notable that the pitch invasion happened on the ninetieth anniversary of The Kinder Scout Mass Trespass when walkers in the Peak District protested against the privations of landowners.

From that came accessible countryside, National Parks and progress towards Right to Roam.

I am not unhappy with non violent civil disobedience in extremis 

It's criminal.  I'm not going to condemn it but I can't condone t

The police have their own footage and they are the ones who will be taking the action not the club per se, however the club has to assist the police along with the EFL and local authorities. Personally i hope nobody is prosecuted.

11 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

I should have thought, though stand to be corrected, that the offence would be civil  rather than criminal.

I can't imagine the currently overloaded and desperately in arrears justice system is neither very interested in the workload nor criminalising a bunch of largely adolescent boys.

I am not unhappy with non violent civil disobedience in extremis .

The only thing the club are right on is that it is a criminal offence 

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's black and white - has an offence been committed?  k hope it never becomes the job of the police to contextualise.

They do it all the time - the police decide whether to prosecute only the most minor offences and they apply two tests.  Firstly the evidential test (ie is there a realistic prospect of conviction) if it passed that then they apply the public interest test, so yes sometimes an offence can be committed but they weigh up whether it's worth going to court

More serious offences and that decision is taken by the CPS using the same two threshold tests.

Archived