22/23 Keep/Release - Midfielders

22/23 Keep/Release - Midfielders  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Ousseynou Cisse (2022 with option)

2. 2. Nicky Adams (2022)

3. 3. Callum Whelan (2022)

4. 4. Davis Keillor-Dunn (2022)

5. 5. Dylan Bahamboula (2022)

6. 6. Jamie Hopcutt (2022 with option)

7. 7. Chris Missilou (2022)

8. 8. Harry Vaughan (2023, with option for 1 more year)

9. 9. Kane Badby (2022)

59 minutes ago, singe said:

That wasn't my point at all!!! It was how we voted to keep a full team, that probably played some games together and got us relegated. I meanw wee should be trying to keep a couple at best even for a division lower....

Which will probably will do my point was that the majority of the players we on here would keep either have already or will be soon negotiating deals with football league clubs

On 4/30/2022 at 12:38 AM, yarddog73 said:

How a third of people on here would release Missilou baffles me, he's been one of only couple of positives this year and probably our best and most consistent player.

Think he pissed a lot of people off when he went to play for  his country when we were struggling with injuries apart from everything else. We also took him back and gave him a contract whe nobody else appeared to  want him.

13 hours ago, wroteforluck87 said:

Which will probably will do my point was that the majority of the players we on here would keep either have already or will be soon negotiating deals with football league clubs

I doubt there will be a queue to sign many! 

As has been the case throughout Lemsagams time most will drop 2 divisions. 

I'm highly doubtful even the majority that leave end up in the football league 

3 hours ago, singe said:

I'm highly doubtful even the majority that leave end up in the football league 

That majority you talk of managed to help our club drop into the National League so I’m not doubtful,  I’m pretty certain!!😆

On 4/30/2022 at 5:38 AM, yarddog73 said:

How a third of people on here would release Missilou baffles me, he's been one of only couple of positives this year and probably our best and most consistent player.

he's shit and, like pretty much all of them, has paid an integral part in us dropping out of the football league for the first time in 115 years.

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

he's shit and, like pretty much all of them, has paid an integral part in us dropping out of the football league for the first time in 115 years.

I don't blame him, I could point at 20 other players who I could blame but on the whole his contribution has been decent, he will pop up in League 1 or 2 next season doing job for someone like plenty of players have gone and done in recent seasons.

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I don't blame him, I could point at 20 other players who I could blame but on the whole his contribution has been decent, he will pop up in League 1 or 2 next season doing job for someone like plenty of players have gone and done in recent seasons.

Only 48 Appearances in the last four years for 4 different clubs would suggest otherwise. He’s not our worst player but he hasn’t much competition to be honest….I think he’s crap and IMO will struggle to find a league club next term!

19 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It really hasn't 

10 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It really hasn't 

our brief turnaround was when he won a few tackles in the middle of the park. Prior to that we had to watch whelan and Bowden get nowhere near anyone. We won’t get any better 

He is our only true DM and is effective in the fact that he puts himself about a bit, other than that he offers nothing! IMO He is in no way better than Sylla or Fane who both got absolutely murdered on here!!

21 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

He is our only true DM and is effective in the fact that he puts himself about a bit, other than that he offers nothing! IMO He is in no way better than Sylla or Fane who both got absolutely murdered on here!!

His performance at Fulham was off the scale.  It's in there with the right coaching/teammates

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

His performance at Fulham was off the scale.  It's in there with the right coaching/teammates

He did have a blinder that day but most players can have the odd blinder. Whelan had a blinder against Bristol Rovers too!😂

I’m sorry but I have to disagree.

Since he left, he has failed to hold down a regular place in 3 short spells at clubs in league 2 and I’ve seen nothing different here apart from a bit of effort since he came back!

46 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A team in the Conference were offered him in January and chose not to sign him. I think they'll probably go back for him in the summer unless we exercise an option in his deal...

It would obviously depend on the quality of any replacement, but would  you want to keep him?

7 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

FA Cup one offs can't be used as an indicator of genuine lower league ability 

Branger Engone was outstanding in that game too as was JP Kalala against Everton 

On 5/4/2022 at 4:39 PM, Chaddyexile84 said:

FA Cup one offs can't be used as an indicator of genuine lower league ability 

Branger Engone was outstanding in that game too as was JP Kalala against Everton 

In the Fulham game the outstanding players I saw were Missilou and the four loanee. Surridge, Lang, Iversen and Lydon. Best loan since? 

1 hour ago, Clifford said:

Pointless opinion alert......

No I'm just acknowledging that other people may have seen more of him so may see this differently. The second goal at Tranmere last week also kind of backs up the theory that he's not totally comfortable in possession of the ball.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

The second goal at Tranmere last week also kind of backs up the theory that he's not totally comfortable in possession of the ball.

Just like the other 10 then….

Archived