Today's Shitstorm.

1 hour ago, Dickie Down said:

There is nothing racist in this at all.

There is no suggestion of any animosity towards either religion. It is a description of the undeniable animosities which separate them and which may, possibly, play a part in the impasse at Latics.

So having a generalised swipe at entire faiths on the basis of absolutely no evidence is fine in your world, is it? 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

So having a generalised swipe at entire faiths on the basis of absolutely no evidence is fine in your world, is it? 

I'm unsure if you meant it but 'faith on the basis of absolutely no evidence' isn't that religion?

2 hours ago, Dickie Down said:

I've long had the thought that a large part of the problem is that Latics are caught between the historical animosities of two ancient religions.

Blitz et al are of the the Jewish faith whilst the Lemsgams are Muslim. That is generally a problem, particularly currently given the problems around Israel and Palestine. Neither side will be seen to give anything to the other.

The only chink of light is that Passover has come and gone and Ramadan concludes with Eid next week, very much coinciding with the end of the season. Both sides will be free from their religious obligations and just might concentrate on sorting the job out.

Just a sliver of hope that things might move along then.

That probably started relatively rationally - but it went a long way off beam after that!

1 hour ago, Dickie Down said:

There is nothing racist in this at all.

There is no suggestion of any animosity towards either religion. It is a description of the undeniable animosities which separate them and which may, possibly, play a part in the impasse at Latics.

It is racist and also a load of bollocks

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Casual racism it is indeed. 

You're suggesting Jews can't concentrate on work around passover, muslims around Ramadan. Both of those i know to be bullshit. Not even going just justify the idea that Jews and Muslims can't work together in business. 

Posting shite like that just adds to the incorrect idea that there is a racial element to our hatred of AL.

May have a point, Paul Pogba plays shite during Ramadan doesn't he ? Oh sorry, Paul Pogba plays shite most of the time. Yes, I know, nothing about Latics but I thought it was funny ( or maybe not), easy to offend anyone these days

3 minutes ago, Warrington Blue said:

May have a point, Paul Pogba plays shite during Ramadan doesn't he ? Oh sorry, Paul Pogba plays shite most of the time. Yes, I know, nothing about Latics but I thought it was funny ( or maybe not), easy to offend anyone these days

You should be on stage. Broady watch out.

44 minutes ago, C.O.JONES said:

I'm unsure if you meant it but 'faith on the basis of absolutely no evidence' isn't that religion?

As a great man once said…

”what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence”

Did see a very good analogy before 

Oafc has a cancerous tumor called Almo 

Administration is the operation to cut Almo out 

We may die on the operating table but we may come back healthier than ever 

Dont have the OP and we will die a slow and painfull death 

52 minutes ago, Warrington Blue said:

McChangama got player of the month for us whilst fasting durin the Holy month.

There was pissboil from our fans.

lve joined in Ramadan four out of the last ten years.

lt's very difficult.

But the feast at the end can be good.

Often argue w Muzlamics about Ramadan. l don't believe that people in driving jobs, or jobs where you hold other peoples life in your hands, should fast. l believe Allah would forgive this. Participation only solidified my view.

2 hours ago, PeteG said:

I don't believe it was. I think it was found and highlighted to HMRC once they took over. I do know it was the club that brought in HMRC

from memory was it not the HMRC raid of November 2017? AL took over Jan 2018?

I could be wrong

2 minutes ago, underdog said:

I could be wrong

I think that's about right.  The question is whether it was disclosed by the seller in due diligence although as AL was clearly involved well before the formal takeover it's hard to imagine he was completely unaware

15 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

lve joined in Ramadan four out of the last ten years.

lt's very difficult.

But the feast at the end can be good.

Often argue w Muzlamics about Ramadan. l don't believe that people in driving jobs, or jobs where you hold other peoples life in your hands, should fast. l believe Allah would forgive this. Participation only solidified my view.

🤣🤣🤣 you honestly make me piss

My own mental health is taking a beating at the moment so thank you 👍

There was absolutely no intention in my post to be racist.

However, it has clearly caused offence and for that I apologise unreservedly.

As it has caused offence and is a distraction from the greater discussion, I would support the administrators should they wish to remove it

If a club gets relegated from the EFL to the National League in administration, they start the season with a 10pt deduction.

If they haven't paid back creditors by the end of the season, they're not eligible for promotion or the playoffs.

From the second year of being in the league, if you aren't out of admin in one season then you get relegated automatically wherever you finish.

Of course, these are only problems if we are still trading by that point, which is not a given.

4 minutes ago, Dickie Down said:

There was absolutely no intention in my post to be racist.

However, it has clearly caused offence and for that I apologise unreservedly.

As it has caused offence and is a distraction from the greater discussion, I would support the administrators should they wish to remove it

You had a point you wanted to make so you did it, why apologise? The general point you made isn't that outlandish that certain religions could possibly have it out for others, more than lilely isn't the case in this instance but none of us barring a few people know for sure. 

12 minutes ago, underdog said:

I could be wrong

I might be wrong but i think this is a separate issue that came to light after the takeover and the club informed HMRC to come in and investigate therefore it is hoped that HMRC would be lenient and work together for a solution as it didn't involve the current owners.

3 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

If a club gets relegated from the EFL to the National League in administration, they start the season with a 10pt deduction.

If they haven't paid back creditors by the end of the season, they're not eligible for promotion or the playoffs.

From the second year of being in the league, if you aren't out of admin in one season then you get relegated automatically wherever you finish.

Of course, these are only problems if we are still trading by that point, which is not a given.

We aren't even in this hell hole league yet and I already detest it 

Archived