Non-League stuff.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halifax had nothing there today, granted it's probably as bad as they've played but seriously they were dire, even with a complete rabble we competed against Forest Green home and away last season, totally outplayed Bristol Rovers at home back end of the season when they were dicking everyone else, as fragile as we were last season that squad would be easily up the top end of the National League, not popular opinion but true.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Halifax had nothing there today, granted it's probably as bad as they've played but seriously they were dire, even with a complete rabble we competed against Forest Green home and away last season, totally outplayed Bristol Rovers at home back end of the season when they were dicking everyone else, as fragile as we were last season that squad would be easily up the top end of the National League, not popular opinion but true.

Think you’re way off the mark there!

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Release Callum Whelan and we might have a chance...

..went to Aldershot v Wealdstone today, both finished in the lower half of the table….hard to judge really, on the face of it nothing to fear and we would expect to beat both of them but honestly, I’m not sure this seasons squad would have done!

1 minute ago, Ritchierich said:

..went to Aldershot v Wealdstone today, both finished in the lower half of the table….hard to judge really, on the face of it nothing to fear and we would expect to beat both of them but honestly, I’m not sure this seasons squad would have done!

And no real reason to suppose tha and next year's won't be worse 

9 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

And no real reason to suppose tha and next year's won't be worse 

If we do not have new owners before next season, the free fall down the pyramid will continue. 

If the lack of investment in the playing squad continues then we will continue to watch poor footballers lose games.

John Sheridan has a huge task on his hands and, even at the level we now find ourselves, the better players will go where the money is. It is no coincidence that Stockport and Wrexham finished as the top two in the league.

Home fans will continue to boycott or simply drift away. 

You are right @Dave_Og next season could be worse.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Home fans will continue to boycott or simply drift away

I’m pretty certain even if the boycotts were called off and supporters were backing him AL still wouldn’t invest enough in to the team.

I fear next season will be as bad if not worse with or without Shez!!

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

I’m pretty certain even if the boycotts were called off and supporters were backing him AL still wouldn’t invest enough in to the team.

I fear next season will be as bad if not worse with or without Shez!!

As he won't talk (with the fan groups) I guess we'll never know, he may think and this is my hope that a successful team would become more saleable and on that basis he might have a go, he may have his own preferred investors lined up who could prop us up taking a percentage of the club as has been muted on social media.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

he may think and this is my hope that a successful team would become more saleable and on that basis he might have a go,

It’s the hope that kills you and IMO, anyone thinking he might give it a go is in cloud cuckoo land…..

17 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

It’s the hope that kills you and IMO, anyone thinking he might give it a go is in cloud cuckoo land…..

Fair point, I just can't see him giving the club away for nothing though as some are hoping. I know that's about it's worth but it isn't going to happen.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

As he won't talk (with the fan groups) I guess we'll never know, he may think and this is my hope that a successful team would become more saleable and on that basis he might have a go, he may have his own preferred investors lined up who could prop us up taking a percentage of the club as has been muted on social media.

January was the time to do that, as he said he would

17 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'd be amazed if we even trouble the top 7. 

totally agree. If we are well run we get promoted, no doubt. But even with shez, ALMO are such a liability that I can only see a season of struggle. Be interesting to see if they are in charge and we are mid to low at Xmas if they will sack him or really aren’t bothered. Still preying a sale happens soon but can’t see it atm 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Some of the away fan allocations will be very small - so if you have not got a season ticket, you may not get a ticket for some of the 16 new grounds 😮

not sayin lm searchin to fuck to find motivation or owt but that sounds like a challenge..

18 hours ago, latics22 said:

Got to hope

In the short and medium term I have very little hope. However in the long term I very much do have hope. At some point in the future the Lemsagams are going to leave we are going to to get an owner we can get behind who will then see the back of Blitz and we will have a better future.

Look at Luton Town it wasn't long ago at all they were in the national league if they play their cards right they could well be starting August in the Premier league. They are still at Kenilworth Road they have spent money and had some investment but it's been done wisely and look how far its taken them.

It's remarkable how far a group of thoughtful determined people can make a change sometimes in any walk of life. It can happen here and if we went on that kind of journey how much fun would we have. We'd have a right good knees up if we went on that kind of journey how many more fans would we find and (I know this sounds abit Corney) we'd make alot of happy memories.

44 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

not sayin lm searchin to fuck to find motivation or owt but that sounds like a challenge..

I’ve seen a list of capacities and the majority of the southern grounds hold a fair few hundred which even allowing for new places to visit should be more than enough for our expected shit show!!

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Some of the away fan allocations will be very small - so if you have not got a season ticket, you may not get a ticket for some of the 16 new grounds 😮

I'm not so sure about that, if you work through the league there are actually plenty of decent sized grounds and away ends….even the very small ones seem to suggest 500+ allocation and frankly if we are 15th like everyone seems to think we really won’t need 500 tickets for a Tuesday night in February in Bromley ☺️

…to add, I think the bigger problem will be our own club limiting away ticket sales in various ways….I believe the OASF and PTB should be approaching the National league and individual clubs soon to see how they will ensure making tickets available to all Latics fans in the event the club attempts to limit or control distribution 

Archived