Today's Shitstorm.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd have thought he'd have had his pick of L2 clubs given how highly many rated him. 

If you read the article it includes the following:

“Hart’s preference would be to stay in the Football League, and he has attracted interest from League One and League Two clubs,”

4 minutes ago, underdog said:

If anyone gets one.  Please seek independant advice from the FSA (Football Supporters Association) and another organisation I was told of today,  called Faircop

Don't even know if it's feasible or if the not appealable bit is legal, not legally minded, but there may be a Latics fan solicitor lawyer out there who may be prepared to pro bono it as a class action for the people involved maybe. Could be a lot of Barry bluster when it comes down to it, seems to love his new found voice now he's back doesn't he.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

“Hart’s preference would be to stay in the Football League, and he has attracted interest from League One and League Two clubs,”

As far as we know we still have Dylan Fage. Now theres a player 😂

21 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

So are you suggesting that all is well with the club and the people involved were overreacting?

Didn't suggest that so not sure where you come to that conclusion. I pointed out the fact that the game was stopped for over an hour, it was about the 3rd or 4th time it had happened this season and it's illegal. If you don't think the authorities have had an input and want to see some action to prevent it happening again you are either delusional or naive

33 minutes ago, PeteG said:

And got the game stopped for almost 90 minutes.

Thanks for expanding on the "refused to leave" part of what I said. Didn't answer my final question though - they presumably won't be banning everyone who went and stayed on the pitch. So why will some get bans and some not? Or are the club about to issue several hundred 3 year bans?

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Didn't suggest that so not sure where you come to that conclusion. I pointed out the fact that the game was stopped for over an hour, it was about the 3rd or 4th time it had happened this season and it's illegal. If you don't think the authorities have had an input and want to see some action to prevent it happening again you are either delusional or naive

Surely the action to prevent it happening again would be the current incumbent being good to his word and divesting himself of his ownership of the club, which despite his stated wish to do so has shown no sign of progression. Unless you know differently.

16 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

Don't even know if it's feasible or if the not appealable bit is legal, not legally minded, but there may be a Latics fan solicitor lawyer out there who may be prepared to pro bono it as a class action for the people involved maybe. Could be a lot of Barry bluster when it comes down to it, seems to love his new found voice now he's back doesn't he.

I think everyone knows it's against the law to go on the pitch, i'm no legal expert but if they have photo evidence of any individual on the pitch i don't think they will have a leg to stand on regardless of who they contact.

9 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Thanks for expanding on the "refused to leave" part of what I said. Didn't answer my final question though - they presumably won't be banning everyone who went and stayed on the pitch. So why will some get bans and some not? Or are the club about to issue several hundred 3 year bans?

I've no idea who will receive a ban, i'm assuming some have been identified and some are more difficult to identify given many of the pictures i've seen some were covering their faces.

10 minutes ago, PeteG said:

I think everyone knows it's against the law to go on the pitch, i'm no legal expert but if they have photo evidence of any individual on the pitch i don't think they will have a leg to stand on regardless of who they contact.

So technically if they're a lower limb double amputee they'll be ok ?

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Good for him. I suspect he'll turn out to be one of the legion of players who weren't great for us but will be decent somewhere else. I'll take your word for it that I didn't see the best of him. 

Not sure why people think i'd know who will receive a ban. I've read the club statements like everyone else - the first one stated they were trying to identify people and once identified would be banned - that was before any of the incidents in the last week, the 2nd statement says they have now identified some people. Most of those will be boycotting anyway so it's no major deal however, i'd be more concerned about the police if they decide to prosecute and given this week, they are much more likely to and the courts more likely to harsher with the punishments they hand down but that's just my opinion. I don't really care either way, i didn't bother attending the game against Salford.

4 minutes ago, PeteG said:

Not sure why people think i'd know who will receive a ban. I've read the club statements like everyone else - the first one stated they were trying to identify people and once identified would be banned - that was before any of the incidents in the last week, the 2nd statement says they have now identified some people. Most of those will be boycotting anyway so it's no major deal however, i'd be more concerned about the police if they decide to prosecute and given this week, they are much more likely to and the courts more likely to harsher with the punishments they hand down but that's just my opinion. I don't really care either way, i didn't bother attending the game against Salford.

Well as you've said yourself you are no legal expert.

I'm sure the police have really, really, reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more pressing stuff to deal with than a clubs fans who's owners royally are fucking them over staging a peaceful protest on the pitch to make their point, regardless of who's rules it's against. Fairly obvious Baz has taken the opportunity to double down on his I'm in charge after his North Stand press release the other week. All I want is my club to be run by competent people, not a lot to ask is it?

5 minutes ago, Inspectormorose. said:

I'm sure the police have really, really, reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more pressing stuff to deal with than a clubs fans who's owners royally are fucking them over staging a peaceful protest on the pitch to make their point, regardless of who's rules it's against. Fairly obvious Baz has taken the opportunity to double down on his I'm in charge after his North Stand press release the other week. All I want is my club to be run by competent people, not a lot to ask is it?

I agree with you, it's hardly crime of the century however, we all know the police like an easy target, it helps their figures. I was royally pissed for having to attend a speed awareness a couple of years for doing 34 in a 30 zone when a week before the same stretch of road was a 60 limit.

I agree with you, it's hardly crime of the century however, we all know the police like an easy target, it helps their figures. I was royally pissed for having to attend a speed awareness a couple of years for doing 34 in a 30 zone when a week before the same stretch of road was a 60 limit.

so it was 60 and now 30.. is that (only) half of it ? 

1 hour ago, PeteG said:

And got the game stopped for almost 90 minutes.

That isn't an offence as far as I am aware, pitch encroachment is punishable which by my reckoning would see approximately 50,000 football fans facing banning orders after this week's antics.

Now let's get it right here Shitpeas is getting personal with an arm of our fan base and rather than dampen the flames as Rome burns down his game is to throw petrol on the situation, that is one stupid cunt if he thinks this sort of action is appropriate and my advice to him would be he needs to tread careful going forward as he is going out of his way to antagonize ordinary fans.

On the back of this my overriding worry is that they aren't selling the club have no intention of doing so, they've given a sniff of power to Captain Fuckwit and just when you think the place can't get any fucking lower we've got the teaspoons out scraping off another layer.

7 minutes ago, PeteG said:

The police won't be taking anyone to court would be my bet.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

That isn't an offence as far as I am aware, pitch encroachment is punishable which by my reckoning would see approximately 50,000 football fans facing banning orders after this week's antics.

Now let's get it right here Shitpeas is getting personal with an arm of our fan base and rather than dampen the flames as Rome burns down his game is to throw petrol on the situation, that is one stupid cunt if he thinks this sort of action is appropriate and my advice to him would be he needs to tread careful going forward as he is going out of his way to antagonize ordinary fans.

On the back of this my overriding worry is that they aren't selling the club have no intention of doing so, they've given a sniff of power to Captain Fuckwit and just when you think the place can't get any fucking lower we've got the teaspoons out scraping off another layer.

I’m just looking forward to the day Abdallah rings the stench and says- why did they laugh in court? You told me the north stand was ours. 

Archived