4. 4. Carl Piergianni (2022)

5. 5. Dylan Fage (2022)

6. 6. Kyle Jameson (2022)

7. 7. Jack Stobbs (2022)

8. 8. Raphaël Diarra (2022)

9. 9. Will Sutton (2022)

10. 10. Benny Couto (2024)

34 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Surely the back line (Clarke, McGahey, Hart) given the goals we have conceded this season should all be released? Pidge at a push to stay the rest get rid. 

Sadly the defence was probably the best part of the team!

While ALMO are still here it doesn't really matter that much.

Just now, TheBigDog said:

Likewise I am mystified re the number of people that give him grief 🤔

Do they? He's been part of the worst team we've ever had and I've seen very little from him that made him any better than the rest of them. 

Just now, Dave_Og said:

Do they? He's been part of the worst team we've ever had and I've seen very little from him that made him any better than the rest of them. 

Opinions I suppose - I’ve seen a lot from him that was very positive - will be a key player for us next season if he’s still here.

34 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Mystified re the number of people that see something positive in Hart. Abysmal whenever I've seen him. 

Find him a bit of an enigma. I don't think he's particularly bad but teams seem to always get in down his side. Release.

Didn't someone compare him with Jobson or Warhurst at the start of the season...?

5 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Find him a bit of an enigma. I don't think he's particularly bad but teams seem to always get in down his side. Release.

Didn't someone compare him with Jobson or Warhurst at the start of the season...?

I'll have a pint of whatever they're on

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Mystified re the number of people that see something positive in Hart. Abysmal whenever I've seen him. 

He's never been abysmal, one of the few shining lights in this team who won't have any trouble finding a club, probably higher.

12 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's never been abysmal, one of the few shining lights in this team who won't have any trouble finding a club, probably higher.

I respect your opinion but for abysmal I'll cite Colchester. Roasted from minute one. Surely shining light is taking a bit far? Iny book there has been no such thing this season 

7 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I respect your opinion but for abysmal I'll cite Colchester. Roasted from minute one. Surely shining light is taking a bit far? Iny book there has been no such thing this season 

Agree I liked Hart and Clarke this season but I'm beginning to see its more an indictment of just how bad this team is rather than how good they are 

Every single game he holds onto the ball, loses it and the opposition are attacking our goal, every game. That’s nothing to do with the team that’s him. He gets forward okay I suppose, in a straight line. His crossing isn’t any good, passing not great. He battles okay. We can do better than him. Time to get rid of Hart, Clarke and Harrison McGahey, two relegations on the bounce. 

26 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Along with Hart Pidge was the other shining light and to a lesser extent Adams and DKD. 

Pity they were surrounded by many dim lights.

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Every single game he holds onto the ball, loses it and the opposition are attacking our goal, every game. That’s nothing to do with the team that’s him. He gets forward okay I suppose, in a straight line. His crossing isn’t any good, passing not great. He battles okay. We can do better than him. Time to get rid of Hart, Clarke and Harrison McGahey, two relegations on the bounce. 

I think Sheridan’s on a hiding to nothing and cannot for the life of me understand his decision to stay here!

On our budget I think we’ll probably struggle to improve the quality of this squad enough to be competitive.
We’re not in Div 2 now….we’re in the National League. There’ll be a lot more players like this on view next season!

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Along with Hart Pidge was the other shining light and to a lesser extent Adams and DKD. 

Pity they were surrounded by many dim lights.

I'd say more a load of broken bulbs surrounding some with flickering signs of life... :)

16 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Surely the back line (Clarke, McGahey, Hart) given the goals we have conceded this season should all be released? Pidge at a push to stay the rest get rid. 

We were a long way into the season before they were all available, due to injuries and the contract fiasco.

Remember we got bounced 0-3 at home by Barrow with a back line of Jameson, Pidge, Sheehan and Fage.  Halfway through the season we lost 1-3 to Scunthorpe at home with a back line of Couto, Diarra, Pidge and Adams.

With our first choice back four, I don't think it's impossible that we might have had six points from those two home matches.

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

He's no world beater agreed but if you can't see "anything" positive in him you've been watching a different player from me.

Gives 100% every game, defends OK in the main (agree he gets caught out now and again but who doesn't in this shit league) and is a decent threat going forward.

If you can recommend anyone better Dave for next season on the peanuts we pay send in a stamped addressed envelope to 

John Sheridan

Oldham Athletic FC etc etc

Archived