Today's Shitstorm.

16 minutes ago, Clifford said:

I believe he didn't quite pay it all. Of course he could pay up again and kill the admin risk off, if he can......

He paid the debenture off think it was a £350k debt Corney owed Blitz that he took on when he bought the club.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It says a lot about the current circumstances that, given the unlikeliness of that best case scenario and the severity of the worse case scenario, I'm close to thinking I'd be happy to take the gamble.

Exactly, as it stands with these owners it will be a continuing free fall. 

44 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

It says a lot about the current circumstances that, given the unlikeliness of that best case scenario and the severity of the worse case scenario, I'm close to thinking I'd be happy to take the gamble.

Having lost our league status a large portion of the risk has evaporated.

Still fills me with dread, though.

35 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

I've long had the thought that a large part of the problem is that Latics are caught between the historical animosities of two ancient religions.

Blitz et al are of the the Jewish faith whilst the Lemsgams are Muslim. That is generally a problem, particularly currently given the problems around Israel and Palestine. Neither side will be seen to give anything to the other.

The only chink of light is that Passover has come and gone and Ramadan concludes with Eid next week, very much coinciding with the end of the season. Both sides will be free from their religious obligations and just might concentrate on sorting the job out.

Just a sliver of hope that things might move along then.

This could be the worst post on this website. 

49 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

This is where I am, as huge a gamble as it is. We have to get rid of the Lemsagams, and hopefully BO with them. If nothing else admin. will force the would-be buyers to put up or shut up. 

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Lemsagam isn't going to lose control of the club for the sake of 400k surely.

Depends if he's got access to £400k and indeed what other debts could get called in. If HMRC see some action going on they may make moves also.

Just now, Clifford said:

Casual racism, oh well.

There is nothing racist in this at all.

There is no suggestion of any animosity towards either religion. It is a description of the undeniable animosities which separate them and which may, possibly, play a part in the impasse at Latics.

48 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

I've long had the thought that a large part of the problem is that Latics are caught between the historical animosities of two ancient religions.

Blitz et al are of the the Jewish faith whilst the Lemsgams are Muslim. That is generally a problem, particularly currently given the problems around Israel and Palestine. Neither side will be seen to give anything to the other.

The only chink of light is that Passover has come and gone and Ramadan concludes with Eid next week, very much coinciding with the end of the season. Both sides will be free from their religious obligations and just might concentrate on sorting the job out.

Just a sliver of hope that things might move along then.

so after Ramadan and Passover the Muzlamics and the Jews are freed from religious obligations and can concentrate on sorting stuff out?

Brilliant 😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Dickie Down said:

There is no suggestion of any animosity towards either religion. It is a description of the undeniable animosities which separate them and which may, possibly, play a part in the impasse at Latics.

until next week yeah? 😂😂😂

Just now, Dickie Down said:

Casual racism it is indeed. 

You're suggesting Jews can't concentrate on work around passover, muslims around Ramadan. Both of those i know to be bullshit. Not even going just justify the idea that Jews and Muslims can't work together in business. 

Posting shite like that just adds to the incorrect idea that there is a racial element to our hatred of AL.

Just now, Clifford said:

Casual racism it is indeed. 

You're suggesting Jews can't concentrate on work around passover, muslims around Ramadan. Both of those i know to be bullshit. Not even going just justify the idea that Jews and Muslims can't work together in business. 

Posting shite like that just adds to the incorrect idea that there is a racial element to our hatred of AL.

I fundamentally disagree, but clearly we are not going to. I have nothing further to add.

1 minute ago, Dickie Down said:

I fundamentally disagree, but clearly we are not going to. I have nothing further to add.

Racists don't like being called out, there's a shock. I'd call you a snowflake but you probably hate them as well.....

So. . what I predicated all season is becoming closer to fruition. 

We get relegated. 

We lose the EFL money/loans. 

AL can’t or won’t pay for running costs/debts

No buyer will bail his stupidity out. 

Club goes into admin. 

I’ll say it again, relegation and possible administration is a disaster- but in these very grim times if it means  getting rid of AL and having some hope it will have been a necessary evil. 

16 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

I'm just going to put it down to incompetence rather than any situation in Israel. Abdallah is a dick to everyone regardless of background.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

100% 

A, slow death to oblivion.

B, Nuclear option and pray. 

I’m going option B. 

HMRC are not going to call that debt in - it was the club that alerted them to it in the first instance. It's from the previous regime and although it does officially belong to the club they are working with them to find a resolution. The fact the club alerted them to it as I say stands the club in good stead on that one.

15 minutes ago, PeteG said:

HMRC are not going to call that debt in - it was the club that alerted them to it in the first instance. It's from the previous regime and although it does officially belong to the club they are working with them to find a resolution. The fact the club alerted them to it as I say stands the club in good stead on that one.

Was it on the balance sheet when the transaction of the club was completed between Corney and Lemsagam?

16 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Was it on the balance sheet when the transaction of the club was completed between Corney and Lemsagam?

I don't believe it was. I think it was found and highlighted to HMRC once they took over. I do know it was the club that brought in HMRC

Archived