Today's Shitstorm.

3 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

They ain’t banning a few hundred people. There would be uproar in the media and from politicians. 

Exactly. I said this at the time, it will be a few certain people who will be made examples of.

Utter scumbags running our club.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of us on that pitch wanted any trouble. None at all. There was a few who went over to the Salford fans but quickly switched attention to the real reason we were on the pitch. We ran on because we're sick of our club rotting away. We did it to get attention. We got a bit of attention, but still not enough. We're rotting away. It's so upsetting. 

It also smacks of trying to take advantage of the other pitch invasions in the spotlight currently where fans have assaulted players/managers etc. Just to try and provide cover for Barry Owen's personal vindictiveness.

The Salford protest couldn't have been any further removed from recent scenes.

Instead of keep feeding us this utter shite about banning fans. Just bloody tell you are doing something about the cause of the fans displeasure .

Things like employing footballs who are NOT right at the bottom of the pyramid of skill levels. 

Like employing staff who understand the fans passion, and display  some of the same themselves.

Like informing us of football related matters at the club, like who is staying, and who is leaving, and what the club are planning, to ensure that we get out of the NL as soon as possible. 

Stop this total crap of demonizing the fans for voicing their opinions. Be it right or wrong, how long will it take those who keep coming up with these threats of club bans, and police action, to understand that THEY are the problem not the fans.

Buy some players who can actually play football, and will be able to compete at the level that we are at, would be a start.

Make going to a game a pleasant experience. I recently approached the ground from Clayton playing fields. The same way most opposition fans would. And it is a disgusting sea of litter, building rubble and all manner of left over crap from the building site. No wonder people post their web sites,that Oldhams ground is a shit hole.

The problem is NOT the fans, it's the the small minded moronic pillocks who own the club,  and the same applies to the other tosser who owns the ground. And the other minions who are constantly going to war with our fans.

We have endured our worst 4 years in our history. And there are no signs whatsoever that things will be any better soon. The owning and running of the club is a shambles. And you bunch of moronic misfits, bizarrely keep sniping at the fans. The one thing that this cloud of shit is not, is, that is not the fans fault.

Sam Hart in limbo;

'Depending on the co-operation of the Latics hierarchy, with specific paperwork needing to be filed tomorrow'

Shez wants him to stay, but it looks like he's going to be frustrated  seeing how this club is run.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20153784.defender-hart-limbo-oldham-athletic-contract/

This latest statement is pushing me close to the end….I’ve been supporting this club for 50 years through thick and thin but I think this may be it. 

They will hide behind the recent unsavoury incidents at other grounds and the police will do the same so very likely to hand out numerous 3 year bans and potentially even Police prosecutions for trying to save our club…this should be escalated to local MPs and the council but I imagine they will do sweet fa as usual

I honestly don’t think they will let us attend away games easily next season either so what is the point anymore?

3 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anyone gets one start sending them to the media it caused a shitshow last time it will do the same again.

Difference between this time and last time is that pitch encroachment is actually an offence, whereas "promoting dislike for the club" isn't. From what I can gather, a ban is a waste of time cos most people that were on the pitch are boycotting anyway...

6 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Anyone gets one start sending them to the media it caused a shitshow last time it will do the same again.

Good luck with that in the current climate. This match was stopped for over an hour and it's illegal to be on the pitch. Not sure any media outlet will be sympathetic 

54 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Sam Hart in limbo;

'Depending on the co-operation of the Latics hierarchy, with specific paperwork needing to be filed tomorrow'

Shez wants him to stay, but it looks like he's going to be frustrated  seeing how this club is run.

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/20153784.defender-hart-limbo-oldham-athletic-contract/

I'd have thought he'd have had his pick of L2 clubs given how highly many rated him. 

Had a feeling something was coming given how much media attention has been (rightly) given to the recent pitch invasions / assaults.

Club can piggy back on it as if their holier than thou even though ours was nothing like the ones in past week or so.

3 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Good luck with that in the current climate. This match was stopped for over an hour and it's illegal to be on the pitch. Not sure any media outlet will be sympathetic 

Thanks for confirming the specific timing of this statement being deliberate to try and tie in these bans with what's happened this week.

Just now, nzlatic said:

Thanks for confirming the specific timing of this statement being deliberate to try and tie in these bans with what's happened this week.

Don't think I said that did I? Think the club put out a statement a couple of weeks ago saying they were working on identifying individuals and that bans would follow. They must have concluded that process.

6 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I'm pretty sure the whole media knows exactly what's going on here at our club their is difference between what you are seeing interms of other club's fans running on the pitch to celebrate a promotion to what ours was.

Everton won't be banning any of those fans on the pitch at goodison with the possible exception of that clown that antagonised Patrick Vieira.

Besides most of them who get banned won't go anyway. 

37 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Don't think I said that did I? Think the club put out a statement a couple of weeks ago saying they were working on identifying individuals and that bans would follow. They must have concluded that process.

No sympathy in the current climate you effectively said. You could take from that that before the Billy Sharp incident on Tuesday there would probably have been more sympathy for any of our fans. I'm sure it's a massive coincidence that the invetigation concluded this morning. And it definitely wasn't cynical opportunism.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

I'm pretty sure the whole media knows exactly what's going on here at our club their is difference between what you are seeing interms of other club's fans running on the pitch to celebrate a promotion to what ours was.

Everton won't be banning any of those fans on the pitch at goodison with the possible exception of that clown that antagonised Patrick Vieira.

Besides most of them who get banned won't go anyway. 

To be fair, I think Mike Halliwell is right here. The media outlets (I'm particularly thinking White and Jordan) would probably applaud the club for this after all that has gone in this week.

I think it's a load of tosh and it was clear to see the protests were peaceful v Salford and nothing like this week's incidents, but I suspect that's that's way MSM would look at it...

1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Clear and obvious differences between our pitch invasions and the ones seen this week, not sure club can or will be allowed to just turn a blind eye to it...

One of the differences being that there were isolated incidents of violence in all of this week's invasions. Therefore its a straightforward situation for those clubs or police forces to identify and target those individuals for appropriate punishment.

With our one at the Salford game, is there any difference in the actions of all who went on the pitch? They all behaved in pretty much the same way - entered the field of play during the game, protested peacefully and refused to leave.  Why should some individuals receive bans and not all?

12 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

One of the differences being that there were isolated incidents of violence in all of this week's invasions. Therefore its a straightforward situation for those clubs or police forces to identify and target those individuals for appropriate punishment.

With our one at the Salford game, is there any difference in the actions of all who went on the pitch? They all behaved in pretty much the same way - entered the field of play during the game, protested peacefully and refused to leave.  Why should some individuals receive bans and not all?

And got the game stopped for almost 90 minutes.

Archived